The importance of a loved one.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I posted this on Facebook and I would like to have others read it, maybe it could possibly help someone, I'm hoping.

I don't know how to put my feelings into words, the person that meant more to me than anyone, my son, passed last night. My son was fighting battles with the demons that possessed him for over 20 years, he was addicted to drugs. Anthony was a special person who had so much love in his heart for people, especially his family and other people that had hardships similar to his. I along with his mother have been walking down this dark street for twenty years battling with our emotions over the good and bad things that surrounded our son and the dilemma that we faced on a daily basis. I sit here in pain, I have a lot of pain in my back which I was scheduled to have back surgery on the 2nd. of Oct. but that pain is inconsequential in comparison to the pain I have in my heart. Surgery can somewhat repair my back but there isn't any surgery that can repair a broken heart. Drugs are life killers, They kill the love, one has for mankind, they kill the joy that life brings to everyone but not to people with addictions. And lastly, they kill the person that is addicted. Anthony was a loyal person to all whom he loved, his family and his friends. If you were included in this group he had your back, forever. He loved all Chicago sports teams, the Bears, the Cubs, the Blackhawks, and the Bulls. And it didn't matter how much I had wagered against any Chicago team when we were watching a game that included a Chicago team he would always passionately root for the Chicago team regardless of how much I had wagered against them. That really pissed me off but he would say"sorry dad but that's my team" And surprisingly, I would be good with that. My point is the love and passion he showed for Chicago was a testament to the loyalty he had for those he loved. My son was frustrated with his addiction and wanted badly to beat it, he would lash out at the ones he loved for no apparent reason because he was frustrated with his inability to get clean and live a fruitful life. Yes he was angry with himself and he didn't know how to handle it and took it out on his mother and father, which was despicable, however, we knew what his true feelings were and because of that, we were able to tolerate his disrespectfulness. Anthony was a bright, loving, and compassionate person when he was his real self, and that's the way I will always remember him. Those who knew Anthony knows how friendly and outgoing he was, he was a joy to be around, and for those who didn't know my son that way, I'm sorry. What I'm most upset about is that my son passed before he could get clean and show his true feelings, show openly with his family and friends how much love he had for people. I'm saddened with how frustrated my son had been with his addiction, he wanted badly to be a person that loved himself but because of drugs he wasn't able to do that, he was a prisoner shackled to the ugliness of addiction. My solace is that finally, my son is free, he's at peace with himself and for that I am forever grateful. R.I.P. my son I love you so much.

For those who may have a loved one that has this disease of addiction, please don't ever give up on them. Anthony's mother and I have gone through so much with our son, it truly has been a nightmare and it ended as one. Most importantly, stay close to the addicted person, always offer support, and pray that it all works out. Addiction has no eyes, nor does it have compassion, support your loved ones that's what they need and never give up...never.

Bill Incardona

Jimmy B

Verified Member
We are so sorry for your loss, Bill, and I know your message could be of help to others.. Very good..

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I posted this on Facebook and I would like to have others read it, maybe it could possibly help someone, I'm hoping.

I don't know how to put my feelings into words, the person that meant more to me than anyone, my son, passed last night. My son was fighting battles with the demons that possessed him for over 20 years, he was addicted to drugs. Anthony was a special person who had so much love in his heart for people, especially his family and other people that had hardships similar to his. I along with his mother have been walking down this dark street for twenty years battling with our emotions over the good and bad things that surrounded our son and the dilemma that we faced on a daily basis. I sit here in pain, I have a lot of pain in my back which I was scheduled to have back surgery on the 2nd. of Oct. but that pain is inconsequential in comparison to the pain I have in my heart. Surgery can somewhat repair my back but there isn't any surgery that can repair a broken heart. Drugs are life killers, They kill the love, one has for mankind, they kill the joy that life brings to everyone but not to people with addictions. And lastly, they kill the person that is addicted. Anthony was a loyal person to all whom he loved, his family and his friends. If you were included in this group he had your back, forever. He loved all Chicago sports teams, the Bears, the Cubs, the Blackhawks, and the Bulls. And it didn't matter how much I had wagered against any Chicago team when we were watching a game that included a Chicago team he would always passionately root for the Chicago team regardless of how much I had wagered against them. That really pissed me off but he would say"sorry dad but that's my team" And surprisingly, I would be good with that. My point is the love and passion he showed for Chicago was a testament to the loyalty he had for those he loved. My son was frustrated with his addiction and wanted badly to beat it, he would lash out at the ones he loved for no apparent reason because he was frustrated with his inability to get clean and live a fruitful life. Yes he was angry with himself and he didn't know how to handle it and took it out on his mother and father, which was despicable, however, we knew what his true feelings were and because of that, we were able to tolerate his disrespectfulness. Anthony was a bright, loving, and compassionate person when he was his real self, and that's the way I will always remember him. Those who knew Anthony knows how friendly and outgoing he was, he was a joy to be around, and for those who didn't know my son that way, I'm sorry. What I'm most upset about is that my son passed before he could get clean and show his true feelings, show openly with his family and friends how much love he had for people. I'm saddened with how frustrated my son had been with his addiction, he wanted badly to be a person that loved himself but because of drugs he wasn't able to do that, he was a prisoner shackled to the ugliness of addiction. My solace is that finally, my son is free, he's at peace with himself and for that I am forever grateful. R.I.P. my son I love you so much.

For those who may have a loved one that has this disease of addiction, please don't ever give up on them. Anthony's mother and I have gone through so much with our son, it truly has been a nightmare and it ended as one. Most importantly, stay close to the addicted person, always offer support, and pray that it all works out. Addiction has no eyes, nor does it have compassion, support your loved ones that's what they need and never give up...never.

