GOMEZ VS COMPTON December 10th-11th & 12th

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Wow. 12 hours to play 15 games. Is Gomez slower than Dennis O.?
Didn't seem slow, just long grueling games. The no three foul rule was used by Chip to make several large come backs so it seemed he was never really out of any game. I didn't start watching until around 10 but still watched 7 hrs...lol. The way he ground down Roberto was classic one pocket. It seemed like Chip was playing from 4 balls behind every game but moved the balls up table anyway and ground out every game frustrating Gomez. Sellout shots and banks became tougher as the players got tired with Chip making less errors the longer the match went on. In my opinion the no three foul rule is a clear advantage for the more experienced Chip. Very enjoyable match so far. Sylver did a nice job in the booth too.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I went up to watch and called it a night around 1215.
I asked the bartender what time they were closing when i paid my tab and he said they should be finished up by two.
Laughed all the way out the door.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I spoke to Larry Schwartz before the match began and we talked about the player that had the edge, I said that commonly the player that won the first challenge match would go on to win the next time they played. However, Gomez was steadily improving from the first time they played and he would be tough to beat but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chip would beat him again. The first three games of the match clearly appeared that Gomez was the dominant player, he was playing very solid one pocket and his ball-striking skills were at a very high level and it looked like at that time that he was going to win easily. You have to give Chip the respect that he has earned not only winning the first match but also coming from behind to take the lead after day one. Gomez will be under a lot of pressure going into day two and he must start quickly or Chip could blow him out.

Dr. Bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Great post, very accurate description of the match so far.

Really Great match so far imo

Would like to have watched the entire match, Bought the 24.95 pass and watched until it was tied at 4/4 and could not watch the rest.... Have no idea what happened, but could never get the match back on... I even tried the loop today and it still ends at 4/4. Frustrating!

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
That's one tough Diamond at Bogies. Especially with worn cloth. Doc mentioned that it took 12 hours to play 15 games and I'm not supprised at all. That table is located by the restrooms and Henderson also mentioned that there's a lot of traffic around that table and he's right. When we have played the Seniprs Events at Bogies they never put any of us old geezers on that table and for good reason. Lots of moving going on here and if that's the case then Chip is definitely in the match. On a Gold Crown the match might be different.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Would like to have watched the entire match, Bought the 24.95 pass and watched until it was tied at 4/4 and could not watch the rest.... Have no idea what happened, but could never get the match back on... I even tried the loop today and it still ends at 4/4. Frustrating!
Jeff it's looping right now at 5-4. you can pick up close to where you left off. i don't remember how long that game 9 was but it seemed like it went forever.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
A couple of observations. First, this is a paid stream. The players agreed to play for the stream and are being paid to do so. The three foul rule is in play so that we don't have these kinds of long games. They are not entertaining. As long as they ignore the three foul rule, every game is going to be a long, up table game. If they want to gamble with no three foul rule, don't stream it. I love one pocket and even I couldn't stand it and had to give it up after about 7 hours. That's the first observation. I understand Chip is trying to break Roberto down, but it is not watchable. Too long. Enforce the three foul rule for all streams.

Second, the long breaks are unprofessional. Budget for the breaks and let everyone know what the rules are. You can take a break between games for five minutes, but you are allowed only one five minute break per game or per thirty minutes, or a bathroom break anytime needed. A dinner break of twenty minutes will occur after X number of games completed. No unannounced breaks. No long breaks. No multiple breaks per game for a player. Unprofessional. I don't care what the break schedule turns out to be, but make it standard and enforce it. The players complain that they don't make any money. Step one of becoming more marketable is make your match more watchable. Long, repeated unscheduled breaks make the match less watchable and fewer people will pay to see it.

My two cents.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Not sure what your issue could be the stream was great all night & replay is working great now.

But that's why we have a technical support guy and he's really good at solving any issues.

Get with Jason and have him help you out.

I don’t do Facebook, but I did message poolaction tv and received no reply. I was just watching the match ( game 10 ) and it blanked out again saying this stream is currently not available.... which is what it said last night also... like I said before, it’s frustrating...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Call him on the phone his number is on that picture

Sounds like it might be your internet connection maybe or the device you are using.

You said you messaged us where ?

Helpdesk e-mail helpdeskpatv@gmail.com
Who knows about these things? I was able to watch the loop flawlessly after relogging on a couple of times. Clear picture... good match. But damn it’s slow...

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
A couple of observations. First, this is a paid stream. The players agreed to play for the stream and are being paid to do so. The three foul rule is in play so that we don't have these kinds of long games. They are not entertaining. As long as they ignore the three foul rule, every game is going to be a long, up table game. If they want to gamble with no three foul rule, don't stream it. I love one pocket and even I couldn't stand it and had to give it up after about 7 hours. That's the first observation. I understand Chip is trying to break Roberto down, but it is not watchable. Too long. Enforce the three foul rule for all streams.

Second, the long breaks are unprofessional. Budget for the breaks and let everyone know what the rules are. You can take a break between games for five minutes, but you are allowed only one five minute break per game or per thirty minutes, or a bathroom break anytime needed. A dinner break of twenty minutes will occur after X number of games completed. No unannounced breaks. No long breaks. No multiple breaks per game for a player. Unprofessional. I don't care what the break schedule turns out to be, but make it standard and enforce it. The players complain that they don't make any money. Step one of becoming more marketable is make your match more watchable. Long, repeated unscheduled breaks make the match less watchable and fewer people will pay to see it.

My two cents.
I completely agree with you. This is not watcher friendly. Actually kind of brutal. Thank God DOUBLE J is doing the commentary. I hope Ray post that there is no three foul rule next time. Save me some aggravation. 2020 been bad enough

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I will never buy another stream where there is no three foul rule. Guy makes a great shot and his opponent just taps five times. Ridiculous.