S. Ochoa vs. R. Martinez

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is the end of game 1 for those of you who asked for it. Martinez needs 2 balls from here and Ochoa needs 1. It's RM's shot.

View attachment 3154

Allright Blabbermouth,

Now you've ruined it for poor Larry (lll)...He wanted to go through the entire DVD, shot by shot, before exposing the end of the game...:rolleyes:

PS...Bless you my son... I could not have lived thru it all...:eek: (Sorry Larry)

PPS...Can't you see how excited the "huge" audience is, over the game...:cool:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Allright Blabbermouth,

Now you've ruined it for poor Larry (lll)...He wanted to go through the entire DVD, shot by shot, before exposing the end of the game...:rolleyes:

PS...Bless you my son... I could not have lived thru it all...:eek: (Sorry Larry)

I didn't realize that Larry was going through this game shot by shot. Sorry Larry.

P.S. The commentators of the match said there were 200 people watching from around the room, just not always on camera.

Dennis

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Cowboy Dennis said:
I didn't realize that Larry was going through this game shot by shot. Sorry Larry.

P.S. The commentators of the match said there were 200 people watching from around the room, just not always on camera.

Dennis

Almost nothing Rafael ever does surprises me, having watched him pull of remarkable shots (against me and others) time after time.

This one was a little surprising.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
Almost nothing Rafael ever does surprises me, having watched him pull of remarkable shots (against me and others) time after time.

This one was a little surprising.

Are you gonna tell me that Rafael actually makes the twice-straight-back on the 3ball and also 3-rail-billiards in the striped ball, for a shot at the then spotted ball to win the game?..:eek:..if he did that, that's as strong as it gets...:cool:

- Ghost

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Are you gonna tell me that Rafael actually makes the twice-straight-back on the 3ball and also 3-rail-billiards in the striped ball, for a shot at the then spotted ball to win the game?..:eek:..if he did that, that's as strong as it gets...:cool:

- Ghost

You were there and must have been watching. But that is not what he shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
no i think its a 5 railer:eek:
rafa1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
You're kidding, right?

Steve <---- hasn't watched the dvd yet and missed it live, too
yes steve im kidding
ive heard mention of a 5 railer by rafael sometime in the match so i thought id bring it up now:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
You were there and must have been watching. But that is not what he shot.

No, I didn't see any of that match...I must have either been out of the room, or across the room playing/gambling.

- Ghost

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
One Pocket Ghost said:
No, I didn't see any of that match...I must have either been out of the room, or across the room playing/gambling.

- Ghost

I was commentating this one and we had over five hundred on line and most of the room was watching at one time or another. Ghost, the two rail bank and kick in the hanger would be something I would shoot. RM after fighting back from a minus three in this game, shot the.................

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Looks like to me that the 5 railer in not an option, knowing R.M. as well as I think I do i'm leaning with the cross corner bank on the 3 ball and spin two cushions pocketing the stripe. The two rail bank shot , the one that Ghost chose is certainly not out of the question. Either shot would be very difficult to execute, but if any one could pull it off it would be R.M.

Providing he was mentally tough enough.;)

Billy I.

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
This isn't my thread to say what he did, and I just watched the dvd the other day, but... I will say this: RM is full of surprises... seems to be the type player that is really dangerous - unpredictable and loaded with firepower.

Which probably is what is keeping him from winning the big tournaments. :(

Regardless, I really enjoy watching him play. :)

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
SJDinPHX said:

Yeah I noticed that as well, its just not possible to build a stadium big enough to fit all the one hole fans in at the same time. My God the $$$ from the gate there alone must be enough to buy several small countries alone. There isnt a game with a bigger draw than one pocket. :eek:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
The funny part is what people did not see,the rail is so big there at CBC that most people were out of view of the camera, I would say around that time of the match there were around 200 people in the room and 50 on the rail watching this match, the other people were watching the main playing area where you can sweat many matches at one time.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, now that we have that five-railer out of the way, I think Rafael spins in the cross corner and swings the cue ball two rails to knock in the last ball up underneath where he is standing -- which spots right away in this case, and Rafael gets a free swing at game ball!

Steve <-- still hasn't watched the DVD, but it is getting tougher to hold off, lol.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-06-02_21-52-36.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-06-02_21-52-36.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Fast Lenny said:
The funny part is what people did not see,the rail is so big there at CBC that most people were out of view of the camera, I would say around that time of the match there were around 200 people in the room and 50 on the rail watching this match, the other people were watching the main playing area where you can sweat many matches at one time.

This match was in the early afternoon PST Many of the spectators had set seats either on the rail where the streaming took place or on the sides. The tables you see in the background filled up later in the day. CBC had plenty of room for all the players and a horde of spectators. Does anyone believe that 48 top one pocket players with many of them world champions would not draw a huge crowd. Look at the DCC in Podunk, Indiana. It's in the middle of KKK country, three miles from the closet hick town, and the placed is filled every year. CBC is in the middle of heavily population N California silicon valley and the San Francisco peninsula. There were plenty of people there and those of you who couldn't make it, will be coming next year or the year after for more great one pocket.