Calderon v. JHall

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
If this the 'same' Calderon, Jerry, he lived in FL. in the 2000's. About my size and shape, maybe mid 30's now.
Very cocky, but, gets very good Stake horses. WE played some 3C at Ultimate Billiards in Fort Pierce.

I think Hall plays a ball better for sure.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
If this the 'same' Calderon, Jerry, he lived in FL. in the 2000's. About my size and shape, maybe mid 30's now.
Very cocky, but, gets very good Stake horses. WE played some 3C at Ultimate Billiards in Fort Pierce.

He is playing a lot better now. Lost double Hill to Frost, Double Hill to Fedor at Buffalos. One of the top players in Houston now. He'll beat JJ. Beat Deuel, Strickland, Hunter White, Thorpe in the tournament, finished fifth/sixth.

Reactions: lll

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
I will take j hall if its a one day event, never know what condition he will show up in on two if he shows up at all.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

I think everyone calls him Alex Calderon, but I watched a money match and they were calling him Jerry. I like Alejandro Calderon...Is this him, Bill..?

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX

we know him as alex, only heard him called jerry by people online.
he plays some great straight rail also , i see him several nights a week at bogies
think one of the locals make him play one handed off the rail shooting 1pkt when playing him lol

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
we know him as alex, only heard him called jerry by people online.
he plays some great straight rail also , i see him several nights a week at bogies
think one of the locals make him play one handed off the rail shooting 1pkt when playing him lol
That's him Rich! I gave him 10 on 30 playing 3C. He and Manny Chau play 3C about the same. I played Manny 3C on a 'Pool table' in NC around 2007.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
In my opinion, Calderon is the most underrated player in America. Those who have never seen him play will be most impressed. Imagine a guy that moves like JJ, set traps like JBird, but can run out like a top 10 player. That is Calderon's game.

PA71972

His real name is Yerry Calderon, but most knew him as Jerry. He started going by Alex when he moved to Texas. You'd have to ask him why as its not my place to say. He was a 9 ball champion in his country of Venezuela before moving to Florida. He was considered a short stop at the time but played at least a ball and half better than any of of the road players clocking him thought he did. Watch him take down the cash more often than not. Plays hard for the money. Was known as a rotation player, but all of the smart money knew his best game was one pocket even then. Didn't drink or do drugs like some players so you can usually count on him to show up. Wasn't above asking for jelly if he knew you were betting the rail. Stone cold hustler, and as most of you would, I mean that as a compliment. Managed to stay undercover longer than most in this day and age. That says a lot.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
His real name is Yerry Calderon, but most knew him as Jerry. He started going by Alex when he moved to Texas. You'd have to ask him why as its not my place to say. He was a 9 ball champion in his country of Venezuela before moving to Florida. He was considered a short stop at the time but played at least a ball and half better than any of of the road players clocking him thought he did. Watch him take down the cash more often than not. Plays hard for the money. Was known as a rotation player, but all of the smart money knew his best game was one pocket even then. Didn't drink or do drugs like some players so you can usually count on him to show up. Wasn't above asking for jelly if he knew you were betting the rail. Stone cold hustler, and as most of you would, I mean that as a compliment. Managed to stay undercover longer than most in this day and age. That says a lot.

Thanks.. I saw on the AZ player profile they have him as Alejandro. What's up with that? Here he is beating Alcano while having a zero fargo... hmmmm.. He likes that open hand bridge.

2022-06-24 07_56_29-Window.png