2024 MOT dates and location

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
2024 MOT will be held at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, Ky. Dates are April 5-6-7, 2024. Auction will be noon Friday with play to be asap after auction. I will post further information soon.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Members contacted Steve a while back and needed to schedule their vacation days way in advance. Because of the new early dates this year they needed a answer soon, Steve decided the location in the MOT selection group and nobody objected. As I said in a previous thread a while back, if it were to be held at Railyard I would be the player representative for that location. I contacted Railyard last night and Kyle confirmed. I'll have more information later.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for being point man John and if this is legit, I am thrilled as I will be able to finally go to another MOT lol..

Looking forward to it!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
yeah, me needer.

Perhaps it’s worth pointing out that lots of guys wil be at the Derby end of January. Seems odd to go back to the Louisville area two months later…

Lou Figueroa

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Any volunteers for this one?

We need someone to address player concerns, a tournament director, someone to take entries, keep track of sign ups dropouts, refunds etc. do the players auction, collect auction funds from bidders, research fargos and confirm or reject Facebook entries, coordinate with the room owner, find and post hotel accommodations, help create posters, print posters, see posters are delivered to the room etc. Figure out how to divide payouts, do a players meeting etc. If we are doing a mini tournament Thursday we will need volunteers to run that too.
These volunteer positions are all avaliable at this time.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, I see the pm now with the mot committee where Steve said he would like to see us go to railyard and where you said you were working on it.

My apologies, been too darn busy to read everything.

Sounds great to me and sign me up.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
yeah, me needer.

Perhaps it’s worth pointing out that lots of guys wil be at the Derby end of January. Seems odd to go back to the Louisville area two months later…

Lou Figueroa
I don't know if I can do dcc again until they change venue or get a lot more tables. It's worn me down lol... I actually may play in railyards mini Derb since it's capped at 32 players. Still undecided though... hopefully we can get support for the railyard mot... as John has pointed out before, Kyle the room owner loves one hole.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
yeah, me needer.

Lou Figueroa
He was trying to schedule away from Buffalos. Not many of our members attend DCC these days. I'm there every year of course. I didn't even play last year and just looked for action. Probably do the same this year. I like the freedom to roam around leave if I get busy at work.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Members contacted Steve a while back and needed to schedule their vacation days way in advance. Because of the new early dates this year they needed a answer soon, Steve decided the location in the MOT selection group and nobody objected. As I said in a previous thread a while back, if it were to be held at Railyard I would be the player representative for that location. I contacted Railyard last night and Kyle confirmed. I'll have more information later.
That’s exactly it thank you John!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

We need someone to address player concerns, a tournament director, someone to take entries, keep track of sign ups dropouts, refunds etc. do the players auction, collect auction funds from bidders, research fargos and confirm or reject Facebook entries, coordinate with the room owner, find and post hotel accommodations, help create posters, print posters, see posters are delivered to the room etc. Figure out how to divide payouts, do a players meeting etc. If we are doing a mini tournament Thursday we will need volunteers to run that too.
I will do signups and keep track of entries. And on site I can take care of tournament and auction $$. I’ll need help with the auction because it takes 3 people: auctioneer, record keeper and money collector.

Thursday night mini sounds great!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I didnt realize we voted on it.
We haven’t done the room voting for a few years because of the collateral damage to the jilted rooms basically. But that’s why instead we’ve had discussion threads for suggestions and comments. We also have a little “committee” consisting of the regular volunteers that have put in the work to make the MOT’s happen. If you think of which members have put in that work chances are they are part of thst! Then ultimately I am responsible for final decisions. It’s not perfect but the member input is still the most important factor in wherever we go.

The consensus seems to be that CA Billiards needs to be part of a regular rotation (every 3-4 years) and likewise Chris’s in Chicago needs to be part of a regular rotation. Those two rooms have earned that based on turnout. So in between those regular stops we can try something different, like Railyard in 2024.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
yeah, me needer.

Lou Figueroa
We’ve tried different times for our MOT’s and it’s tough to avoid conflicts! Prior to Buffalo’s major Memorial Day weekend event, early june looked great, but that turned out to be only a week removed from Buff’s which really forces a decision for most of us. As many or more of our members are now hitting Buff’s vs DCC it seems. Then there is the Senior 1P in Oct. not to mention the US Open 1P.

So early April is about as between as we can find, without getting into the peak travel costs of midsummer (we tried that too 😳)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Red card would probably do our poster like he usually does. I am happy to help on site with whatever I can.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
2024 MOT will be held at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, Ky. Dates are April 5-6-7, 2024. Auction will be noon Friday with play to be asap after auction. I will post further information soon.
They only have 8 tables, It's going to be brutal scheduling. Better start early and have "Express" rules in place.