Is Efren going to be at the Derby or Not?

mosconiac

Verified Member
I converted the tagalog to english...

“It hurts me,” Reyes, 57, said on Wednesday.

...and later...

But with his withdrawal from the tourney, is it the end of the “magic show”?

“Not yet. I think not so yet,” said the former double world champion, who started playing the game at the tender age of eight.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
mosconiac said:
I converted the tagalog to english...

“It hurts me,” Reyes, 57, said on Wednesday.

...and later...

But with his withdrawal from the tourney, is it the end of the “magic show”?

“Not yet. I think not so yet,” said the former double world champion, who started playing the game at the tender age of eight.

Jay Helfert just confirmed that Efren will not be there, this stinks. Hope he has a speedy recovery. The dream match is off I guess, maybe next year or May at the US Open One Pocket. :(

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, this really sucks. I was all set to buy that PPV match with a friend and we were gonna watch it on his big screen in his pool room; and set up and try shots, etc. *sigh*

Oh well. There's still plenty of other dcc action to be had I guess.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
nobody

nobody

Like Efren.My friend was at Red's when he first showed up.Nobody would gamble with him except Buddy.He was offering the 7 or 8 I forget to most of the guys there.Incredible.Hopefully another Efren is growing up somewhere.Maybe in your town,cheers,B

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
that's really disappointing.... My project is going to be missing a key figure in the Derby and that is sad.

I was also really looking forward to the Frost/Reyes matchup to kick off the Derby. I also was really pulling for him to win the all around one more time, as his time playing tournament pool is very short, according to him. (Winning the all around, but John B still beating him at banks to three-peat:))

Selfishness aside, I hope his surgery goes good and this back and eyes allow him to play for some more years. He truly is a legend in the billiard/pool world, in every respect.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
that's really disappointing.... My project is going to be missing a key figure in the Derby and that is sad.

I was also really looking forward to the Frost/Reyes matchup to kick off the Derby. I also was really pulling for him to win the all around one more time, as his time playing tournament pool is very short, according to him. (Winning the all around, but John B still beating him at banks to three-peat:))

Selfishness aside, I hope his surgery goes good and this back and eyes allow him to play for some more years. He truly is a legend in the billiard/pool world, in every respect.

Yeah, if he ain't gonna be there I ain't going.:p :D :rolleyes:
Rod.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
androd said:
Yeah, if he ain't gonna be there I ain't going.:p :D :rolleyes:
Rod.

Somebody get in touch with him and tell him about contacts. Pool without Efren would be like baseball without Babe Ruth.

"Say it ain't so Joe":(

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
androd said:
Yeah, if he ain't gonna be there I ain't going.:p
Rod.
Liar !!! You weren't going anyway... even after we all practically got down on our kneepads and begged you:D

You kept logging in every day, scouring the posts for SOME reason that you could use.

looking for anything....Ice storm coming, Groast trying to highroll you, rooms sold out, new rules that no flyers are allowed in the onepocket division, worried I would expose you with video footage and ruin your undercover scheme.

But you pick EFREN NOT COMING???:p

Now book that flight right now and all is forgiven:cool:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
Liar !!! You weren't going anyway... even after we all practically got down on our kneepads and begged you:D

You kept logging in every day, scouring the posts for SOME reason that you could use.

looking for anything....Ice storm coming, Groast trying to highroll you, rooms sold out, new rules that no flyers are allowed in the onepocket division, worried I would expose you with video footage and ruin your undercover scheme.

But you pick EFREN NOT COMING???:p

Now book that flight right now and all is forgiven:cool:
What this really means is that you will have to come back next year :D :D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Greg,

After all the years that I've known Rod I can state unequivocally that this rule would definitely keep him from DCC:p .

RBL

I do like my flyers. (Got lucky yesterday)

Ya'll missed the funniest one of all "Groast trying to highroll you":p :D
Greg knew I was joking. I couldn't care less about Reyes.:)

Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Since Reyes won't be there, that will allow plenty of time for a potential matchup between Pittsburgh Billy and Sacramento John Henderson!

The under-30 set wouldn't be interested, but it would sure draw all of the gray-haired crowd!

Lenny, has Scott got his eye on anyone else for a matchup? Daulton? Ochoa?

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
Ya'll missed the funniest one of all "Groast trying to highroll you":p :D

Rod.

Doesn't matter which thread I open...they're always ganging up on the poor Ghost somewhere in the thread...:eek:...:(

- gosty

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
gulfportdoc said:
Since Reyes won't be there, that will allow plenty of time for a potential matchup between Pittsburgh Billy and Sacramento John Henderson!

The under-30 set wouldn't be interested, but it would sure draw all of the gray-haired crowd!

Doc
I would rather watch a challenge match with Scott Frost and Sylver Ochoa for the 10 Grand.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
ace said:
I would rather watch a challenge match with Scott Frost and Sylver Ochoa for the 10 Grand.
Sylver is playing pretty good now, but I don't think he can find anyone to put him in the box against Frost, (at least not for 10K) Just a little weight might shake something loose though. JMHO

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
stevelomako said:
Well I know Dippy will stake Alex against Scott.

There we go - perfect...Sylver is quiet, and plays a safer game - Alex would be much more entertaining - shooting style and talking.

- Ghost

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

I broke the news to Scott about Efren yesterday and he replied "There goes my game..." and was disappointed about it. I am uncertain about him playing Alex with the 20-18 game, he might play 9-8 but I wont speak for him on that. As for him playing Sylver even, he would certainly give that game a go but like Dick says there wont be anyone out there willing to put him in the box for 10k that I know of.