At Hard Times: One pocket

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm impressed by your show-card. It at least implies that you are serious in what you are doing. Too often an image is bummed up in haste and fails to perform. A buck well spent . . . (y)

Maxwell

Verified Member
Very impressive contribution to the Sacramento one pocket scene from eastern supporters. Hard Times owners have shown themselves to be among the best in the country so the draw of players should be strong. As a local I can't wait.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Streaming will be free to the public. We believe that the free stream is the key to growing interest and knowledge in one pocket. You can't love a game you don't understand, right? We hope that the free stream model can be duplicated once we get better heeled sponsors into one pocket. And the sports books look like they are pretty well heeled.

Last edited:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
thanks
personally i think if you make a ball and scratch normal rules should apply
JMHO
As long as it took to agree on the rule, it would be a nightmare to rehash it. Bright line rule. You make it in your hole, rerack, no matter what else happens. Any other pocket, play on. Simplest rule.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
As long as it took to agree on the rule, it would be a nightmare to rehash it. Bright line rule. You make it in your hole, rerack, no matter what else happens. Any other pocket, play on. Simplest rule.
i understand simplest
hard for me to reward the player who scratched
i play by the rules even if i dont like them....:)

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
thanks
personally i think if you make a ball and scratch normal rules should apply
JMHO
Why kick this dead horse? Besides, the chance of making a ball in your pocket AND scratching are probably thousands to 1. I've never even seen it happen, have you?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Why kick this dead horse? Besides, the chance of making a ball in your pocket AND scratching are probably thousands to 1. I've never even seen it happen, have you?
i was not trying to kick a dead horse sheldon
tournament directors can play by whatever rules they choose
thats why i asked the question
and i have seen it happen

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
i was not trying to kick a dead horse sheldon
tournament directors can play by whatever rules they choose
thats why i asked the question
and i have seen it happen
lll,

I completely agree with you...why do people feel the need to change things that do not need changing? Before we had a re-rack rule if you broke and scratched, even if you made a ball, your inning was OVER. On ANY other shot throughout the game, if you scratch, even tho you pocket a ball, your inning is OVER. Those are and have been the official and accepted rules of the game for as long as I can remember. It's only the "it's all about me" generation that must have it their way, and make changes to the game and succeed because so many others just don't care and can play with any rules. That's how we end up here. Before you know it the entire OP world will adopt this silly rule that forgives a scratch just because you luck in a ball. There is NO advantage to doing this and NO good reason.....JMHO.. :)

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Sheldon,

Forgive me, but I think your comment is an example of what I said above to Larry. You just don't care what rules they change or why, it appears. That's your right, but it is also how these things come about and turn into accepted practice. In the end this change serves NO purpose at all. The game was designed, among other things, to give you a slight advantage when you break, but also to put you at risk should you scratch. I would love to hear a "reasoned" explanation as to why this is good for the game.

Reactions: lll