Gorst v. Frost One pocket July 8-10, 2022 on Omegabilliards.com

Tnusbaum

Verified Member
I will take Frost for $50, confirm here.
I watched Gorst and Scott at Buffalos. Frost looked off while he was in action and was missing some balls. Gorst placed 4/5th I believe...Should be interesting

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Good luck, it should be a great match. Fedor needs to get rattled a bit (Not sharked) to get beat, and I think Scott’s style of play might do it. Hopefully there is a crack or two in the armor.
Hopefully Gorst learned a thing or two at Buffalo’s and will be killing it

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Reminds me of Dennis Orcullo's coming out party against Frost in 2017. Frost was heavily favored because of his supposed moving advantage. The straight shooter ran right through him, 40-29. Fedor banks as well as Frost, or better. He shoots straighter. His cue ball is better. As for moving and knowledge, advantage Frost. But can a 47 year old former champion beat a young lion? That's why they play the game.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I think I like frost here, though I coudl see it going either way. Frost when he puts his mind to it has such a patient game and I do not know if gorst can stand the grind.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
I think Scotts playing much better and I'm looking forward to seeing him play again, I enjoy older Scotts less crazy aggressive game.

Fedor runs balls like they belong in the pockets and is tough to fade in a shorter race / tournament scenario, but I believe Scott will be ready to guard against that.

I'll take Scott ( minus any table problem )

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Fedor banks as well as Frost, or better.
Basic banks, yes -- because Fedor has that pure ball striking ability. But in One Pocket a lot of fringe banks come up -- and carom banks, and combination banks -- all of which Scott is much more familiar with the nuances of than Fedor is. So in that regard I would give an edge to Scott. If the game was Bank Pool, I would def give the edge to Fedor. But One Pocket banks? I believe I swing back toward Scott on that.

Scott is going to have to be on top of his game for this one though -- because Fedor runs balls so well, and he is learning 1P all the while.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think Scotts playing much better and I'm looking forward to seeing him play again, I enjoy older Scotts less crazy aggressive game.

Fedor runs balls like they belong in the pockets and is tough to fade in a shorter race / tournament scenario, but I believe Scott will be ready to guard against that.

I'll take Scott ( minus any table problem )
Would you like a $50 sweat bet?

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
My gut wants to give an edge to Scott just cause of his PhD in 1p knowledge and ability to grind, but in watching some of Gorst ringside at Buffalo's he didn't seem to fade in the long grinding games. In fact, the few i sat down to watch were so boring I had to go get a coffee and find another match to watch.
I did see Gorst make several tactical errors, though, that Scott won't be making. Scott's going to have to shoot straight enough to capitalize on those and really work to keep Gorst off of a shot.

Reactions: lll