Buffalos Pro Classic $31,000 Added May 23-28, 2023

BRLongArm

Verified Member
My guess is Lunda kept his share and might have even got a piece of Danny’s share. Supposedly Lunda helped fund Danny’s entry fee but I don’t know that for fact or rumor.
Stakehorse Justin bought Danny and put him in the tournament. The split between Justin and Evan is not our concern. Evan did just fine. Counting the pre tournament gambling, I estimate Evan cleared well over 100K for the week. Not too shabby. The bigger story is Justin. He and Evan clipped NOLA for 150K in pretournament gambling, and had Evan and Danny in the calcutta (1/2 each). Evan and Justin split 90K in calcutta winnings and 34K in tournament winnings, and of course got their 15K in expenses back. Justin is vastly improved and Evan seems to be a good influence on him, at least in the pool room. Now the slot machines are a different matter.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Stakehorse Justin bought Danny and put him in the tournament. The split between Justin and Evan is not our concern. Evan did just fine. Counting the pre tournament gambling, I estimate Evan cleared well over 100K for the week. Not too shabby. The bigger story is Justin. He and Evan clipped NOLA for 150K in pretournament gambling, and had Evan and Danny in the calcutta (1/2 each). Evan and Justin split 90K in calcutta winnings and 34K in tournament winnings, and of course got their 15K in expenses back. Justin is vastly improved and Evan seems to be a good influence on him, at least in the pool room. Now the slot machines are a different matter.
Appreciate your insights Joe! Good seeing you as always.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Long ago I had a wizened pool room habitué tell me, about the slots: I am not ever playing anyone or thing that leans up against a wall 24 hours a day and says: I am here to play anytime you want; you can always bet whatever you want; and win or lose I will never ask for an adjustment.

Lou Figueroa

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Long ago I had a wizened pool room habitué tell me, about the slots: I am not ever playing anyone or thing that leans up against a wall 24 hours a day and says:

I am here to play anytime you want; you can always bet whatever you want; and win or lose I will never ask for an adjustment.

Lou Figueroa
Lou, we both know players like this also. 😉

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks for the report joe
on the stream i was pretty sure they said evan put danny in

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Following on FB looks like things are getting serious on Buffalo's expanding. Buff said in a comment they'd be looking at adding 8 more diamond 9 fts 😲.

Any thoughts on what that means for the future of the Buffalo's tournament?
23 players entered this year out of a 32 player lmit at $2k entry. Think at 32 players you're getting into the dead money territory vs these elite players, and $2k is a lot to swallow. And given it's the pool action capital of the world that week i'm sure a lot of backers/players figure that 2k could go further outside of the tourney.
Wonder what entries would look like if the player limit was expanded and entry lowered? Where's the sweet spot?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Following on FB looks like things are getting serious on Buffalo's expanding. Buff said in a comment they'd be looking at adding 8 more diamond 9 fts 😲.

23 players entered this year out of a 32 player lmit at $2k entry. Think at 32 players you're getting into the dead money territory vs these elite players, and $2k is a lot to swallow. And given it's the pool action capital of the world that week i'm sure a lot of backers/players figure that 2k could go further outside of the tourney.
Wonder what entries would look like if the player limit was expanded and entry lowered? Where's the sweet spot?
We won't be lowering the entry fee. It has only gotten better and bigger every year. This year, we had 26 players and two of the so called "dead money" entrants cashed with Wolford and Smith, finishing third and second, respectively. A player sees that and figures, "Why not me?" 32 will be just fine and the calcutta ensures that the dark horses will get in the tournament because there is such money odds for them. We had nearly 290K in the calcutta last year. Based on the last three year's progression of the calcutta, 112K, 152K, 286.9K, what will it be next year?

Buffalo is a high stakes event. 2K doesn't mean much at this event when they are playing 2 or 3K per game. We added a day to accommodate the larger field. The Buffalos Pro Classic is in good hands and gets better every year. We have a little dead money every year, but the cream always comes to his tournament. A little dead money is ok.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Buff has always thought big, and he's also been very accommodating to the gamblers. 15 years ago there was a N.O. high stakes player who didn't care for Diamond tables. So Buff put in a Gold Crown just for him. He came along at the perfect time and in the perfect locale to create the biggest action room anywhere.