WWYD - Two top 1p movers battle it out

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Both players are considered top 1p movers. Score is 1 to 1 in games, race to 3. Ball count is -1 to -1 and there's been a lot of pinching and squeezing as each player tries to keep whitey safe and jockey for better position. Also, no shot clock, so lots of creativity and good solid one pocket so far.

What would you do from here? Is it time to go and take a risk or find another move?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 12.59.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 12.59.41 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 12.59.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 12.59.36 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 142

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Thanks for a good puzzle today. In spite of having the best of the pattern here, I am in some trouble and I don't see any clever dodges. I will definitely hit the 9 ball and keep Jojo uptable and close to the 4 ball. I can shoot the 9 into the 6 ball with a bit of speed, or bank it into the 10 off the foot rail. Put him in a bind and check his nerves.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This is a good one. If I have room, I am rolling down softly on the three. Hard to tell unless your at the table.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I like rolling down onto the 3 ball also. If you leave him uptable he could shoot at his hole, although unlikely, but worse he could get an opportunity to put me behind all those balls near my hole, even if he has to pocket a ball for me, not good......

unoperro

Verified Member
Always can take the 2 / 3 rail intenational and leave whitey in front of opponents pocket.

If you are feeling REAL confident there is a 5 rail kick into the 1😉

At least I believe there is mr. 3c can probably quantify?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
As far as I can see there is only one viable shot to play from here. Back cut the nine towards the thirteen with inside follow sending the cue ball multiple side rails and into the middle of the table. It would also be a nice play to over cut the nine sending it the the rail above the thirteen and caroming the nine off the group of balls along the foot rail. Come to think of it, I like that shot best. It has considerably more margin for error. The only issue to be concerned about is the potential scratch in the side. the shot can also be struck with draw. This to me appears to be a no brainer.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Back cutting the 9 looks good in 1 picture , not so doable in the other ?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Simple and easy, good shot

Well thanks, Boss. It looked like a Lion shot to me, and I'm a huge fan of The Lion when he's really stalking prey, like in the Fedor match. That was for blood..( Not the Chohan finale match).. But I really just like doing a diagram, and I'm a bigger fan of the Lioness... Watch Amanda light up some lives.......Outstanding, as Beard would say.....

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
looks like the 5 railer is on for the 9 ball. Shoot it straight ahead with some speed to go 5 rails to your hole and it also has some sideboards. Follow the CB down to the long rail and then rest on the foot rail behind a bunch of blockers.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looks like the 5 railer is on for the 9 ball. Shoot it straight ahead with some speed to go 5 rails to your hole and it also has some sideboards. Follow the CB down to the long rail and then rest on the foot rail behind a bunch of blockers.
chris
i think you moved too many boxes today. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
(it does look doable )

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Another shot I like is elevate and shoot the baby blue stripe into the rail first 13 combo. Draw rock to long rail behind those balls