Senior one pocket tournament this year

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Yes, of course I got what tournament is the point of discussion.

OK, so they started it up. Kudos. And now it may be time to move it around. It's a good concept and I believe it should be more easily accessible to members in other parts of the country. Remember, we're talking about the old farts and getting those walkers with the tennis balls on the front legs is not so easy.

Lou Figueroa
It’s Bogies Senior 1P tournament, not a onepocket. Org tournament. However that doesn’t mean Steve can’t set up a 1P.org senior tournament and move it around every year.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
It’s Bogies Senior 1P tournament, not a onepocket. Org tournament. However that doesn’t mean Steve can’t set up a 1P.org senior tournament and move it around every year.

oh, well that would change things.

It sounded as though it was directly affiliated with onepocket.org.

Lou Figueroa
nevermind

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It has never been a OPOrg event. I used the OPOrg streaming platform to try to get interest but Hendy had a lot to do with getting the first ones going. I just volunteered to stream them for him. Steve has a pool room. Where? I know Chris would love to do it. For a smaller tournament, like the West Coast, Fast Eddys in Santa Cruz is also interested.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Yes, of course I got what tournament is the point of discussion.

OK, so they started it up. Kudos. And now it may be time to move it around. It's a good concept and I believe it should be more easily accessible to members in other parts of the country. Remember, we're talking about the old farts and getting those walkers with the tennis balls on the front legs is not so easy.

Lou Figueroa
Why don’t you host it?

Reactions: lll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
oh, well that would change things.

It sounded as though it was directly affiliated with onepocket.org.

Lou Figueroa
nevermind
We have a lot of members here that qualify, and we were very supportive in every way -- except the added money; that was Bogies -- but this one really is Bogies event.

My question would be, would there be enough support somewhere else for another one, without undercutting what a wonderful event Bogies has been, and hopefully will continue to be?

There is probably a 30% or 40% or maybe more overlap in players with MOT also, which does move around.

Reactions: lll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I wouldn't have a problem with organizing an event but we don't have a venue in STL with enough tables to accommodate a 1pocket tournament.

Lou Figueroa
How about if you draw a bigger circle? The closest we have been to St Louis would be I believe Chicago, so we have missed a whole lot of the central part of the country. I definitely like seeing the MOT move around!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Bogies did it first
bogies added money
its not a onepocket.org event
and you /we (onepocket.org members) want to tell them they cant do it?????????
you cannot be serious
jmho
icbw
if some room wants to hold a .onepocket tournament and limit it to seniors
go for it 😀👍

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'm still 16 yrs away before I can start playing in it but definitely looking forward to it some day! Just my 2 cents but I agree that the Senior Tourney is a Bogies tradition and if and when the day comes where they don't want to host it anymore, I am sure there will be other rooms that will want to pick it up! As stated previously, we have our MOTs that move around to different locations and I hope we always do! Can't wait to connect again and play some one pocket!!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
How about if you draw a bigger circle? The closest we have been to St Louis would be I believe Chicago, so we have missed a whole lot of the central part of the country. I definitely like seeing the MOT move around!

I am not aware of any room around theseaparts that would work.

Lou Figueroa

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Who says that we would be limited to only 1 Senor One Pocket tournament a year. I'm sure other rooms could host similar events which would be supported by onepocket.org members.

baby huey

Verified Member
The venues at Bogies and CBC Fremont are both great. They both add money and SZZR mentioned Fast Eddies in Santa Cruz but is money added at that venue?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Could get a hold of Evelyn Dysart, she may be of help.
I think if there was someone in that area that wanted to organize that it might work, but that would not be me.

Lou Figueroa
4.5 hours away
I friended Evelyn Dysart on FB 1-25, if anyone knows about a Midwest location it's her. I'll let yah all know.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The venues at Bogies and CBC Fremont are both great. They both add money and SZZR mentioned Fast Eddies in Santa Cruz but is money added at that venue?
That’s Mr SZZR to you. I will make sure there is added money if it is at Fast Eddys. Five K ENOUGH? scrzbill is short for Santa Cruz Bill. Mr Scrzbill to you.