WWYD - Difficult position after the break

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Your opponent laid down an amazing break. Furthermore, this opponent can easily run 8 and out on you if given any decent shot. You may not get back to the table so make your decision wisely. Try and find 2 or 3 different ways out of this for different 1p skill levels.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 9.14.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 9.14.01 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 9.14.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 9.14.20 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 88

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I see no way to stop my opponent from getting the opportunity to run a bunch of balls other than to play off the 9 ball and draw the CB back into the 10 ball at the top of the stack. The 3 ball does not clear to the 1 ball, so we will just have to see what happens from there... :)

unoperro

Verified Member
Play the 9 off the 3 to make the 1 and drive whitey 3 rails to be behind the stack.

Might slight masse to cut the ball in nearest my pocket then try and clear balls.

Probably bank the 11 2 rails to make that green ball and try and get my 4. Playing anybody as good as you describe I need to go to 4😉

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I ahve to shot the 9 3 combo how ever it lies to draw the cueball into the stack
I like this choice. Another is to bank the 9 towards my pocket and 3 rail the cue ball to make the 1. Hopefully banking the 9 will rearrange all the easy banks he may have.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Looking to make the 1 ball. I will billiard off the 9 if the 5 is not in the way, or kick off the head rail if the 3 is not in the way. Failing that I will play off the 9 and try to freeze him on the stack. How did I get in this game, anyway?

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I like this choice. Another is to bank the 9 towards my pocket and 3 rail the cue ball to make the 1. Hopefully banking the 9 will rearrange all the easy banks he may have.
being not as good a billiard player I do not feel good about the thee railer. clearly I need to practice those

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
The one thing I do see, the 2ball looks like it may be dead in the hole! If I had the stroke I used to have, I would play a Big draw off the 9 ball into the 10/14/2.

shw

Verified Member
The one thing I do see, the 2ball looks like it may be dead in the hole! If I had the stroke I used to have, I would play a Big draw off the 9 ball into the 10/14/2.

If the 2 is wired, you might be able to kick straight to the 5-10-14-2.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Much as I want to neutralize that 1 ball, I think it's not the time. I'd stun off the 9 and sit the cb in the cleavage of the 5 & 10.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I'm just gonna roll onto the 2 first then slightly nudge the striped ball (14? perverse color!). I'd rather go backwards then give him an offensive shot.
Like this too. Although I don't think that 2 ball is wired as it appears to aim just high on the long rail and the contact is throwing the wrong way.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like Jimmy's shot. I can kick one rail and make the 1 (3 doesn't have you if you go to the long rail), but you sell out any one of 3 cross corner banks doing that. Shooting Jimmy's shot, I just hope after making the 1 that i don't sell out an easy cross corner and maybe get lucky and spin up under the 3.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Shoot the nine into the high side of the three and put the cue ball in the stack. If you are sure you can hit it thin enough, hit it firmly. If not, just move it to the center of the table.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Your opponent laid down an amazing break. Furthermore, this opponent can easily run 8 and out on you if given any decent shot. You may not get back to the table so make your decision wisely. Try and find 2 or 3 different ways out of this for different 1p skill levels.
The 1 ball looks pretty deep in the pocket. Not sure I like the carom from the 6 ball... I would just simply kick at the 1 ball from the head rail. The 6 looks like it would be a tough bank.. Just trying to keep it simple here.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The 1 ball looks pretty deep in the pocket. Not sure I like the carom from the 6 ball... I would just simply kick at the 1 ball from the head rail. The 6 looks like it would be a tough bank.. Just trying to keep it simple here.
That was the first shot I looked at, but you leave a high percentage bank on the six, with enough balls spread for a big run.