Hendy

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I think the 1 pk. org site should do a dress code Hendy/memorial tournament.
All required (I'm being truthful).
We all must wear a Cheap/collared Flowered poly shirt with a front pocket..... that NO one (especially surfers) would buy it in the 60's.... maybe cost $10 new, back then you couldn't give em away.
When I first saw/met him he used this shirt to ''break the ice''. :)
It's when I ''first'' met him and Frank the Barber in S. Cal pool room mid-seventies.

Attachments

• 0206221136.jpg
    0206221136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
I get it Big Foot Bill. I too miss him. We talked about every two weeks and his outlook on life was truly inspiring. If you want to hear his voice, go to the final day of the Dennis vs Tony match "The Big One." It's quite good and he and George Michaels couldn't have been any better describing the final five games or so of that match. John provided us with the best commentary of a match I've ever heard barring none.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Had some time, talked with Kitto yesterday about life and what he too is going thru on his end. As I scrolled down my phone list this happened, I sadly Deleted Hendersons phone number, we always talked monthly.

bm
Hi Bill, I used to talk to John every Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. More often if the Triple Crown was running. His number is (530) 391-8316. Already missing those talks.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
We would talk once a mth, and I also, talk with GM every now and then. And thx BH. I KNOW I could find a Cheap flowered shirt at the Goodwill store ''for sure''.

bm

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think the 1 pk. org site should do a dress code Hendy/memorial tournament.
All required (I'm being truthful).
We all must wear a Cheap/collared Flowered poly shirt with a front pocket..... that NO one (especially surfers) would buy it in the 60's.... maybe cost $10 new, back then you couldn't give em away.
When I first saw/met him he used this shirt to ''break the ice''. :)
It's when I ''first'' met him and Frank the Barber in S. Cal pool room mid-seventies.
That is the two of you!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Let's make the shirt Memorial event happen Steve at, Cal Billiards, Bee will run the event for us.
I'll start diggin' around at the Goodwill store, but I'm in the mountains. :)

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I'm OK with that. I attended the John Henderson Memorial at Hard Times in November. Unfortunately, they did not acknowledge John. I heard the streaming booth did, but neither Oscar or the tournament director said anything about John prior to the start of the tournament. I was disappointed with that.