Coming up: Tony vs. Billy 8-7 - who's got the best of it here?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
What kind of table are they playing on? T Rex likes a Brunswick and plays better on them. The shorter race IMO favors T Rex, and playing down south. A good format for him if the table is right.
T Rex IMO is the better OP Banker here. He to me is the best OP Banker in the world at pocket speed.
T Rex is match up tough. He has had a number of these matches, and against tough opponents, so he should be ready.
Billy, I believe has won a couple of DCC OP Events, so he does know the game. I hope he plays well, and both players play well.
Whitey

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like Tony because of his one pocket prowess. I realize Billy is one of best bankers in the world, but Tony is not a slacker at banking either and he knows the game of one pocket better and has played way more of these challenge matches. I have a sweat bet already and I picked Tony, good luck to both players!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
What kind of table are they playing on? T Rex likes a Brunswick and plays better on them. The shorter race IMO favors T Rex, and playing down south. A good format for him if the table is right.
T Rex IMO is the better OP Banker here. He to me is the best OP Banker in the world at pocket speed.
T Rex is also match up tough. He has had a number of these matches, and against tough opponents, so he should be ready.
Billy, I believe has won a couple of DCC OP Events, so he does know the game. I hope he plays well, and both players play well.
Whitey
Maybe in times past he played on GC tables. Tony almost exclusively plays on Diamond tables. Home room, Buffalos has Diamonds, The Rack has Diamonds, Derby, Railyard, and countless other rooms have Diamonds. GC tables are so passé🤣

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Maybe in times past he played on GC tables. Tony almost exclusively plays on Diamond tables. Home room, Buffalos has Diamonds, The Rack has Diamonds, Derby, Railyard, and countless other rooms have Diamonds. GC tables are so passé🤣
Thanks, but his home room use to be a GC, they must of changed it out. Well then he has adjusted to Diamond. I have to like Tony in this match up.
At the MOT when players tried a Z bank it was a nightmare. Robert hit one with force and coming off the 2nd rail it almost went backwards.He nearly sold out or did because of how poorly the rails played on that shot.
I thought the GC's at the 2018 MOT California Billiards played well. I am not a fan of how Diamonds play!
Whitey

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Rich, I agree about Gorst...as great as he plays, I don't enjoy watching him cuz he plays too slow - and he chalks his tip almost as many times as Jonathan Henessee/Pinegar 🥴 ...

No-nonsense guys who are a pleasure to watch are: Tony, Danny Smith, Josh Roberts, Justin Hall, Chip, and Josh Filler.
...and Robert Newkirk for our OnePocket.org guys. I got to watch him a lot from the booth this last MOT and he gets right to it, and he won!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If I were in anyone's corner in a challenge match up against Orcolo or Gorst, I would insist on a shot clock if they want that big money match-up. a shot clock sure isn't going to hurt any of the players you mentioned One Pocket Ghost. I think that seriously hurt both Chohan and Chip Compton playing a couple guys.

baby huey

Verified Member
Steve let the shot clock go. Action matches will never adopt that rule. Why would any player agree to that rule? I recommend that you take a long look at that IN/OFF Tony shot against Dennis in the Big One Match. It took him 10 minutes to pump himself up for that shot and we know the result................$100K takedown. You want him to decide to shoot that shot in 30 seconds? The suspense and drama kept us all on the stream thinking along with Tony while he finally shot that shot. Maybe the most amazing One Pocket shot ever given the circumstances.

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
Steve let the shot clock go. Action matches will never adopt that rule. Why would any player agree to that rule? I recommend that you take a long look at that IN/OFF Tony shot against Dennis in the Big One Match. It took him 10 minutes to pump himself up for that shot and we know the result................$100K takedown. You want him to decide to shoot that shot in 30 seconds? The suspense and drama kept us all on the stream thinking along with Tony while he finally shot that shot. Maybe the most amazing One Pocket shot ever given the circumstances.
is that video on line to view?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well if they want the money, that's why. My point was Tony or Chip would maybe gain a 1/2 ball shift in the plus/minus advantage in my opinion, playing against one of those slower players. I'm thinking Alex and Dennis in particular. Both Alex and Dennis have had the best of Tony, but I would bet it would be a little closer if they were on a modest clock -- like the DCC TV table clock. It's more than 30 seconds but I forget if it is 45 or 60 seconds, with a certain number of automatic extensions, and always a free extension after the break I believe.

baby huey

Verified Member
By the way, there were 4600 active views during that final game. Nary a complaint at 2AM eastern time.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jerry, do you or anyone else know if there's a video of that shot? Thanks.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Day one ended with Billy leading 7-2. (3 days racing to 21)
Day two of play begins at 5 p.m. CDT today.
Tune in and see if Tony can make a comeback!!
There is almost 40k in the middle up for grabs, with Billy getting 8/7.
Go to PoolActionTV.com to purchase your pay-per-View access.
Day passes or full event passes are available.
A full event pass gets you the final two days of live coverage plus on-demand replays for all three days to watch as long as you like.

436764276_10225339254774894_6479953084706332468_n.jpg

Check out these shots from Day 1 Chohan vs Thorpe

Last edited: