Collection Of One Pocket Shots

kanzzo

Verified Member
Had the same problem with multiple older WWYD. Seems like photos were stored externally and were deleted in the meantime.
But yeah: links for pictures don't work.
If you have the pictures stored, try uploading them again

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Back in the day we also had the WEI Table. It was easy and widely used.
I've seen, of course, and used ChalkySticks but it didn't/doesn't seem to be as well used.
There are still lots of strings out there for the WEI Table, I've lamented that loss to pool, myself.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
But the 3 ball frozen spot shot thread had 3 or 4 members that tried the 3 ball Whitey shot, and they came close but did not make. They can attest to their efforts in trying to make this shot. So I am positive my honor is intact, and that no verified member at that time would ever think I manipulated the balls.
Whitey, I finally got around to taking the 3-balls-on-the-spot shot to the table. I was pleased that on the very first attempt the center ball headed right towards the pocket. In fact it did the same during the next 2 attempts, but either I couldn't hit it hard enough or my stroke isn't good enough to get the ball to the hole (used a draw stroke on the line from the upper corner pocket to the head ball). Actually my table has gotten pretty slow due to humidity, so that could be a factor.

I'd think that the shot would be a great prop shot. Very few guys would think that it could be made.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Doc, in my book that is a make. It sure is something when that center ball pops and goes towards your hole. I use 1 tip above center and 1 tip of inside reverse hitting the head ball 7/8 full w/ the cb located just inside the 1st diamond head and the 2nd diamond side rail apex.
In theory in using above center it puts below spin on the head ball and that puts top spin on the center ball, so this might increase a little speed on it going to the pocket.

I remember you doing the twist bank that has the cb spinning like a top! Thanks again for trying the shots!

I have a question; are you able to pull up the latest videos I just posted?
Thanks, Whitey

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Doc, in my book that is a make. It sure is something when that center ball pops and goes towards your hole. I use 1 tip above center and 1 tip of inside reverse hitting the head ball 7/8 full w/ the cb located just inside the 1st diamond head and the 2nd diamond side rail apex.
In theory in using above center it puts below spin on the head ball and that puts top spin on the center ball, so this might increase a little speed on it going to the pocket.

I remember you doing the twist bank that has the cb spinning like a top! Thanks again for trying the shots!

Thanks, Whitey
Whitey sad I can't open, I watched all you put up,was able to replicate a fair number.
I think they're ACES and regret not telling you before. I'm not able to video any shots, sad because most would enjoy. You're the man Whitey !
Rod.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Whitey, the shots on page two like the jump into the point, the bank, and getting safe on the ball in the pocket and the 3 balls on the spot are viewable for me........ The later shots page four show 404 error like this for me... I've seen that 404 several times on message boards in the past but don't know why. Always enjoy your shots very much....Thanks... I tried opening in a new window and new tab but got the same error.

2023-10-15 17_10_37-Window.png

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Thanks, Whitey
Yes, your latest videos do bring up the Google Photos sign-in link. However I never voluntarily go onto Google anything.

Your description of using a little high spin on the CB for the 3-ball spot shot makes sense. I was using low, which would cause the opposite reaction that is needed. I'll try it that way, although my slow table may prohibit getting the ball to the hole..:(

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Whitey sad I can't open, I watched all you put up,was able to replicate a fair number.
I think they're ACES and regret not telling you before. I'm not able to video any shots, sad because most would enjoy. You're the man Whitey !
Rod.
Rod,
I have been wondering how you are doing, glad to hear you doing fine and replicated some of the shots. I wanted to put up a couple of shots that I learned from you through wwyds, but on this end we still have not solved the problem of being able to open up the videos.
Take care and thanks for sharing your vast knowledge! Whitey

Thanks also to Doc and Jimmy for letting me know that the later videos do not open. No more posting until the problem is solved.
Take care!
We were having a good time pulling up past videos.
Whitey

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Very nice stroke, , and some while the judges are watching and kibitzing, thats extra points.! You covered a lot of the most accurate positions to get to, for higher runs . Very well done, I'm glad I didn't run into you with a pocketful of Benjamins , I had misjudged your game by about 3 balls, when I first watched you.

Last edited:

kanzzo

Verified Member
Very nice shooting I could tell by the suns rays on the floor many of those were made in a very short time
Took me about 4 hours for all 15 balls 😅. With a dinner break and continuing after bringing the kids to bed in the evening. Think 8 and 12 took the longest time, about an hour each.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Found a nice wheel drill starting with a One Pocket Bank. Taken from Pro Drill Skills Vol. 6 (54 One Pocket Practice Session Drills)

View attachment 443112

Very nicely done. It's only fitting you were using Target Pool because Nick and Kim were friends. In fact Kim invited Nick to a challenge match/exhibition to his room in California. I went and bought target pool from Kim and a book from Nick.

I have since sold my Target Pool but have something similar from Outsville but without instruction.

Again, nice shooting.