New cue

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
Well I finally up graded my cue. Just purchased a nice Eddie Coen. My old cue had shafts that 11.3 after years or wear. This cue has 12.5 shafts. How long before I get fully use to this cue.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
cant tell you how long but
eddie cohen makes a great cue!!!!!!!
congrats on your new cue
post pics please
fwiw
i had made for me the last of the ivory in the cues eddie made
he shipped it to me the day before the california ban went into effect
last year i decided to liquidate my cue collection so i no longer own it

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well I finally up graded my cue. Just purchased a nice Eddie Coen. My old cue had shafts that 11.3 after years or wear. This cue has 12.5 shafts. How long before I get fully use to this cue.
If the ferrule and tip in your old cue stayed at 12.5, despite the shaft being worn to 11.3, there likely won't be any difference in terms of CB squirt. And if you're playing several times a week you'll probably get used to the new feel, weight, balance, etc. in a couple of weeks. Congrats on your purchase. It's always a nice feeling to get something new with a new feel.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I'm with the masses...pics please. Eddie makes great cues, congrats.

For what it's worth I'm having a new cue made for me, too. I bought a Brent Summers full-spliced blank (traditional hoppe style) and having Mike Durbin core and finish it for me. It should be done within the next couple weeks 🤞🤞🤞.

As far as getting used to your new shafts, I would guess that depends on their taper. You can always get them cut down. Good luck.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I'm with the masses...pics please. Eddie makes great cues, congrats.

For what it's worth I'm having a new cue made for me, too. I bought a Brent Summers full-spliced blank (traditional hoppe style) and having Mike Durbin core and finish it for me. It should be done within the next couple weeks 🤞🤞🤞.

As far as getting used to your new shafts, I would guess that depends on their taper. You can always get them cut down. Good luck.
A lot of Durbins in this area. He makes a fine cue.