A Great One Pocket player passes! Clem Metz

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
THat shot isnt worth two cents. And if some one shoots it with the object ball that far frome the rail is redicoulous.

And I would love too play someone from that position shooting that shot. That shot is a complete no go.

Its not realistick and its a horrable shot. And its a good ticky playing tree coushion because it takes you wright too the corner. Wright in the corner to scratch.

And thier is a perfect and easy shot too shoot with no scratch and more controle. Over the cue ball and object balls.

THe shot I would shoot from thier is the correct shot too shoot.

And if you want too shoot these off the wall shots. THat have no controle. Go ahead and give the game away.

I will let Billy shoot that shot when I see him. I am dieing too see what happines when he shoots it. So get a lot off practice on the shot.

So when I see you you will mo howe to execuite the shot . THats shooting up in the air. And I waht to see you controle the shot too .

Its only a few days away. BUt the shot is a lemon. Unless the object ball is close too the rail. Its imposable too controle. And if you ask a 3 coushion player. He will tell you that its almost imposable too control the cue ball like that.

In three coushion its ok because its a good ticky. And comeing out off the corner. Not stoping thier. Makes it a good shot too score on.

But in one pocket I would never tell someone too shoot that shot unless I was betting on the other guy.

Artie, if you read my original post concerning this shot I explained that this shot will show a lot, and if the object ball is from 6" to 12" away from the side rail it's a good shot. Naturally the further the object ball is away from the side rail the more difficult the shot is but even at 12" it's a reasonably good option.

I just went to my table to shoot this shot and I agree at 12" it's too tough, but anywhere from 3" to 8" this shot is a very good option.

In the illustration that Cali drew up the object ball is at most 8" from the side rail making it a good option.:)

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Artie, if you read my original post concerning this shot I explained that this shot will show a lot, and if the object ball is from 6" to 12" away from the side rail it's a good shot. Naturally the further the object ball is away from the side rail the more difficult the shot is but even at 12" it's a reasonably good option.

I just went to my table to shoot this shot and I agree at 12" it's too tough, but anywhere from 3" to 8" this shot is a very good option.

In the illustration that Cali drew up the object ball is at most 8" from the side rail making it a good option.:)

Billy I.

When you come to las vegas. I want you too shot it for me. Maybe if Lenny is her. H

He will be good enough to tape it. And make sure you get a lot off practice on this shot.

Because the shot is far from a give me. But we will get it on tape.

I dont see howe you are going too get back too the rail. Like you think and then go behind the other ball.

I guess Im from Missourie seeing is beliving. Diagrams and talk dont get it.

If it did than you would win. Because off the diagram. And you are a semie pro talker. On your good days when your not thinking too much.

Youre even better. Are you in stroke for John. Or are you going too be a speck tater.

Are you in the tournement??? They older we get the shorter the days get.

And it gets harder and harder too make balls. And if you have health problems.

Thier is no cure for playing 8 and out anymore. I think Lenny said he was going too be her.

But I dont no. He has been getting around pretty good. Is youre Cheff comeing too ruite for you.

A good meal might help youre game.

They have so meny barr tournements going on next week. And Three coushion tournement. And one pocket tournement.

Its going too be imposable too see all those games. Pool has realy growen a lot.

And thier are meny great players all over the world nowe. Dont practice that shot too much.

You will get out off stroke. If you are in the tournement. Thats the game I need to comontate. When you are playing.

Because you cant play and commontate both can you.

cuesmith

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Cali, we can officially refer to this type of kick as the Clem Metz kick. So anytime it comes up and i'm commentating i'll say the Clem Metz kick is available.:cool:

Billy I.

I think that's appropriate. I can't wait for the situation to arise for me in a game. I've set it up on my table and found it's not really as difficult to get a good result with this shot as one might think. Clem gave me a few lessons or at least watched me

practice and made suggestions. Also told me of times, (afterwards of course) I screwed up and overlooked a really good 2 way shot when I was gambling. I used to have a regular poker game at my house which Clem played at most every week.

