Revisiting a OP.ORG Project

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I just received another comment regarding a video I did 3 years ago and thought a few of you might like to revisit this one too. Rather than posting a new thread I thought I'd just edit this one instead. So here you go. The concepts in this video are but a few of the products stemming from many years of observation and countless conversations with many astute One Pocket players.
I hope you enjoy reviewing this one too.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I received a comment today regarding a OP.ORG project I did nearly 5 years ago and thought a few of you might like to revisit it, so here you go.
I hope you enjoy reviewing it again.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks again Tom, for so ably executing and narrating those shots! It is cool for me to see my concepts illustrated and interpreted with your expertise!

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Steve, you asked me to produce this video and you provided the situations within. I very willingly obliged. I do feel the need to point out that the situations and the concepts are not the product of any one person. They are the product of many years of observation and experimentation by hundreds of players. You and I and the rest of us who have enjoyed this game for decades have simply been lucky enough to be in a position to have benefited from their past experiences. We, like those before us are now in a position to share those concepts forward. They are not yours, mine, or anyone's, to claim ownership.

I hope you take this in the spirit of good will,

Cheers,

Tom

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Tom Wirth, Howdy;

I'm looking at this as a reminder. Saw it when it first arrived, and now that I've
found someone to play the game with as I learn, it should be better for me as I have
something to relate it to. Without a reference point any information is useless I
have a reference point now.

Thanks,

hank

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve, you asked me to produce this video and you provided the situations within. I very willingly obliged. I do feel the need to point out that the situations and the concepts are not the product of any one person. They are the product of many years of observation and experimentation by hundreds of players. You and I and the rest of us who have enjoyed this game for decades have simply been lucky enough to be in a position to have benefited from their past experiences. We, like those before us are now in a position to share those concepts forward. They are not yours, mine, or anyone's, to claim ownership.

I hope you take this in the spirit of good will,

Cheers,

Tom
Absolutely, and likewise my comments :) In this particular case, your video project was triggered by my compilation of shots in the form of diagrams, that you so ably turned in to narrated videos. And yes, every one of us is indebted to players before us who shared their knowledge -- either on purpose or just by us watching what they did. I would always point to Grady Mathews in particular for me, in terms of where I was able to compile knowledge from. And I would add, you did a great job expanding the concepts in your narrations well beyond what I had with the diagrams. All good, and thanks again!!!

poolboy79

Well-Known-Member
Tom, for a project how about filming every shot from Shots, Moves, and Strategies and Winning One Pocket? I would definitely make a contribution for your time and effort.

unoperro

Verified Member
Tom , I saw this layout and immediately thought slight back cut on the 1 and bank the 5 at your hole/side drag whitey down the long rail and then off bottom rail and back above the balls along your side. 1 will go to top right corner and die along the long rail.
Your play was way better then mine. First effort I got the 5 right but scratched in bottom corner leaving a bih shot on the 1 which didnt make it to the kitchen and have to spot up a ball. Second attempt with more attention to whitey and came under the balls along the long rail leaving a shot on the 5 and position for the 3.

Maybe Alex would do better but yours was a fine shot. Thanks for all you do.
Screenshot_20220509-000437_Chrome.jpg

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thank you Mike, try making an approx. half ball hit using center ball left and adjust from there.
I've no doubt that within a very few shots you'll have it down pat and will be able to make a variety of subtle variations. Remember, it's more about the cue ball than it is the object ball.

You can also practice using only one object ball just to get the hang of the billiard aspect of the shot.
Cheers,

Tom

Reactions: lll