End game WWYD from Philly

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
It’s your shot. Your opponent just pocketed a ball in your upper corner, which is spotted along with the only other ball on the table. Your opponent is on the hill. Your pocket is on the same side of the table as the cue ball. Wwyd?
Note: please ignore the cues on the table. I took these pics while my opponent was taking a quick break.
4CD111FA-8002-4FC6-80BC-F581926EB649.jpeg747FE7C4-0B94-4213-BDFE-BDBABBB6DAC2.jpeg

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The unpopular choice. Bank the 8 ball, cb three rails, cut the 11 in. I've only shot it a half dozen times gambling, mostly shoot the safety.

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'm not sure there is enough of the 8 ball showing to bank it reliably. If whitey were up around the 2nd diamond then maybe. The tried and true old school 1P shot is called for here, which GoldCrown posted would be my shot as well.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The bank on the eight is viable when you have ball in hand after a foul, because you can spin the cue ball two rails to get safe. With only this much of the eight peeking out, I don’t think you can hit enough ball to make it or get the cue ball around.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i see 6 balls on your side and 5 balls on his side and 2 on the table thats 13 balls and he is on the hill ????????
i see your cue ball has recovered from the measles..... 😂

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
if you wanted to take a chance you could hit left side of 11 with some speed, use high RHE to make the CB go 3 rails to the upper corner on your opponents long rail side. The 11 ball stuns over towards your hole and the cut induced english the 8 ball has on it being applied from the cut on the 11 sends the 8 ball two rails long towards your hole.

I still like keeping it simple but for $10 a game I may shoot this ;)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I gave it five tries today. Made it once with a long bank shot available on the 11. One of the misses wasn't too bad, the other three were total sell outs.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
if you wanted to take a chance you could hit left side of 11 with some speed, use high RHE to make the CB go 3 rails to the upper corner on your opponents long rail side. The 11 ball stuns over towards your hole and the cut induced english the 8 ball has on it being applied from the cut on the 11 sends the 8 ball two rails long towards your

You bg bunch of babies! 😂😂

So…I learned this shot watching Cliff Joyner, and if the two balls are frozen and straight this is not a crazy shot!
And boy is it fun! :))).

I back cut the 11 with RHE and with speed to two rail the 8 and have the cue go uptable on his side. Even if it doesn’t go, it should be close with the ball on his side uptable and two balls in the scoring zone for me.

But it did go!…. And by a miracle I made the follow up shot on the 11 to get out.
Here was the result, and a drawing of what happened.

jim try this one 5 times.

4DF59AAB-FC5B-4A01-96BC-EE589216AA76.jpeg9808DA53-E7F0-4FF5-BA65-EE2F51243E22.png

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If you look at the pic
the cue ball is frozen to the rail on the right side
which to me causes problems when applying English to the cue ball
so FOR ME
i wouldnt feel confident I could hit the cue ball with enough right hand english accurately with the force required to send it all around the table
but mitch YOU DID IT 👍
nice shot