Sometimes before enough people showed up to get the game started we'd go down to my basement/shop and play a few games of one-pocket. Clem was well past his prime at this point and almost never picked up a stick at the pool room, but he still

played pretty sporty and you could tell that there had once been a greatness in his game. I asked him once how he knew what was the best place to play his opponent safe. He told me that he would look around the table and imagine that he was his

opponent and think of where he'd least like to be shooting from, then figure out a good way of putting him there while improving his layout. Clem was certainly no angel but he was a true "old school" hustler. He also verified the fact that he'd on occasion,

taken back money he'd lost. He told me of a time when he played a guy who owned a poolroom that was a well known sucker. He gave him the wild 8 when he could probably have spotted him the 5 6 7 & 8 and the breaks. Clem was on short money and

had bet $500 which was all he had on the first set. They played a race to 7 which was his mistake. The guy made the 8 or 9 5 times and rode the money balls a couple of more times and shit them in and actually beat Clem 7-0. Clem told me that he went

out to his car and got his pistol and went back in. He told the guy to give him not only his $500 back but also the $500 the sucker had put up. He said he explained to the guy that he may think he's getting robbed but it wasn't really the way it seemed.

He said "You had no chance to beat me at that game, but you just got lucky. I'm only taking what I feel should have been mine!" He actually believed he was in the right in that spot! lol RIP Clem!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
cuesmith said:
I think that's appropriate. I can't wait for the situation to arise for me in a game. I've set it up on my table and found it's not really as difficult to get a good result with this shot as one might think. Clem gave me a few lessons or at least watched me

practice and made suggestions. Also told me of times, (afterwards of course) I screwed up and overlooked a really good 2 way shot when I was gambling. I used to have a regular poker game at my house which Clem played at most every week.

Sometimes before enough people showed up to get the game started we'd go down to my basement/shop and play a few games of one-pocket. Clem was well past his prime at this point and almost never picked up a stick at the pool room, but he still

played pretty sporty and you could tell that there had once been a greatness in his game. I asked him once how he knew what was the best place to play his opponent safe. He told me that he would look around the table and imagine that he was his

opponent and think of where he'd least like to be shooting from, then figure out a good way of putting him there while improving his layout. Clem was certainly no angel but he was a true "old school" hustler. He also verified the fact that he'd on occasion,

taken back money he'd lost. He told me of a time when he played a guy who owned a poolroom that was a well known sucker. He gave him the wild 8 when he could probably have spotted him the 5 6 7 & 8 and the breaks. Clem was on short money and

had bet $500 which was all he had on the first set. They played a race to 7 which was his mistake. The guy made the 8 or 9 5 times and rode the money balls a couple of more times and shit them in and actually beat Clem 7-0. Clem told me that he went

out to his car and got his pistol and went back in. He told the guy to give him not only his $500 back but also the $500 the sucker had put up. He said he explained to the guy that he may think he's getting robbed but it wasn't really the way it seemed.

He said "You had no chance to beat me at that game, but you just got lucky. I'm only taking what I feel should have been mine!" He actually believed he was in the right in that spot! lol RIP Clem!

Glad it wasn't me, or I'd have been shot, or dead...or still had my $1000...I can not see perpetuating those stories about Clem...and there are a lot of them...It does nothing for his memory, and makes him look like a cheap thug, (which I guess he was)...who just happened to be damn good at pool.

Too many guys like him,...may be the reason pool is still where it is today..Tush Hog backers, also contributed to pools demise..JMHO..:(

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
These stories do seem to be a part of "who Clem was". I don't see OnePocket.org as a place where it needs to be sugar coated. Sonny Springer also spent time in federal prison; he told me that one time he looked up from a meal and there was Clem, on the other side of the room. By the same token, I don't think I asked Sonny what he was in for... or what Clem was in for.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
NH Steve said:
These stories do seem to be a part of "who Clem was". I don't see OnePocket.org as a place where it needs to be sugar coated. Sonny Springer also spent time in federal prison; he told me that one time he looked up from a meal and there was Clem, on the other side of the room. By the same token, I don't think I asked Sonny what he was in for... or what Clem was in for.

They were likely innocent. Everybody I was in jail with was.:p

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
They were likely innocent. Everybody I was in jail with was.:p

Not everyone is innocent but some are. Depends on the curcumstances.

And the goverment gets good attorneys. Free And If they loose a case they still dont pay back the money the person spent to represent himself.

