GOMEZ VS COMPTON December 10th-11th & 12th

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Looks like the stream just came up! yay

Sorry, spoke to fast. Still having problems and will keep the live stream going on their facebook page

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
17-10 Chip? Chip's on his 3rd beer :)

The quality of the stream is not as good, but I have the sound muted listening to assorted Jethro Tull and John Mayall and I have to say it's very relaxing. And, it's cool to see the whole room, brings back memories of the 2018 Seniors event I attended.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
That's one tough Diamond at Bogies. Especially with worn cloth. Doc mentioned that it took 12 hours to play 15 games and I'm not supprised at all. That table is located by the restrooms and Henderson also mentioned that there's a lot of traffic around that table and he's right. When we have played the Seniprs Events at Bogies they never put any of us old geezers on that table and for good reason. Lots of moving going on here and if that's the case then Chip is definitely in the match. On a Gold Crown the match might be different.
I played every old geezer that came with striking range on that Red Label table:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Somebody reported it was over and it was The Wood Chipper 24-13... Can this possibly be true?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
This match just reinforces what we have seen in the last twelve months from Chip Compton. In his last four matches, he dominated Scott Frost in a long ahead set, he played a competitive match against Tony Chohan, and he dominated Gomez first on a neutral site, then on his home table. We have to believe that Chip may be the second best American player right now. Would love to see him play SVB or Deuel. Justin Hall may be game as well.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
At our last in 2019, Buffalo's Pro Classic, Chips Calcutta stock was below Danny Smith, Corey Deuel, Scott Frost, Josh Roberts, and Jason Brown. This year, I expect him to come in right behind Bustamante and Chohan, around fifth in the bidding. That's how far his stock has risen this year. Great shooting and I am a believer.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This match just reinforces what we have seen in the last twelve months from Chip Compton. In his last four matches, he dominated Scott Frost in a long ahead set, he played a competitive match against Tony Chohan, and he dominated Gomez first on a neutral site, then on his home table. We have to believe that Chip may be the second best American player right now. Would love to see him play SVB or Deuel. Justin Hall may be game as well.
Yep, I would like to see a Chip VS SVB or maybe Deuel. If Chip wins, I would like to see him play Frost again now that Frost looks more like "Frost" like in the Chohan match than he looked when he played Chip earlier.

baby huey

Verified Member
One Pocket is the only game I know where when you get broken down, you cannot overcome it. Chip broke Gomez down big time. Just playing the right shot inning after inning and leaving that cueball on the rail hour after hour will do the trick. The only player I know who withstands that kind of play is Alex. He just executes what his opponent does but better. As far as the intentional scratches go, I just hope that betting your money counts more than what watchers want to see. Tournaments need the three foul rule but gambling is a different story.