SVB vs Tony LIVE!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Just my opinion but I don't think Tony has a serious chance in this match up.

Shane is executing on all cylinders. Tony is not as accurate and consistent. And, his "Tony Shots" while fabulous to witness, are like one-in-ten shots that look great but carry a small to signifiant risk depending on how well he executes. Shane ain't shooting those and is keeping everything buttoned up.

Lou Figueroa

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Even if I win, betting on Tony is torture. How many games has he lost with the ball lead late in the game? He had Shane on tilt a bit, but will not protect the lead late in the game with a ball lead. I know, that's his style, but some of his shots have me gritting my teeth. The game where Shane got to ten, was a game he NEVER should have won after missing 2/3 easy banks.

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
It's going hill-hill and last ball. Wish I could be watching it. Sounds like 2 sluggers taking each others best haymaker.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
When Shane kicked up table two rails for a perfect (?) hit. It sure seemed (to me) to have touched, but Shane put up a ball.
Rack #28 was epic.

Attachments

• 1670492426522.png
    1670492426522.png
    891 KB · Views: 18

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
What do you guys think about when a match goes hill / hill, and what comes to mind was Scott - Chip match, but what about this if the match ends up 23 - 23, then how about going to two ahead!

Good to see Tony come back.
I missed some of the action, what time does the replays start today pacific time.
Whitey

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
What do you guys think about when a match goes hill / hill, and what comes to mind was Scott - Chip match, but what about this if the match ends up 23 - 23, then how about going to two ahead!

Good to see Tony come back.
I missed some of the action, what time does the replays start today pacific time.
Whitey
They have been saying they upload the reruns by 9 -- and I think that is Central time they are talking about. So 7 AM your time they should be up if I have that figured right. So you will have time to re-watch the whole thing :D

Omega must be based in the Central time zone, because isn't Vegas on CA time, yet the poster and web site say 7 PM Central for starting time daily. That's why I am assuming 9 is Central. It was up by then yesterday.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
They have been saying they upload the reruns by 9 -- and I think that is Central time they are talking about. So 7 AM your time they should be up if I have that figured right. So you will have time to re-watch the whole thing :D

Omega must be based in the Central time zone, because isn't Vegas on CA time, yet the poster and web site say 7 PM Central for starting time daily. That's why I am assuming 9 is Central. It was up by then yesterday.
Omega is in Dallas/Ft. Worth

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Day 2 was Tony's day. Made up 3 games and faded in the end to let SVB win last 3. Tony has to just make the balls that are there instead of turning his cue ball loose. SVB is a ball running machine, as we figured, but I like Tony in the end because I can see the mental toll the match is having on Shane. He has to think his way through the problems and Tony knows the book move immediately. Over 10 hours, the mental fatigue will wear you down.

If Tony plays in day 3 like he did today, he'll win by 2 or 3. If not, Shane can win. But by making up the ground he was down, we won't have a super long day 3, and we should get both of these great players' best efforts. Either way, SVB can play with Tony and we should get a rematch, regardless of the outcome. But SVB was right to play in these conditions. His style would not fare well on tight equipment.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't buy the stream because I have no time to watch it but I am considering buying today so I can go back and watch on my own time until next Friday.

Just curious about how long in hours is each day?

Thanks!

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Day one 12 games with a five minute break after each game at 25 minutes a game.
Day two was 19 games at about 30 minutes a game with a five minute break between games.
Neither day dragged but there were quite a few up table games as Tony thinks that his best tactic versus the straighter shooter.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
One big factor yesterday was Tony switched sides and broken like a god. Lots of pressure by his hole and SVB pinned to the rail. Long night last night. We packed it in at 13-14 Tony knowing that Tonight might even be longer.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Day one 12 games with a five minute break after each game at 25 minutes a game.
Day two was 19 games at about 30 minutes a game with a five minute break between games.
Neither day dragged but there were quite a few up table games as Tony thinks that his best tactic.
It was very effective, SVB would be down a bunch of balls and Tony would play One Ball One Hole until he scored the 1 or 2 he needed. SVB needs to pushing balls into pockets and getting balls back to the good side where he needs them.

Reactions: lll