TO ALL IN IDA'S PATH.........BE SAFE

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Just got home from Utah for vacation :. We should be good. Brick home on high land. My rentals? Who knows. I see a lot of shelling out money in my future. But as long as we stay healthy, we will be ok. Katrina in 2005 whacked electricity for a week but that was about it. Gustav in 2008 knocked down a lot of trees in BR. It was actually worse than Katrina. Ida is tracking the same path as Katrina. We'll see.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's all over but the shouting here on the west Miss. coast. We never lost electricity, so that was a huge relief. We had strong winds (cat 1-2?), and bands of heavy downpour rain. The coast road is flooded, but that's not a big deal.

I'm sure New Orleans got hammered, but hopefully Lake Ponchartrain didn't breech the levies like it did in Katrina. The LA coastal areas must be a horrible mess. Now we'll all be watching if anything else starts coming through...:cautious:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
It's all over but the shouting here on the west Miss. coast. We never lost electricity, so that was a huge relief. We had strong winds (cat 1-2?), and bands of heavy downpour rain. The coast road is flooded, but that's not a big deal.

I'm sure New Orleans got hammered, but hopefully Lake Ponchartrain didn't breech the levies like it did in Katrina. The LA coastal areas must be a horrible mess. Now we'll all be watching if anything else starts coming through...:cautious:

good to hear doc. been wondering about you, bille, jason, mary.....

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Just got home from Utah for vacation :. We should be good. Brick home on high land. My rentals? Who knows. I see a lot of shelling out money in my future. But as long as we stay healthy, we will be ok. Katrina in 2005 whacked electricity for a week but that was about it. Gustav in 2008 knocked down a lot of trees in BR. It was actually worse than Katrina. Ida is tracking the same path as Katrina. We'll see.

best of rolls joe. good luck with it.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

That's good Doc.. I was wondering about ya. I'm watching news right now at five am my time. ONE MILLION with no power .. I was watching this guy do a live stream in Houma yesterday inside of his van. It got bad. He got behind a bank building and the roof started coming off. The stream cut...Hope he's ok..

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I was just typing a post earlier at home, when all of a sudden the power went out (about 8:20 A.M. CST). Now I'm here at my clinic in Gulfport. It's frustrating to lose power where I live because it takes so damn long to get it restored. We're apparently situated on the last part of the grid, so we're always the last to get it back on. After Katrina it was almost 3 weeks before we got power back.

However the storm here was nothing like what hit the LA coast and New Orleans. I even drove the 9/10ths of a mile down to the beach last night to check it out. The Gulf was up over the coast road, and there was debris, but really not that bad. It should be back to normal in a day or two. Driving in this morning I could see that most businesses are closed, including drug stores, WalMarts, etc. I suppose they'd have trouble getting all employees to show up. I found one gas station open, so I topped 'er off.

I believe that the New Orleans area is essentially without power. A huge electric tower was toppled into the Miss. River at Avondale, which pretty much put the lights out everywhere. Anyone interested can look at nola.com. I'm sure the Pilot skeedaddled, so he is probably fine. Surprised he hasn't checked in. The N.O. airport is closed, although I don't know about Lake Front. Evidently the levies held, so there was no mass flooding like there was in Katrina.

I'm sure that Bille, Jason, and Mary K. are fine. That crazy Bille will probably wade out into the Gulf tonight looking for flounder...😄

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
airport jim.....how you making out my man?
I’m in Houston with my wife and dogs. We’re staying at a Candlewood suites, not to far from Bogies and Big Tyme. I have no idea what the house looks like. Yesterday we got a call from the alarm company about the back door entry sensor giving a break in alarm. Something probably hit the door, I hope it’s not wide open and flooding our bedroom.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I’m in Houston with my wife and dogs. We’re staying at a Candlewood suites, not to far from Bogies and Big Tyme. I have no idea what the house looks like. Yesterday we got a call from the alarm company about the back door entry sensor giving a break in alarm. Something probably hit the door, I hope it’s not wide open and flooding our bedroom.
Glad to hear that you're high and dry in Houston. AND you get to play pool. What part of the N.O. area is your home? Metarie? Kenner? Hope you didn't get any damage.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Pretty lucky here in Baton Rouge. all things considered. Lots of signs blown down, phone poles blown over, some big trees uprooted. A lot of buildings uncovered, roofs gone. The terrible flooding that was forecast didn't happen. I have electric power - one daughter does not - another one seems to be okay. I don't know about the two in Thibodaux, as I cannot reach them yet today.

Thanks for asking -