2014 MIH - Hohmann v SVB

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
since the 9/11 conspiracies (plural) have been put to rest....:eek::sorry....here's something else....no tin foil caps necessary....;)

----------

2014 MIH at Sandcastle - Thorsten Hohmann v Shane Van Boening - exchange of a couple moves....

First rack, ball count 1-1, Hohmann to shoot.

WWYD?

1.jpg

:)

unoperro

Verified Member
Kick at the outer 1/2 of the 9.

Aim short and put tip of left on it.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Intentional, roll em up on the head rail. If I can open up one of those 4 balls next to cue ball and get to the head rail, that's my first choice.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Kick at the outer 1/2 of the 9.

Aim short and put tip of left on it.

hitting a ball in open space that precisely is above my pay grade
unless i had no other choice
i would take a foul and kick into the cluster softly
jmho
icbw

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
hitting a ball in open space that precisely is above my pay grade
unless i had no other choice
i would take a foul and kick into the cluster softly
jmho
icbw

My guess, SVB will just 3 rail kick and put you back to where you were. Now your playing him 9-8 and what have you gained?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Back cut the 9 one rail, too the head rail, into the 3/7. Lots of left spin, cue ball Z three rails, ends up close to Hohmanns side rail a half diamond from the head rail

youngstown

Verified Member
2014 MIH - Hohmann v SVB

If the 2-11-4 is lined up so that the 4 will carom towards my pocket then I might kick the 2 sending CB up table.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2014 MIH - Hohmann v SVB

Back cut the 9 one rail, too the head rail, into the 3/7. Lots of left spin, cue ball Z three rails, ends up close to Hohmanns side rail a half diamond from the head rail

I’m takin off with the pilot on this one.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like kicking into the stack as well to push those balls towards my hole, I may make one and hope to get the CB up table some place

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The 9 being where it is after the shot offers allot of protection for your table side. Once up table with the 9 ''still there'', your opponent has very limited access to drive balls towards his pocket. Also there appears the possibility of the high speed back and forth Z cue ball contacting the 9 . Be nice to have a camera shot from the pocket towards the 9, to actually see the layout. Once the 9 is moved, incoming player has a much better chance of getting back safely to the foot rail. What would the crabster do? :eek:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
if it is available I would like to just cost of the 12 hard enough to bank it so both balls have clear pocket and going between stack and the 9 to end up on the brunswick

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Defend the backdoor kick

Defend the backdoor kick

Thin the six. This pushes the 2 out a little and maybe useful if I get in the balls. Up top near the pocket is my target and no matter what I do I will not let him see the red zone for an easy backdoor safety. Even at the risk of no rail.
The rest of the balls I don't want to touch because the favor me as blockers or scoring balls.

Taking an intentional foul behind the stack is useless. Like mentioned by others he simply kicks back two or three rails and you are on the first foul.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0

youngstown

Verified Member
2014 MIH - Hohmann v SVB

Thin the six. This pushes the 2 out a little and maybe useful if I get in the balls. Up top near the pocket is my target and no matter what I do I will not let him see the red zone for an easy backdoor safety. Even at the risk of no rail.

The rest of the balls I don't want to touch because the favor me as blockers or scoring balls.

Taking an intentional foul behind the stack is useless. Like mentioned by others he simply kicks back two or three rails and you are on the first foul.

I like it. Pop the 2 out just enough to have a bank on it so he can’t just kick off bottom rail under control. Nice look.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA

This is an excellent choice. Simple to execute and potentially devastating.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The 9 being where it is after the shot offers allot of protection for your table side. Once up table with the 9 ''still there'', your opponent has very limited access to drive balls towards his pocket. Also there appears the possibility of the high speed back and forth Z cue ball contacting the 9 . Be nice to have a camera shot from the pocket towards the 9, to actually see the layout. Once the 9 is moved, incoming player has a much better chance of getting back safely to the foot rail. What would the crabster do? :eek:
Those are my thoughts too, Bill. I look at the 9 as a "guard ball". So I'd likely thin off the 6, and take whitey uptable, similar to what Nick suggested. As it is, the opponent has nothing open, so I wouldn't want to help him out by kicking into the stack.

~Doc

unoperro

Verified Member
You roll that 2 out he comes back off the 2 and leaves you back where you were.

Only diff is now he has that 2 ball on his side.