Bill Incardona

Billy, unfortunately I know exactly how you are feeling because I went through this same heartbreak twice, with 2 different close family members, who both passed at a young age from their drug addictions.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
From Bill "mr3cushion" Smith to you Billy:

Billy; No other person can know the overwhelming sorrow you are enduring at this terrible time!

I hope you and your family can hope and feel, He's at peace and His battle is over. So sorry for your pain, medical and emotional.

R.I.P. Anthony.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Bill
i will never know what you have gone thru and are going thru now since i never had children
but i can feel the heaviness in your heart
my prayers amd condolences are with you and your family
hopefully your message will be of help to others in a similar situation
stay strong
and take one day at a time
keep the good memories of anthony in your heart
R.I.P Anthony
larry

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Billy, my wife and I are so sorry to hear this. We had the pleasure to have met and talked to him at Bogies in Houston a couple of years ago.
My wife asked you if he was your son because he looked so much like you. What a shame for someone to pass so early in life. Our sincere condolences.

MBplayer

Sorry Billy

Sorry Billy

Billy, you don't know me, but I offer my sincerest condolences on the loss of your son. I too lost a son due to drugs just t a few years ago. Not a Sunday goes by that it still miss him dearly; we used to talk every Sunday. I know the pain you feel and I am sure it will ease in time. Just remember the good times with your son and those memories can last with you forever.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I have lost 3 family members or friends due to overdoesing and I can't believe that it continues to happen every day, it's unreal and the worst epidemic we have ever faced imo.

I cant imagine losing a child Dr. Bill, my deepest condolences and hope you find some comfort knowing he is no longer suffering. Remember the good times...

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
Sorry for your loss and your struggle.
I have a son that could very easily head down the same road, I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Billy, You and Anthony's mother are in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for you loss, cannot comprehend what you are going through.

Rest in peace, Anthony.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
So sorry to hear, Bill.

I had a similar loss from an unrelated cause, and a very close call with my son that I am thankful for every day. Your "Never give up" is right on target. Some of us get lucky.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Whenever I hear of a tragedy like this, I think of the adage, "There but for the grace of God, go I." I am sure I am not the only one here who had a drug problem at some point or another. Mine was fortunately only a few years and cleaned up before I was 25, and by some miracle I came away relatively unscathed and never turned back. But back in my day, they did not have synthetic opioids like Oxycontin and Percocets (heavily pushed by legal big pharma and their legal distribution channels), let alone Fentanyl and Carfentanyl. They had Heroin of course, but these days Heroin is often the weaker side bar to the more powerful synthetics.

How much temptation there is out there is so scary and makes it so easy for these young people to slip into the terrible grasp of addiction, and so difficult to break free. Wanting help is rarely the problem, but getting help is not easy because our society policy is to treat addiction like a crime, not the sickness it is.

Billy I apologize if this is too much policy but I assure you my feelings are definitely with you and your family 100%

JAM

Verified Member
The sadness that ensues when we lose a loved one never seems to go away. As time goes by, the pain is dulled somewhat, but it's still there and hard to understand.

Just know we all care about you, Billy, very much and hope the coming days, weeks, months, and years will bring you the ability to cope with this tremendous loss.

Don't be afraid to reach out to any of us. We are your pool family, and as such, we want you to know we are here for you. Always.

Sincerely, Jennie Ann and Keith

youngstown

Verified Member
The importance of a loved one.

I'm very sorry for what you've been through and for your loss. I think just about everyone has been touched by this epidemic, whether directly or thru a loved one. I have a cousin who has problems and my uncle is having a hard time getting him on his feet. It's been very hard on him. So ugly.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Next to.......

Next to.......

.......impossible to save a cherished one from this curse were surrounded by.You may think you tried and failed but its not so.I am hoping in time you and your wife find a safe place to put your feelings regarding this so it evolves more in the past rather than now and in the future.Memories.............pictures.......best of luck my friend,Bob

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The sadness that ensues when we lose a loved one never seems to go away. As time goes by, the pain is dulled somewhat, but it's still there and hard to understand.

Just know we all care about you, Billy, very much and hope the coming days, weeks, months, and years will bring you the ability to cope with this tremendous loss.

Don't be afraid to reach out to any of us. We are your pool family, and as such, we want you to know we are here for you. Always.

Sincerely, Jennie Ann and Keith

Jenny, I know that I will never be the same, my son was my best friend and I loved him so much in spite of his problem with addiction. I felt his struggles when he was born prematurely, then later in life when he resorted to drugs. Life has been extremely difficult for me and his mother to cope with this roller coaster ride we have been on. It just seems that there has never been any relief it's been a constant struggle for all of us. I want to believe that my son is in a better place which I feel he is because I have witnessed first-hand the pain he has endured through all of this, and to not see him struggle and hate himself because of how things turned out for him is a relief for his mother, myself, and most of all, for my son, and I truly believe that.

My hardest hurdle to get over is that I will never see my son again, I will never talk to him about life and go forward with his desire to go into business, I will never again watch sports with him or go out to dinner, we will never go to pool tournaments together again, and we will never embrace one another again and kiss on the lips, never again.

I don't know what life has in store for me going forward, I just hope that I can find the strength to cope with it, whatever it is.

Thank you for your kind words, you are one of the good ones on this earth, you seem to be always there when someone's in need of support. Tell Keith, my friend, I said hello, and both of you take care of one another. God bless you both.

Bill Incardona