Southaven Recreation Center
987 Town and Country Drive
Southaven, MS 38671

Dates/Schedule
Thursday, November 4 – Sunday, November 7

Thursday Evening – Open One Ball One Pocket Mini

Friday Noon through Sunday – OnePocket.org MOT

Information
Todd Williams and/or Andy Warren will post specific information (streaming, added funds, house rules, calcutta, tourney director, Saturday and Sunday start times, one ball one pocket mini particulars, local amenities, etc.) in this thread

Eligibility/Alternate List
Steve Booth will make all calls regarding suspect MOT eligibility and/or post basic requirements in this thread

If necessary, an Alternate List will be developed on a “first come, first served” basis and posted in this thread

MOT Entries
$125

Please pay in full upon entry

PayPal: dsfmiller@yahoo.com
Thanks you sir Matt

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
15 posts today and 6 last week. calcutta would have been real interesting. tournament would have been real interesting.

i'm out of pocket for a few days. will update entry list this weekend.
I have to agree Miller. It really is a bit of a let down before this event IMO. Didn’t Steve set up a “Tournament committee” or something? Was a late pro non-member entry discussed at all by them?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ike is a member, and by the way a senior too -- in fact I drew him at one of the senior events. I lost but I gave him a pretty good fight as I remember it. He's vulnerable to lose like anybody else. We have pretty damn good players throughout our membership. Some are still young and improving, and some are at the other side of the curve.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Ike is a member, and by the way a senior too -- in fact I drew him at one of the senior events. I lost but I gave him a pretty good fight as I remember it. He's vulnerable to lose like anybody else. We have pretty damn good players throughout our membership. Some are still young and improving, and some are at the other side of the curve.
All true, but I didn't realize that Ike was not a 'verified member' until this discussion started. And he's not local.

I'll be there regardless but it is cause for a pause.

Interesting, after my post Ike was upgraded to 'active member'. Never knew that was a thing 🤣😂

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ike actually joined onepocket.org in 2005. His email changed and he lost track of his log in information and so he rejoined more recently. I just "merged" the original Ike with the current one, which increased his posts in case somebody is wondering why his posts increased. That is why. I verify manually, and I will also verify Ike -- I absolutely know that the person posting under his name is Ike. I know Ike myself, and he has enough posts to qualify for verified as well as qualifying for any of our MOT's. Please welcome fellow soon to be verified member Ike Runnels. It's really OK.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ike is not the only recently added player that was recently verified -- and maybe even recently only reached 20 posts. It is really OK.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I would have hoped that as a professional verified member he would have contributed to a WWYD or given some of his expert insight into the game. It appears he is only commenting on a few posts recently in order to qualify for a highly regarded and respected member tournament.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I would have hoped that as a professional verified member he would have contributed to a WWYD or given some of his expert insight into the game. It appears he is only commenting on a few posts recently in order to qualify for a highly regarded and respected member tournament.
I believe he is interested in getting more involved, including the WWYD's. I hear you and Ike played a little one ball variety today, in fact. I see Ike as somebody we want to welcome here, and yes, we also want him to contribute because he has a lot of knowledge and experience that would be a good add. We all have to start somewhere -- how about we start with a little warmer welcome and see what comes of it with Ike? We've had other strong players, including pro level, who join and then we don't get any posts at all. At least Ike has broken the ice -- we know he knows how to log in and post -- that's a start.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Interesting, after my post Ike was upgraded to 'active member'. Never knew that was a thing 🤣
I only control original membership approval and the Verified level -- well I also control the "Banned" level, but let's not go there lol. Both of those I do manually, even though when you first join the process is automatic, the actual approval to become a member here is a manual step by me to limit spam and keep the forums "on topic". The forum software itself has some other levels that I do not control at all -- and apparently one of them is "Active" lol. If you read above, I did merge Ike's original 2005 membership with his more recent one. That is pretty common that someone forgets their log in or they change their email and time lapses, so they simply rejoin under a new name. I merge those whenever I become aware of them, and I just did that today with Ike's.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I only control original membership approval and the Verified level -- well I also control the "Banned" level, but let's not go there lol. Both of those I do manually, even though when you first join the process is automatic, the actual approval to become a member here is a manual step by me to limit spam and keep the forums "on topic". The forum software itself has some other levels that I do not control at all -- and apparently one of them is "Active" lol. If you read above, I did merge Ike's original 2005 membership with his more recent one. That is pretty common that someone forgets their log in or they change their email and time lapses, so they simply rejoin under a new name. I merge those whenever I become aware of them, and I just did that today with Ike's.
I just sent you a text.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Allowing Ike Runnels into this MOT is total BS.

As I have said in the past, these events should be for members that regularly parlay online so they can put faces, games, and personalities to online handles. It is for fun and bragging rights amongst regular members. It is to enhance camaraderie and maybe make us all get along a little bit better.

But letting Ike in is fundamentally wrong -- letting a pro level player, who is not a regular discussion participant, into our member's event makes us suckers. Let's be clear: IR is getting into this event to steal the monies and there is no way around that. He has not participated on the group to any significant degree and it is highly unlikely he will ever participate at a prolonged level. He sees a group of amateurs ponying up their entry fees and is eyeing a soft payday.

I have gambled with and played Ike many times and even beat him once in a tournament here in STL. But that does not change my opinion that it is way out of line to allow him to play in Memphis or any other onepocket.org event. If I go to the DCC or US Open or even an open event up in Chicago at Red Shoes, that's totally different and I expect players like Ike, or Piggy, or Bobby Hunter, or Jeff Carter to participate. But his entry to this event is total BS.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
This is going to affect future tourneys IMO…might be an end of an era for some…as they say fool me once shame on you…if we’re opening our tourneys up for pros - that’ll be the first question every time now…or will we start Fargo’ing perhaps…I burned my final 3 vac days of the year planning on playing in a tourney among “peers”…just saying

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I like Ike, and good for him playing all over the country to make his living, but IMO, you are handing him the money here. If he decided to join early, many of the players who have made arrangements to play, would have passed on this event.

It is not only that he is a much better player, but his style is an effective grind that is not fun to play against. The bottom line is he is coming for the $$, not the camaraderie.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX