Senior one pocket tournament this year

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Could get a hold of Evelyn Dysart, she may be of help.

I friended Evelyn Dysart on FB 1-25, if anyone knows about a Midwest location it's her. I'll let yah all know.
Better yet, I'm be working with Dan Tull/Shooters Olathe KS....and we'll just have the Crabbster be our TD. :)
What I'd like too find out from us is....when do we want to hold it,? Is it just a Sr. event, or the open event?.... and go from there. I'm assuming we want the tables Fri, Sat and Sun....correct. Some basic logistics is all that's needed.

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
The Seniors event is pretty special IMO. It provides a great opportunity to be competitive in our GOLDEN YEARS. Love them Golden Years. Even the Pilot wants to be a senior citizen.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I think that we are all happy and delighted that Bogie's has promoted their Senior tournaments over the past few years.

Ownership and mgmt. just love the seniors. Where else can you get a big break on your pool time, get money added and

the last 3 tourneys brought in food for the players - good food. Rizzo and company put on a great tourney and they have got my

loyalty and attendance every time. LOTS of action, also.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
We could have it there next year, or have our open event there.... just tossing out ideas.
Like many have mentioned in other posts, it's nice to move it around.
I truly enjoyed the event in N. Cal. Great room and owner.
As you know newk, there's no more central room location in the US than Shooters.
Many of us can drive and not have to do the airport/parking/thingy.
This location could/would increase player numbers and 2022 is not that far off.
But the added monie$ have allot of say with pool player$.

Just tossing out ideas is all, I'll go/fly where ever till the money runs out.
These 3 rooms have the best room owners/hospitality.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
So are we going to set a date, hopefully when its NOT raining. :eek:
Was amazed when that rain came down, it was dark at 6:30 am to the airport, in a DoWnPour with Crows flying, they got rousted outta their dry spot.
Luckily we had an air traffic controller in our car. :)
Hopefully Rousey will show, JIC it rains. :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Bill, The Seniors Tournament in Houston is not a onepocket.org event. Not the MOT. I agree with you about Dan and Shooters in

Olathe. I have been to 4 of Evelyn and Dannys' events (many years ago) at Shooters. Plenty of action, good food and great equipment.

I would definitely go there for a MOT. But, for the Seniors only, Bogies tourney, they started it and support it. It is a great venue and has a lot of player support. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot - as the pro players have done so often in the past.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I just talked with Rizzo at Bogies East, the location it’s been held at for the past few years...
John and Cody are on board with having it this year, but circumstances may prevent it happening...
Right now Bogies is operating under a 50% occupancy rule, and if that’s not relaxed by September
then the seniors will more than likely not take place at Bogies this years... of course they want to keep it...
John said it was a pleasure and an honor being able to host it... We are in difficult times today, and no one knows
with any degree of certainty when this virus will be under containment... Reeking its merciless havoc especially hard
On the older population, it particularly concerns John and Cody, so that will also be a factor in the final decision...

Just know that if it’s possible, Bogies will happily be the host to another great Seniors One pocket Championship...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Newk, if Rizzo is there, I'm always in LOL. The only man I ever saw outbid his own bid to buy em-self in the calcutta. Good times. I have no intentions of changing it, just offering up other ideas, JIC.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I just talked with Rizzo at Bogies East, the location it’s been held at for the past few years...
John and Cody are on board with having it this year, but circumstances may prevent it happening...
Right now Bogies is operating under a 50% occupancy rule, and if that’s not relaxed by September
then the seniors will more than likely not take place at Bogies this years... of course they want to keep it...
John said it was a pleasure and an honor being able to host it... We are in difficult times today, and no one knows
with any degree of certainty when this virus will be under containment... Reeking its merciless havoc especially hard
On the older population, it particularly concerns John and Cody, so that will also be a factor in the final decision...

Just know that if it’s possible, Bogies will happily be the host to another great Seniors One pocket Championship...
Make sure they all know how much they are appreciated. Thanks for the update.

How are you feeling, Jeff?