2021 MOT MEMPHIS SIGN UP

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
About the Ike thing. I thought it was settled, Steve posted, "Please welcome fellow soon to be verified member Ike Runnels. It's really OK."

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Maybe something we need to think about is getting MOT eligibility requirements in stone so there is never a dispute like this in the future. We can always just refer back to "here are the requirements". you either meet them or you don't. Currently, here is the page that spells it out and it's very vague so we need to work on that.

And as much as I like having new members join us, maybe we need to make the eligibility a bit more rigid. For example. one can't play in a MOT until they have been a member on the board with 6 months of active posting. Maybe that means at least 1 post a week or more, or less, whatever the group feels is reasonable. If we use post count alone, then anyone can come in the week before the tournament and post like 20 times per day for 5 days and they have 100 posts and would "qualify". But I think we need to have some sort of longevity clause in there so that their posts are spread out over months to prove they are actually contributing to the site and not just inflating their post count to hit the number they need.

Thoughts?
Here is a quote from Steve's post on February 15th 2020 before the cancelled MOT scheduled to be played at Chris's. As you can see, requirements had been talked about and created to play in our event:

"Qualifications -- you must be a member here in our onepocket.org forums, with a minimum of 20 posts here in our forums prior to May 5th to be assured of eligibility. We MAY make some exceptions to fill the field as we have in prior MOT's, but we MAY NOT."

Was the MOT scheduled for 1st weekend in June? If so, it's clear that it was decided (after a lot of discussion) members must be verified at least 30 days before the event. Why this was not included in the write-up Chris noted I have no idea. This was in Steve's post #1 regarding the announcement of the 2020 MOT. I like that the write-up Chris mentioned included starting a thread or 2 as well.

I agree with Chris that if pros are 'verified members' and really participate in the forums adding value, they are more than welcome to play in our MOT. But I'm against pros sneaking in at the last moment as in this case.

See everyone soon!

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
If someone truly participated in the forums and was “one of the guys” I doubt anyone would object to someone participating.

But replying to oneself multiple times about nonsense is a flagrant move than indicates intentions pretty clearly.

if it was a matter of equal skill we’d probably be ok with filling the field, but that’s just not the case.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Wow! Rodert you’ll do anything to get out of coming to my seminar.
seriously though hope you’re ok and get well soon Buddy
We will miss y’all~
Mike, I wish that I could give you some action. Sorry to say I cannot play. I have been in hospital for 9 days.

Jim, Paula was really looking forward to running around with Kathy. I waited till last minute because I really hate to miss MOT.

Dustin, add my entry to prize fund.
No worries Robert..I know you would play. Get yourself healed up and there will be another time. I can always count on good competition and gamesmanship with you.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Mike, I wish that I could give you some action. Sorry to say I cannot play. I have been in hospital for 9 days.

Jim, Paula was really looking forward to running around with Kathy. I waited till last minute because I really hate to miss MOT.

Dustin, add my entry to prize fund.
Robert I just saw this post. I hope that you are on the mend and looking forward to seeing you at the next event.

Get well soon my friend.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I might be driving up Wednesday looking for an adventure. Thinking about hitting the Green Room in Jackson or the Rack in Memphis.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I might be driving up Wednesday looking for an adventure. Thinking about hitting the Green Room in Jackson or the Rack in Memphis.
Have you been to either of those rooms before?? How do they compare to High Pockets? I might be looking for adventure on Wednesday as well.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I haven’t been to High Pockets in over 20 years. The pic of the rack had a Diamond table. That’s about all I know

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Have you been to either of those rooms before?? How do they compare to High Pockets? I might be looking for adventure on Wednesday as well.
I drive right by the Green Room so I’ll have to check it out. If there’s no action, I’ll keep driving and give you a call.

RabbiHippie

Verified Member
The Rack in Memphis is one of my favorite practice rooms because it's 24 hours and there are nice Diamonds isolated in the back. Also a heated 3-cushion table. It's safe inside but exceptionally dangerous in the parking lot. The action room in Memphis is Highpockets which I like less because they have Gold Crown 1's with the ashtrays built into the pockets - the tables play great but boy do they use those ashtrays! It's the only place where I saw someone behind the grill with cooking with a cigarette in her mouth. There's a snooker table in a private room for golf that's invitation only and I didn't see it but I gather it's high stakes..
Still glad I went.

Professor Qball (Paul Frankel) practices 3-cushion at The Rack on Sundays. Or at least he did when I met him. I heard something about him having a fall at the Nationals and hope he's recovered and still playing.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
The Rack in Memphis is one of my favorite practice rooms because it's 24 hours and there are nice Diamonds isolated in the back. Also a heated 3-cushion table. It's safe inside but exceptionally dangerous in the parking lot. The action room in Memphis is Highpockets which I like less because they have Gold Crown 1's with the ashtrays built into the pockets - the tables play great but boy do they use those ashtrays! It's the only place where I saw someone behind the grill with cooking with a cigarette in her mouth. There's a snooker table in a private room for golf that's invitation only and I didn't see it but I gather it's high stakes..
Still glad I went.

Professor Qball (Paul Frankel) practices 3-cushion at The Rack on Sundays. Or at least he did when I met him. I heard something about him having a fall at the Nationals and hope he's recovered and still playing.
Spot On!
I don’t get out to HP or the Rack much but have been many many times
If you guys do venture out to HP inquire about The Pizza Man

chicagomike

Verified Member
Still glad I went.

Thank you for your summary…is the Rack in a rough part of town? I’d rather not be anywhere dangerous.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Rack is a nice place INSIDE outside not so much.
Folks that hang out there and play have always been good folks. You probably know many
World Famous FedEx Johnny Willis is a good example.
but sometimes you can’t vouch for the neighbors.