Question for the rules guys ?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
By other, Doc, you would say that a touched ball that went through the cue balls path is "another foul" and any ball made for the opponent stays down? We have been playing a scratch is an object ball off the table and a touched ball through the path of the cue is a foul both bringing all made balls up. I understood the rule exception is when you cause a deliberate foul, i.e., holding the cue ball to the rail, etc.
Yes, accidentally moving an OB into the CB path would be "another foul" which would allow the opponent to keep the ball(s) you made for him.

In tournaments a "deliberate foul", like trapping the CB on the pocket facing, might could get an unsportsmanlike conduct ruling, resulting in loss of game or match.

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yes, accidentally moving an OB into the CB path would be "another foul" which would allow the opponent to keep the ball(s) you made for him.

In tournaments a "deliberate foul", like trapping the CB on the pocket facing, might could get an unsportsmanlike conduct ruling, resulting in loss of game or match.

~Doc

I am having trouble with this rule and think the powers that be should make a decision of the rules we need to play by. We play on the Best Coast, everything comes up with any foul. I don't play many tournaments because of their length in time and my back freezes up. Gambling I just play until I can't bend over. :lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I am having trouble with this rule and think the powers that be should make a decision of the rules we need to play by. We play on the Best Coast, everything comes up with any foul. I don't play many tournaments because of their length in time and my back freezes up. Gambling I just play until I can't bend over. :lol

I will be shocked if Steve decides that we should ignore some of the 1P .org rules in order to play by what some are used to playing by at home.

In the situation Rod was asking about, both elements are covered by our 1P .org rules.

"any other foul" in rule 6.2

and

"Driving...an object ball off the table is a foul" in 6.5

Fixed it, DAVE.............................................................. :D

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
a couple years ago i was in a room and was losing to this homeless looking guy 5 bucks a game almost every game so i could make a good game with my mark. and he needed the money so i felt good about it.

so he scratches and i put the cue ball behind the line and he comes around and looks and say its over the line. and i say 'really'? so he says if i shoot it he will call a foul. so i moved it back a millimeter and beat him the game and quit. i was his sucker for the day and he ran me off.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I will be shocked if Steve decides that we should ignore some of the 1P .org rules in order to play by what some are used to playing by at home.

In the situation Rod was asking about, both elements are covered by our 1P .org rules.

"any other foul" in rule 6.2

and

"Driving...an object ball off the table is a foul" in 6.5

Fixed it, DAVE.............................................................. :D[/QUOTE

Excuse me John, but can you point out where I said we should play by any rules?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
ah I see! imo a foul if you aren't striking the cb somehwre on the face with the tip
A legal stroke is one in which the cue is moved in a forward motion, contacting the cue ball with the striker portion of the cue tip. Note: a masse shot is considered forward motion, even if stroking the cue straight down.

Players have dreamed up lots of ways to not disturb the CB much. A common one used to be where the player would just tap the top of the CB with the ferrule. But in modern tournament play that would be an illegal stroke, and could be considered Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

~Doc