When the goverment looses thier case the should have too pay back the money the person spent defending himself.

And the goverment gets too have all free representation. And uses the tax payers money.

Why cant the people being charged do the same thing. And they can breack you on attonrneys fees. And never even charge you with a crime.

Thats a hell off a system. THe tell you youre not under arrest. Its only a investigation. Yet the take youre money.

And once they have the money. waether you are innocent or guilty they domnt want too give you back youre money.

And they bust you out in court. And they look for 30 counts too try too find you guilty in. If you are guilty in one you are guilty in all off them.

And howe can they take someones money and not charge you with anything.

And tell you that you are free too go and you are not under arest. But the hold on too all the money they grabed. In the investigation.

Thats a beautifull law they made. Its like a home invasion they come in and take youre money and then they want too keep it.

And you have no power and they have all the power and money. And they do whatever they want.

They call that freedom and Justice. To take youre money before they have any charges against you.

What do you call that.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Not everyone is innocent but some are. Depends on the curcumstances.

And the goverment gets good attorneys. Free And If they loose a case they still dont pay back the money the person spent to represent himself.

When the goverment looses thier case the should have too pay back the money the person spent defending himself.

And the goverment gets too have all free representation. And uses the tax payers money.

Why cant the people being charged do the same thing. And they can breack you on attonrneys fees. And never even charge you with a crime.

Thats a hell off a system. THe tell you youre not under arrest. Its only a investigation. Yet the take youre money.

And once they have the money. waether you are innocent or guilty they domnt want too give you back youre money.

And they bust you out in court. And they look for 30 counts too try too find you guilty in. If you are guilty in one you are guilty in all off them.

And howe can they take someones money and not charge you with anything.

And tell you that you are free too go and you are not under arest. But the hold on too all the money they grabed. In the investigation.

Thats a beautifull law they made. Its like a home invasion they come in and take youre money and then they want too keep it.

And you have no power and they have all the power and money. And they do whatever they want.

They call that freedom and Justice. To take youre money before they have any charges against you.

What do you call that.

I got onr off my greatest complements in life from. this guy Frank. He said He belongs in her.

I dont. And I will never forget it. And he said the only one he trusts is his dog.

And he said look he said I can still look in the mirror and see myself.

He saud anything you do in life do it yourself. Nobody can give you up that way.

He loved reading Loomis cowboy books. I got along better with him then anyone in my life.

And I was probable the only person he trusted.

He was truly one off a kind. And we would play double deck pinochale and he wouldt take nobody for a partner but me.

And he could do whatever he wanted. Nobody ever said no too him.

But thier are some innocent people who go too jail. And I even ended up catching TB.

In a prison I wasant even supose too go too. Who pays for that mistake.

I guess its me. Dont worry about the goverment doing the wright thing.

Because it will never happen. But we are all her just visiting. And we are lucky too be her.

Thats all I can say.

cuesmith

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Cali, we can officially refer to this type of kick as the Clem Metz kick. So anytime it comes up and i'm commentating i'll say the Clem Metz kick is available.:cool:

Billy I.

Billy, I was talking to Billy Carrelli yesterday and we talked about Clem and this thread. He told me that the last time he saw Clem they had talked for a couple of hours reminiscing and Clem diagrammed a shot just about like the one you're referring to and told Billy that it was his favorite shot in one pocket. He said it was very effective and he like the reaction he got when he used it in a game. People don't expect it and sometimes "takes the wind out of their sails".

Billy C also told me about a time when he was about 21 years old when he been robbing the local kids in a bar here in Cincinnati. One of the kids told him several times that when his uncle came to town he was going to bring him in to rob Billy C in revenge. He said one day. sure enough, in he comes with you in tow. He said you quickly dispatched him and when you were done he asked for the 7 ball to keep playing. You, he said, seemed not to like taking advantage of a kid and declined. He told me that he was so glad you didn't take him up on it because he'd just asked for the game out of pride after getting beaten badly and he knew he couldn't win even with the 7. He said that you shot every shot like you were mad at the balls, rocketing them to the back of the pocket. You gave him a taste of humility and he quit picking on weaker players. LOL He did go on to be a pretty good shortstop. He used to play Gary with a ball playing one pocket and didn't have to lose.