PPV - May 26-29th EFREN!! - Buffalos Professional One Pocket $2000 Entry $6000 Added

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Evan may not be super gifted but he's been playing 1P since he was a kid. He can definitely beat some of those guys in a race to five. I watched him beat John Smchidt in 9 ball 7-0.
There's no question that he's a good rotation game player. He could possibly play anyone. But he has a way to go in 1P. I watched him playing Jamie Farrel for 6-8 games, and Jamie came out ahead. You could tell that Evan has the tools: excellent stroke, deadly ball pocketer. But it was obvious that Jamie was the superior one pocket mover and manager. Jamie spent quite awhile up in Chicago years back, learning from Freddie and that crew. That's what Even ought to do in order to advance his game.

I might bet on Evan if he and Jamie played 9-ball. But in one-pocket, he's going to be the weakest player in the Buffalos' tourny field. (Now watch him snap it off..:D)

~Doc

keoneyo

Verified Member
Tony Chohan over Alex P 5/4
Already worth the price of the whole pass.
Fabulous game.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
1st Round matches are over 1st match tomorrow is noon central

Now we have live action from the Big Easy

Scott Frost vs Randy Whelan 15-5 handicap race to 5 for $5,000

Capture.JPG

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
first round results

first round results

Scott beat Josh 5-2 or 5-3

Danny beat Jeremy -- I think 5-3

Tony beat Alex hill-hill -- hope a lot of you saw it

Efren beat Chris 5-2 or 5-3

Dennis beat Evan

Corey beat Jamie 5-1

Justin beat Jason after Jay-bird ran 8-out the first two games (so I heard but didn't see it.)

Cliff beat Richie, hill-hill. In the final game Cliff got out front 7-0 after Richie let the corner ball out on his break which Cliff cut in and ran 5. Richie came back in a long mostly-up-table duel (not Deuel) to 5 balls, but missing shape that he played for the sixth -- he ran the CB 5 feet and needed 5' 2" for shape or 4' 9'' safe -- he hooked himself so he couldn't get to a ball by Cliff's hole and couldn't find a way out of the trap he set for himself.

Matches on both winners and one loss sides at noon and 5 pm.

My prediction for the first stream at noon is Reyes/Orcullo, but I haven't heard.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Fireman KC finally showed up, but no troutman, Doc or the pilot.

If any 1P org members are here and we haven't met, I'd appreciate it if you'd look me up. I'm the handsome, athletic, 24-year-old with an intelligent look on his face, but I'm incognito so you can look for my grandfather, a skinny, ugly old bastard with a dumbass look on his face and a baseball cap on his head (probably with sunglasses stuck on the top of it sitting, at a tall table about even with the foot spot on table 1.) ;)

Hey Terry, you must be here to have those pics. Find me so I can brag about you keeping us informed about all these top-shelf events.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Stream will resume @ noon central.

1st match on stream table is (The Magician) Efren Reyes vs (Robocop) Dennis Orcollo

Should be a fantastic match from two of the worlds best players.

Billy Incardona and Scott Rabon on commentary.

Get your PPV Pass @ www.poolactiontv.com

chesters_one_pocket_challenge Online smaller.jpg

help desk.JPG

jj-s-gif.gif

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
wow on the calcutta numbers indeed!!

Did Alex play bad or Tony play extra good? Did Tony out move Alex, pocket balls better?

Thanks for the update guys!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

If any 1P org members are here and we haven't met, I'd appreciate it if you'd look me up. I'm the handsome, athletic, 24-year-old with an intelligent look on his face, but I'm incognito so you can look for my grandfather, a skinny, ugly old bastard with a dumbass look on his face and a baseball cap on his head (probably with sunglasses stuck on the top of it sitting, at a tall table about even with the foot spot on table 1.) ;)

Hey Terry, you must be here to have those pics. Find me so I can brag about you keeping us informed about all these top-shelf events.

You lucky rascal, you got the best of the draw.... Your guys are in different tiers in the bracket, mine are playing each other tomorrow:heh:frus. Oh well, at least one of em will advance... Wish I could be there to drink a few brewski's with ya. :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Hey, I was there earlier. I played Evan, then RR. Now I'm broke:(

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey, I was there earlier. I played Evan, then RR. Now I'm broke:(

Sorry to hear it!

If you don't mind me asking, how do you play both of them? Were there any spots involved in either? I would assume RR plays better than Evan but I have not see Evan play before.

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
Enjoyed the first match, really looking forward to todays matches, but I will slip out for a few hours of playing. Stream was pretty good just a few minor freezes.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
You lucky rascal, you got the best of the draw.... Your guys are in different tiers in the bracket, mine are playing each other tomorrow:heh:frus.

Oh well, at least one of em will advance...

Overall, besides my bidness witchu, I have Smith, Chohan, Orcollo and Efren, so I have the same problem on the Dennis/Efren match that you have on Danny/Corey. I got lucky by not getting a bet on I wanted on JJ. Then he drew one of my other guys in the first round and lost.

The good news is all my guys won, and Tony got past his biggest hurdle in the first round.
Wish I could be there to drink a few brewski's with ya. :)

Me too! I can name about 40 1P org guys real fast that I wish were here, and if you gave me time I could name 100. Only problem is, if one more spectator shows up, we'll have to open the ceiling and put him/her in the balcony. :heh

Found out last night that Buffalo plans to move this year to a place about 50% bigger. Woo hoo!

Has anyone reported that Scott gave Randy (Whalen/Whelan/Whalan?sp?) 15/5, race to 5 for 5 tamales? I had to sleep before they finished so.....?

It was funny watching Scott/Randy "negotiate" the bet, about as different from what we usually see as you could imagine. Randy was already on the table hitting balls, and Scott came up, put his water on the side table, took his cue out of the case and started putting it together. He then looks up at Randy and said, "What's the game?" Randy says, "15-5." Scott nods, and I think what he said next was "Five for five?" Randy nods and "negotiation" is over. (And 5 tamales ain't five tacos.)

Oh, I see now that Truck streamed part of this match... I should be asking you guys how it came out.

Last edited: