No more "Members" for me!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I want to announce that I have decided to give up the "Members" forum totally. I will not look at, or post on, the Members anymore. Dealing with various elements of certain Members threads has caused me undue anxiety and consternation. Enough so, that I considered quitting the whole forum itself.
Putting a few people on IGNORE hasn't done the job. I still find myself getting inveigled back into the shit.

The Banks and regular forum dont have all that tsouris or agita. The issues that come up there are usually issues that I have an active interest in.

I joined the forum to give something back to pool. Having to constantly debate whether or not I am credible has dampened my enthusiasm considerably.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
I want to announce that I have decided to give up the "Members" forum totally. I will not look at, or post on, the Members anymore. Dealing with various elements of certain Members threads has caused me undue anxiety and consternation. Enough so, that I considered quitting the whole forum itself.
Putting a few people on IGNORE hasn't done the job. I still find myself getting inveigled back into the shit.

The Banks and regular forum dont have all that tsouris or agita. The issues that come up there are usually issues that I have an active interest in.

I joined the forum to give something back to pool. Having to constantly debate whether or not I am credible has dampened my enthusiasm considerably.

Beard

You need to come to the bank forum more often..there's alot of good guys over there now!! I think we have the best bankpool forum there is:lol JB

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I've also noticed a steep decline in the AZ forum as the pissing matches have increased. It's similar to babysitting and having raised two kids, I don't enjoy educating adult Children. The idiotic questions and Bootie type avatars Explain the lack of character and more the Bling mindset of many. Until the masses treat our game like a sport, they will seemingly treat it like a basement homeowners pool game.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think that's a good idea Freddy. To be honest, I do not read a lot of what goes in there myself, and I moderate even less in there -- by far. On the other hand, we have a lot of really interesting and informative conversations, stories and WWYD's both here in the main forum and hopefully growing in the bank forum!!

And you all have probably noticed I have been a lot more proactive moderating the main forum and Banks than I had in the past.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Since there is Sooooooo much banking going on in One pocket game, maybe just combine them to hear other thoughts on what's taking place. One hole has a Huge amount of banking on most every shot.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Well I find this most unfortunate for me. The Beard is very knowledgeable on many different subjects and interjects words that make his posts the posts that are not to be missed. Just like in his first post of this thread, you have agita, inveigled, tsouris. Even consternation ain't bad. You can pick up these words and use them yourself to make folks think you are also intelligent. He is about the best story teller of all times too. Perhaps if he forgoes participation in The Members Cafe, he will post and contribute more in the other sections. On a side note, I think the member "straightback" is an astute contributor and should be verified so he can vote. I can tell he is more qualified than myself...

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Good move Mr B.
Life's too short to waste it argueing with goofs and drunks.:frus:lol:sorry:eek::)

John Brumback

Verified Member
Well I find this most unfortunate for me. The Beard is very knowledgeable on many different subjects and interjects words that make his posts the posts that are not to be missed. Just like in his first post of this thread, you have agita, inveigled, tsouris. Even consternation ain't bad. You can pick up these words and use them yourself to make folks think you are also intelligent. He is about the best story teller of all times too. Perhaps if he forgoes participation in The Members Cafe, he will post and contribute more in the other sections. On a side note, I think the member "straightback" is an astute contributor and should be verified so he can vote. I can tell he is more qualified than myself...

Yeah but what about us from ky that don't know what the hell those words mean:eek::lol JB

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Freddy, my buddy. I also agree with many this is your BEST winning move in a long time!

Pretty soon the ink on the pages from that poisoned pen will dry up and fade away, and ALL that will be left, is a blank empty page.

BTW, Have a GREAT time on your upcoming book signing tour of the East coast.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Beard, don't leave us! I was psyched as hell when I joined last month to see that you contribute here. Over and above your pool accomplishments, I think you are a really neat guy - it's the rare rambler/gambler/rogue that is also gifted with the ability to write well and spin a yarn.

Over and above the pool, the stories of all the old rounders is what we love the most, right? Our sport, like many cultural gems, has an amazingly rich oral history that is passed from person to person. I don't know about you guys, but I could listen to road stories for many moons. I'm quite happy to have a window into the goings on of all the old ruffians from days of yore.

One man's opinion.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Beard, don't leave us! I was psyched as hell when I joined last month to see that you contribute here. Over and above your pool accomplishments, I think you are a really neat guy - it's the rare rambler/gambler/rogue that is also gifted with the ability to write well and spin a yarn.

Over and above the pool, the stories of all the old rounders is what we love the most, right? Our sport, like many cultural gems, has an amazingly rich oral history that is passed from person to person. I don't know about you guys, but I could listen to road stories for many moons. I'm quite happy to have a window into the goings on of all the old ruffians from days of yore.

One man's opinion.
One "Verified" man's opinion :D:D

...and I agree 100%

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

One man's opinion.

tap..tap
agree 100%

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

One man's opinion.
Freddie is pools Damon Runyon, he speaks and writes in contractions about pools rich history..to me and people/players that really know him he is a very special person. Freddie imo is the last of a dying breed..players like Cornbread Red.."Peter Rabbit".. Ronnie Allen.. and the great "Minnesota Fats" are a few that come to mind. All of them have passed but certainly not forgotten, Freddie is still with us and I can only hope he stays around for ever..I don't know of another one like him.."Bank on brother"

Bill Incardona

RedCard

Verified Member
On The Money

On The Money

Freddie is pools Damon Runyon, he speaks and writes in contractions about pools rich history..to me and people/players that really know him he is a very special person. Freddie imo is the last of a dying breed..players like Cornbread Red.."Peter Rabbit".. Ronnie Allen.. and the great "Minnesota Fats" are a few that come to mind. All of them have passed but certainly not forgotten, Freddie is still with us and I can only hope he stays around for ever..I don't know of another one like him.."Bank on brother"

Bill Incardona

I would like to associate myself with doctor Cardone and Straightback's assessment of Freddy and his many talents. 🎲

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Bill Incardona

Well, that was very nice of you to say William. Thank you.

Your brother in the SS,

Beard

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
My main......

My main......

......man.I wish you would go and I'd be right behind you.But what then..........its no good being perfect in an imperfect world....where would we go?No Freddie,as John Lee hooker says "It serves you right to suffer".Try and stick it out.Its still better than doing time......a few more years and it will all be over......just pretend your like Lon Chaney and once a month........you know........if misery loves company were all in the same car and your drivin......see you on the run,James