petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
YOu can follow the posted results from Tunica online here -- by scrolling down to the One Pocket:

http://208.106.220.42/DerbyCity/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/completed.asp

It looks like they are through or partly through round 3 now. I did notice one result that jumped out at me, as Mike Dechaine knocked Danny Harriman out of the tournament:

One result that jumped out at me...was that Scott Frost lost his second round match...and I also saw, that unfortunately like Lou, our Gulfport Doc also went two and out.

- Ghost

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Just looking over the onepocket results and its nice to see some of the "older" players doing so well. Cliff no losses, Ike no losses and Richie 1 loss. they are thru round 5.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Geez, Dechaine has one loss but is still in there. Looks like 121 players in the One Pocket if I counted right.

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Here are the remaining players...

Justin Bergman (0)
Francisco Bustamante (0)
Alex Pagulayan (0)
David Parker (0)
LeeVann Corteza (1)
Mike Dechaine (1)
Corey Deuel (1)
Justin Hall (1)
Dennis Orcollo (1)
Johnathan Pinegar (1)
Efren Reyes (1)
Niels Feijen (1)
Cliff Joyner (1)
Ike Runnels (1)
Huidji See (1)

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Next Matches below... it will be down to 6 after these matches.

Justin Bergman (0) vs Francisco Bustamante (0)
Niels Feijen (1) vs David Parker (1)
Justin Hall (1) vs Corey Deuel (1)
Dennis Orcollo (1) vs Mike Dechaine (1)
Alex Pagulayan (1) vs Johnathan Pinegar (1)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I see in rounds seven and eight that Mike Dechaine beat Orcollo and Pagulayan back-to-back -- I wish I could have seen that. Mike really does not play much One Pocket at all, so he must have been higher than a kite with those wins -- his grin must have just about split his head off, lol :)

Now just three players left -- Bergman the only one without a loss:

Justin Bergman (0)
Francisco Bustamante (1)
Corey Deuel (1)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... Now just three players left -- Bergman the only one without a loss:

Justin Bergman (0)
Francisco Bustamante (1)
Corey Deuel (1)

Well, Bustamante would be the pick of the three, but Bergman has a buy-back, which is huge at this point. And if he should draw the bye in addition, then he'd be tough to beat.

Corey is a great player, but I have to say that I saw him pull some real questionable moves or tactics against Ike. He tried to keep a ball that had fallen into a neutral pocket. Then he tried to call a foul on Ike where there was no possible foul call available. The ref was called over, and in the end subtly belittled Corey for calling a foul in that situation. Corey was just trying to move on Ike.

I'll tell ya, none of these guys are lily white...:rolleyes:

Doc

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Looks like Busty drew the bye. Would be cool to see a rematch of the DCC final with Busty and Duel, but that will be a tall order for both of those players with Bergman on zero losses. I know Busty would love a chance to redeem his poor finals performance against Duel in the DCC final.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
That's depressing. Especially in contrast to the sportsmanship you see from the players of some of the other sports being played. Take tennis and golf as examples.

Personally speaking I enjoy seeing a player who takes the initiative in admitting his errors when no one else has recognized they occurred, especially when it happens during critical situations. That's character I admire and teaches the young to develop some of their own.

I hope that what happened with Cory is some kind of misunderstanding. We haven't heard his side.
I want to believe the best in people, sometimes in spite of the evidence.

Tom

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
The ...

The ...

......weird scenes inside the gold mine are always on the down side when theres not enough to go around which is legion in pool.Not many Bobby Jones types in this game.Honest outlaws are rare all over in the best of times.Ah well,we'll always have Paris Sam........

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Hope springs eternal .....

Hope springs eternal .....

I hope that what happened with Cory is some kind of misunderstanding. We haven't heard his side.
I want to believe the best in people, sometimes in spite of the evidence.

Tom

Really? In spite of the evidence .....

Is the match on media?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
......weird scenes inside the gold mine are always on the down side when theres not enough to go around which is legion in pool.Not many Bobby Jones types in this game.Honest outlaws are rare all over in the best of times.Ah well,we'll always have Paris Sam........

James; I want what You're smoking! :lol:lol:lol

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"