Anyone know this player's name?

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
I watched this person:
http://www.worldppa.com/images/dcc2010-name.jpg
play one pocket against Jose Parica at DCC and was really impressed with his game. He was very focused with incredible intensity during his match - of course over the long haul it would have to have a wearing effect on him. But, for a short race, he'd be a threat to anyone.

Does anyone know who he is? I think he's from Maryland?
Bob

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Forgot, but he plays good

Forgot, but he plays good

levartze said:
I watched this person:
play one pocket against Jose Parica at DCC and was really impressed with his game. He was very focused with incredible intensity during his match - of course over the long haul it would have to have a wearing effect on him. But, for a short race, he'd be a threat to anyone.

Bob

That sumbitch chased me all around DCC trying to get me down. He eventually even asked to play banks. The knockers did him in, however. Heard he played real good but I forgot his name. Every time I seen him he was pretty high also.

Beard

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
fred bentivegna said:
That sumbitch chased me all around DCC trying to get me down. He eventually even asked to play banks. The knockers did him in, however. Heard he played real good but I forgot his name. Every time I seen him he was pretty high also.

Beard

Hehe, okay you got me.... knockers - knockers - 11 definitions - See [tits], [hooters], [bazookas], [bazongas]... same thing. He lost because of boobs?
hahaha, maybe you can explain that one a little more...:D

Somebody must know who he is?

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
levartze said:
I watched this person:

Bob

I was going to refer you to AZBill ...but, after looking, I guess DCC is another of those piffle contests where they do not bother to track the brackets .... too bad ... so sad.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
I was going to refer you to AZBill ...but, after looking, I guess DCC is another of those piffle contests where they do not bother to track the brackets .... too bad ... so sad.

not sure what you mean by that. If you go to the azbilliards.com website, right under the main pictures they cycle thru on the news, there is a picture of a horseshoe with Derby City Classic written over it, still up there a over a month later.

Here's who Jose played in the onepocket rounds

One Pocket Results:
<TABLE border=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH>Round</TH><TH>Winner</TH><TH>Loser</TH></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Aaron Mann (1)</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Bruce Perry (1) [10.2]</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Dennis Spears (1) [5.2]</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Barry Boney (2)</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Robb Saez (0) [45.9]</TD><TD>Jose Parica (1) [36.6]</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Jose Parica (1) [36.6]</TD><TD>Mitch Yarbrough (2) [10]</TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Jose Parica (1) [36.6]</TD><TD>Robb Saez (2) [45.9]</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Nick Vita (0) [55]</TD><TD>Jose Parica (2) [36.6]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
CaliRed said:
not sure what you mean by that. If you go to the azbilliards.com website, right under the main pictures they cycle thru on the news, there is a picture of a horseshoe with Derby City Classic written over it, still up there a over a month later.

Here's who Jose played in the onepocket rounds

One Pocket Results:
<TABLE border=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH>Round</TH><TH>Winner</TH><TH>Loser</TH></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Aaron Mann (1)</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Bruce Perry (1) [10.2]</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Dennis Spears (1) [5.2]</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jose Parica (0) [36.6]</TD><TD>Barry Boney (2)</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Robb Saez (0) [45.9]</TD><TD>Jose Parica (1) [36.6]</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Jose Parica (1) [36.6]</TD><TD>Mitch Yarbrough (2) [10]</TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Jose Parica (1) [36.6]</TD><TD>Robb Saez (2) [45.9]</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Nick Vita (0) [55]</TD><TD>Jose Parica (2) [36.6]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dennis Spears! That's who he is! Thanks CaliRed! Now I can put a picture up with his name on it - Thanks again! :) Bob:D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
levartze said:
Hehe, okay you got me.... knockers - knockers - 11 definitions - See [tits], [hooters], [bazookas], [bazongas]... same thing. He lost because of boobs?
hahaha, maybe you can explain that one a little more...:D

Somebody must know who he is?

looking at the picture, I don't see any knockers on him, of any substance.... Shouldn't be any reason to dodge him, if he was sporting them, though.:D

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
CaliRed said:
looking at the picture, I don't see any knockers on him, of any substance.... Shouldn't be any reason to dodge him, if he was sporting them, though.:D

I was talking to someone else earlier this evening and he told me that knockers could also be people knocking out his action - so he wasn't flying under the radar! :) I guess that's a new one for me to learn... :D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
levartze said:
I was talking to someone else earlier this evening and he told me that knockers could also be people knocking out his action - so he wasn't flying under the radar! :) I guess that's a new one for me to learn... :D

Oh, I thought you knew that, and was just giving him crap! Well, I was 75% sure you knew that. Well, now my joke's no good. I thought everyone knew what "Knockers" meant.... it's the tush-hog that was new to me.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
levartze said:

Knockers=coattail pullers = pool detectives= The nice quite ones are called the "velvet hammer"

CaliRed said:
it's the tush-hog that was new to me

Tougher than your average hog, sometimes armed with tusks or some other weapon. Have been known to "gorilla" or "Bogart" weaker subjects.
Rod.

Attachments

• javalina.jpg
    javalina.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Knockers=coattail pullers = pool detectives= The nice quite ones are called the "velvet hammer"

Tougher than your average hog, sometimes armed with tusks or some other weapon. Have been known to "gorilla" or "Bogart" weaker subjects.
Rod.

Tush-Hog...AKA T.J. Parker...Is he still alive Rod ? I once witnessed a guy come in his joint, with a .357, all pilled up and threatening to kill TJ...TJ started throwing pool balls at him...the guy retreated out the back door...never even got a shot off.
Another time, I saw him hit Ray Humphrey so hard, Ray's ring flew off.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
AKA T.J. Parker...Is he still alive Rod ? I once witnessed a guy come in his joint, with a .357, all pilled up and threatening to kill TJ...TJ started throwing pool balls at him...the guy retreated out the back door...never even got a shot off.
Another time, I saw him hit Ray Humphrey so hard, his ring flew off.

SJD, No he's passed on. He was one of a kind. He was still working at Reds when they had the big tournament. He was the bouncer there and was in his 70's. I worked for him for about a year and saw so many unbelieveable things that if I wrote them down, nobody would believe them.
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
androd said:

We had a guy in El Monte we called The Velvet Hammer. He made quite a bit of $$ on me steering me around in the early to mid 60's. If I was playing a stranger he didn't think I could beat, he would make the most god awful face you ever saw to make sure I knew I was nutted up.

One of these times was when Buttermilk brought Cornbread Red in. I saw the face & pulled up before I lost much.

I never got to see Red play much, but I don't think stalling was his game. The sneer on his face when he played a low level player like me was enough to scare you off.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sterling Ward, "Buttemilk"

Sterling Ward, "Buttemilk"

jrhendy said:
We had a guy in El Monte we called The Velvet Hammer. He made quite a bit of $$ on me steering me around in the early to mid 60's. If I was playing a stranger he didn't think I could beat, he would make the most god awful face you ever saw to make sure I knew I was nutted up.

One of these times was when Buttermilk brought Cornbread Red in. I saw the face & pulled up before I lost much.

I never got to see Red play much, but I don't think stalling was his game. The sneer on his face when he played a low level player like me was enough to scare you off.

Buttermilk spent most of his tawdry career hustling bars here in Chicago. Moved to LA and went to Mexico to marry a 13 year old. He divorced his first Mexican wife because she got a little too old (about 21). The story gets worse, but I'll stop here.

Beard