WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
It’s your shot. Your pocket is by the red ❌ and you are in a tough spot. You are up in the game 1-0 but…. The 1-2 is dead in his hole and the 2 is also frozen. I was so stymied that I stopped to take a pic and ask for help! lol. Wwyd??

IMG_2773.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
..I like playing a back-cut on the 12 (10?) with upper-right open stroke to pocket the ball
leaving for a good bank on the 8 (the right angle could drop the 2 and leave you shooting at the 1). - actually maybe sweet..

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I am banking the stripe {11} ?and running the cueball through the space to go to the rail and freeze full on the 10 You need to move the 11 or he will play off it and put you back there on his shot, and your in worse trouble.
Jimmys shot can work too , but I don't like shooting away my money on a shot that has more than 1 very difficult part, ie need a great shot removing all 3 balls, then rolling to a great safe afterward.
Tough , even for the best players.

unoperro

Verified Member
Come off the stripe in front of the 10/5 and nudge the 10 leaving whitey behind the 5 and hope my opponent has a brain fart.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I see at least three possibilities here, None good but then again....
First choice, put all your efforts into the cut on the 12. If you're going down the tubes at least take a shot at your hole. It's not that bad a cut angle. At least you don't need to be concerned with the possibility of a scratch.

Second option, and this ain't easy but I've seen Efren pull this off numerous times. Skim off the left side of the 11, run the cue ball to the top rail and back on top of the 11. Pull this off and you live for at least one more inning. You're on your own from there, Kiddo.

Third option, and again you're in the thick of it here but do you think you could run the cue ball up and down, short rail, short rail and into the hanging balls? It looks like there may be a clear path for that option.
Good luck, you need it. Otherwise, The Ghost's suggestion isn't a bad one.
Personally, I don't like cutting at the 12 but that's what I would do over all the other options.

Tom​

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm going to go thin off the 3 ball and go down to hit the 1 and knock down the 2 - just enough speed to let the 1 hit the short rail and leave the area, going my way. The 1 is a large target and the shot is not really that difficult. Go get 'em, Jojo! Ralph! Ralph! Bowwow!

There will be no rest as long as the 2 ball hangs there in the jaws. Gotta make this effort.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: lll

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I am banking the stripe {11} ?and running the cueball through the space to go to the rail and freeze full on the 10 You need to move the 11 or he will play off it and put you back there on his shot, and your in worse trouble.
Jimmys shot can work too , but I don't like shooting away my money on a shot that has more than 1 very difficult part, ie need a great shot removing all 3 balls, then rolling to a great safe afterward.
Tough , even for the best players.
Good logic as usual Billy. Thanks. Not what I went with and I wouldn’t have considered the 11 factor. Thanks.

Reactions: lll