Xenforo Test Forums for OnePocket.org

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey all, as Steve mentioned in the other thread, we are looking at a whole new software package for onepocket.org. Its called Xenforo and seems to be pretty nifty and a lot of people have upgraded from VBulletin (what we are using now) to this new platform with positive results.

We have a test forum set up (its only up for 3 days!)

So if you get a chance, please go sign up there and do some test posts,m upload pics, reply, change your settings, preferences, or whatever you want to mess with.

We are looking for feedback, thanks in advance!

Here is the demo forums:

https://3ea7c502ed4cb421.demo-xenforo.com/

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
After I registered, I was going to do a test reply, but a box said that I "don't have sufficient privileges to post here".
Also I don't see where a guy can change his settings. But the format is reminiscent of our older one, so that's a good thing...:D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
After I registered, I was going to do a test reply, but a box said that I "don't have sufficient privileges to post here".
Also I don't see where a guy can change his settings. But the format is reminiscent of our older one, so that's a good thing...:D

Worked great for me and i like the picture uploads. Maybe i got lucky and pushed the right buttons.:eek:
I didn't have any luck trying , but it would be really nice if you could upload a video straight from your phone or laptop. We could really do some cool stuff

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I logged in and did not find the button to allow me to add a comment in an existing thread. I see the button to use if I wanted to start a thread in a group (like one pocket), but not once I enter the thread. Am I just old and blind? :)

Dave

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
cincy, Howdy;

First try using my screen name here and password. Got this;

https://3ea7c502ed4cb421.demo-xenfor...hp?login/login

then when I attempted with email, got this;

https://3ea7c502ed4cb421.demo-xenfor...hp?login/login

then I got smart and read the top line, Using admin for both
"Name" and "Password" I got this;

https://3ea7c502ed4cb421.demo-xenfor...16p1/index.php

hank

Thanks for the feedback Hank!

It appears in all 3 screenshots, you were already logged in as "admin" so it kept telling you that. ;)

Funny part is, I was hoping people would register with their names and not use the admin login lol. Matt, Crabb and Noschool did, thanks guys!

I mean its fine either way as long as you poke around a little and give it a test run.

Thanks for doing so Hank ~

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I tried to upload a pic from my computer and it said file too large
first impression is it seems soothing to the eyes and more user friendly

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Hmm, did you register under your name doc or are you noschool? If not I dont see where you registered.

Let me know though because after registering you should be able to post fine.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Worked great for me and i like the picture uploads. Maybe i got lucky and pushed the right buttons.:eek:
I didn't have any luck trying , but it would be really nice if you could upload a video straight from your phone or laptop. We could really do some cool stuff

Yea I like it too John and your pics have been displaying perfectly, ty...

You can do that already with the video if I am understanding you correctly. To the right of the insert image button is insert video so you can put any link in there from youtube or facebook or any of them....

If you mean you used your phone to capture video of a match I would assume you would just use the attach file feature to upload it directly, however if that uploads to our server that will be an issue as we don't have tons of room for storage.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I logged in and did not find the button to allow me to add a comment in an existing thread. I see the button to use if I wanted to start a thread in a group (like one pocket), but not once I enter the thread. Am I just old and blind? :)

Dave

Hey Dave, just like this version, if you just scroll down to the bottom there is a box where you can type your post in and click reply.

If you mean to quote a specific reply, then in the bottom right hand corner of the post you can click "REPLY" to quote them, you can also add a reaction to the post by clicking the LIKE button. If you hover over the word LIKE, it gives you options to react (general ones like love, sad, angry, happy, haha, etc.).