DCC updates

JPB2

Post updates here. I'll start. This is a new action room and very cool. I hope they free stream a bunch.

Thanks, I will check out free streams.

I saw the other day on a podcast that Collins of Post Up will be free streaming the US Open tournaments from Griffs. Looking forward to the one pocket.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
There was a great match last night in the Poolactiontv action room. Tony chohan vs reyito playing Bareball. What you call one ball onepocket but the right way 🤣🤣. Race to 10 for 10k with Tony giving two on the wire. Great set!

Kybanks

Verified Member
There was a great match last night in the Poolactiontv action room. Tony chohan vs reyito playing Bareball. What you call one ball onepocket but the right way 🤣🤣. Race to 10 for 10k with Tony giving two on the wire. Great set!

What's the difference?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
What's the difference?
It is only played with one ball. Even if someone scratches, another ball is never added. Also it’s usually played with one player getting a front pocket, and the other getting the opposite back pocket.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
How’d it turn out if you know?

Lucky_one2

Verified Member
From
Chicago...Now Ponte Vedra FL
Arrived last night, got my badge, watched some banks, played some cards and went to bed early. Can’t wait to play today! Anyone want to meet up ? Where do people hang out, practice, relax at this event?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Arrived last night, got my badge, watched some banks, played some cards and went to bed early. Can’t wait to play today! Anyone want to meet up ? Where do people hang out, practice, relax at this event?
Usually we try to grab a table in the action room so we can play some winner stay in as long as we can keep it.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Counted 485 in the Banks. 10 over the limit.

I’ll count the One Pocket after the 1sr round is over. Supposed to be 400 player limit.

Man, there are a ton of players not there. I’m sure the Hotel occupancy might have a little to do with it. If you can’t get a room on site it makes it tougher.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It is only played with one ball. Even if someone scratches, another ball is never added. Also it’s usually played with one player getting a front pocket, and the other getting the opposite back pocket.
I just watched this! Day 1 about hour 7 it starts. They were playing:
•1B1P taking diagonally opposite corners.
• Winner breaks from the center of the headstring, ball frozen to the center of the foot rail and the breaker always took the back pocket, and they seemed to be allowed to shoot right towards their pocket. (I’m not sure if you’re allowed to make it on the break though)
• Make the ball in any neutral pocket you lose!
• Scratch or foul the object ball stays where it is and the opponent has BIH anywhere

Crazy! Mitch is this actually “Bare Ball” or it the Latin version???

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I just watched this! Day 1 about hour 7 it starts. They were playing:
•1B1P taking diagonally opposite corners.
• Winner breaks from the center of the headstring, ball frozen to the center of the foot rail and the breaker always took the back pocket, and they seemed to be allowed to shoot right towards their pocket. (I’m not sure if you’re allowed to make it on the break though)
• Make the ball in any neutral pocket you lose!
• Scratch or foul the object ball stays where it is and the opponent has BIH anywhere

Crazy! Mitch is this actually “Bare Ball” or it the Latin version???
This is BareBall. Only Spanish rule in this match was that they were playing if the 9 was pocketed in any other pocket, it’s a loss for whoever pockets it. Normally it just gets spotted. It was a great match, right?