Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
What am I, chopped liver🤣🛩
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield🤪 I enjoyed our short match in Vegas, even though I wasn’t the person you were looking for🤣
JT

I will be showing up Wednesday pm and I hope we have a chance to continue our short lil match we had in Pensacola last year. I think it was quite rare to have run into you like that, but enjoyed it very much. I feel like you did'nt have a chance to get into it cause you were under some timing pressure. Looking forward to seeing you.... :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
JT

I will be showing up Wednesday pm and I hope we have a chance to continue our short lil match we had in Pensacola last year. I think it was quite rare to have run into you like that, but enjoyed it very much. I feel like you did'nt have a chance to get into it cause you were under some timing pressure. Looking forward to seeing you.... :)
Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang and a few new faces.

FreeMoney

Verified Member
One of my buddies is not a tournament player, but he would be interested in coming down if there was some action. He's scare that if he goes down there, no one would wanna play lol, as ridiculous as that may sound. I see now that this shouldn't be a problem lol
There will be action & if he wants to play; I'm we can make that happen. There will be people coming in days early just for the action.

FreeMoney

Verified Member
What am I, chopped liver🤣🛩
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield🤪 I enjoyed our short match in Vegas, even though I wasn’t the person you were looking for🤣
Yes Jim, you too can get action:) It was a pretty even match in Vegas & I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
One of my buddies is not a tournament player, but he would be interested in coming down if there was some action. He's scare that if he goes down there, no one would wanna play lol, as ridiculous as that may sound. I see now that this shouldn't be a problem lol
Can I get your buddies name so I can tell you what kind of action he can get, if any?

JeaLouS44

Verified Member
From
FL
Hello all,
I after reviewing my finances multiple times, I could not figure a way to attend. Keep the money in the pot.
I will be watching, good luck to all.

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
What does anyone/everyone think about the number of players signed up, better yet lack there of.
What are some reasons yall think it aint close to filling up yet.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
What does anyone/everyone think about the number of players signed up, better yet lack there of.
What are some reasons yall think it aint close to filling up yet.

Norfolk is expensive in the summer.

That some guys might have slept making reservations when the event was announced would be a cost multiplier and made them reconsider now.

Anytime there’s an event at the extreme north, west, south, or north of the country it becomes more difficult for many guys to get there.

The drip, drip, drip of well known members dropping out one-by-one has a cascade effect and diminishes the desire of other members to attend.

Did I mention Norfolk is expensive in the summer?

Lou Figueroa

chicagomike

Verified Member
I’m not going to make it either…slept the fact that my wife booked us a getaway in Colorado some time ago. If I bailed on this getaway I’m sure I would have no problem being able to attend every tournament from now on…😂😂😂

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Lou, I did book when announced and got decent room rates. I will be there for sure AND ready for action. There is so much to do in

the Norfolk area. Should be plenty of great matchups. Hope to see all members that make the tournament. Someone might want to reach out

to my road buddy, Warren. He is sure thinking about playing and wants to. Paula is going with me. We are making it a 2 week

road trip.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I also booked when the tournament was announced. Everything in America had gone up with the gas prices. It's just crazy out there, in more ways than one.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Wasn't talking about the smart cookies -- just the guys who slept it, which I suspect are more than a few.

I actually have a flight, hotel, and car booked -- Gail made me do it a long time ago, as she does for any tournament I happen to mention at the dinner table. Months ago she said, "I don't want you crying at the last moment and saying you want to go and everything is way more expensive."

: -)

But frankly, with such a poor turn out, I'll find something else to do.

Lou Figueroa
da wife
is a smart
cookie

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Wasn't talking about the smart cookies -- just the guys who slept it, which I suspect are more than a few.

I actually have a flight, hotel, and car booked -- Gail made me do it a long time ago, as she does for any tournament I happen to mention at the dinner table. Months ago she said, "I don't want you crying at the last moment and saying you want to go and everything is way more expensive."

: -)

But frankly, with such a poor turn out, I'll find something else to do.

Lou Figueroa
da wife
is a smart
cookie
You can have the lifetime action membership with me🤣 I’ll bring extra for you

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
There are also the ongoing questions of eligibility for playing in our MOT's. There have been some recommendations to tighten eligibility requirements, at the same time our numbers have not been trending particularly strong. That combination could be bringing a chilling effect to our attendance. We also have a Facebook group that is pretty active with over 4000 members -- many of which you will recognize from here posting/commenting there if you visit there. So there are different ways to participate in One Pocket conversations -- especially trending for younger people. The day is coming, if it is not here already, that we need to look at our Facebook group participation in conjunction with participation here in the forums for our eligibility requirements for MOT's.