Vote for our sponsored players!

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
My vote goes to Bernie P. he is the type of individual we should have representing us. not only has Bernie been playing extremely well but he has always conducted himself as a gentleman. keith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is our final list of player sponsor candidates, so please only choose from this list. Next tournament we can consider others.

You can comment here if you want, but please vote by Private Message to me. If you do both, I will only count your final PM vote. Any member can vote, but I am going to give equivalent* weight to those who actually contributed to the sponsorship fund. The voting will be open until midnight this Friday night.

Steve Lomako (Banks)
Ace (One Pocket or Banks)
Bernie Pettipiece (One Pocket)
Lou Figueroa (One Pocket)
onepockethacker (One Pocket)

There will be one Bank player representative and one One Pocket representative and each will have their entry and buyback covered. Additional $$ sponsorship will be split between the One Pocket and Banks.

Thank you to all who have contributed!

Greg Sullivan (both initial tournament entries)
Pelican (both buy-backs)
Lenny Marshall
lll
T Hood
Dustin Miller
Cascader
Wincardona

*I don't know the math terms, but my intent is to tally the regular member votes separately from the contributor votes and use whatever multiplier is necessary so that the contributor votes have equal value to the general votes.
Just a reminder that there are only a couple more nights for voting. Don't anyone be afraid to vote because I am going to keep the voting anonymous so no one needs to worry about whether they would disrespect one candidate or another. But if you want your vote public that is of course fine to post whatever you want (within usual OnePocket.org rules, lol) These players are all good choices!!

bernie p

Verified Member
If Rob gets the spot I want a refund! :frus

Only kidding, haha, just figured I would try and be funny...like a clown. :lol

I do like Bernie as a rep for one pocket, he is a good guy and took 7th last year, Rob will certainly kick some butt also. I have no opinion on the banks.

Lenny,

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Thanks. Bernie.

bernie p

Verified Member
My vote goes to Bernie P. he is the type of individual we should have representing us. not only has Bernie been playing extremely well but he has always conducted himself as a gentleman. keith

Keith,

Thanks for the support! Hope to see you at Derby.

Bernie.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
If Rob gets the spot I want a refund! :frus

Only kidding, haha, just figured I would try and be funny...like a clown. :lol

I do like Bernie as a rep for one pocket, he is a good guy and took 7th last year, Rob will certainly kick some butt also. I have no opinion on the banks.

Right after Lenny's post, I also picked my 'Homey', the Bern-man, and wrote a well-earned endorsement of him...Then, as I am prone to do lately, forgot to push the reply button...The gist of it was, no other player combines all the positives of, "A chance to win"--"A really good guy"--"And, a guy who will not be distracted by his $$$ action, and will give 110% to representing one pocket.org"...Go Bern ! ;)

PS..Name one player, who has to deal with 'tougher' home town action, (think Frost) on a regular basis ? :cool:
(except of course for Locomoco (sp), he has to deal with Cowboy Denise.) :eek:

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I'll put my vote in for hacker. I really enjoy his analysis, and I do feel there is a lot of "moderness" to his thinking. With him here, I feel we are getting to hear more of a what would a top player from today do, not that any one way of thinking is "better", but I feel he offers a very valuable perspective. And, from what I hear, he knows how to win, so a horse who pulls it in is nice as well.... not that the other guys can't of course.... I just haven't heard as much about their matchups.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
BILLY!

I've got this quoted before Rob can edit or erase it! LOL

Rob, buy dinner and we can both delete our posts before Billy see's them. ;)

Right, I don't think there is a larger chasm on earth than the one between a conversation with a pool player and his backer, and one between him and his opponent :heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'll put my vote in for hacker. I really enjoy his analysis, and I do feel there is a lot of "moderness" to his thinking. With him here, I feel we are getting to hear more of a what would a top player from today do, not that any one way of thinking is "better", but I feel he offers a very valuable perspective. And, from what I hear, he knows how to win, so a horse who pulls it in is nice as well.... not that the other guys can't of course.... I just haven't heard as much about their matchups.

Thanks Tyler.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would like to donate $100 to the sponsorship fund. I will give it to Steve Booth at the DCC.

I would also like to see Rob Melrose play for One Pocket.org. As much as I hate to say this, Rob gives us the best chance of winning;) After the one pocket is over i'll take 10/7 from him.:p Thanks to One Pocket.org the information spread on this site is priceless.:D:heh:lol

Dr. Bill

Thanks for your vote Billy..I appreciate that. however your finger slipped when you type in our game..... 10 to 8 see you at Derby

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is our final list of player sponsor candidates, so please only choose from this list. Next tournament we can consider others.

You can comment here if you want, but please vote by Private Message to me. If you do both, I will only count your final PM vote. Any member can vote, but I am going to give equivalent* weight to those who actually contributed to the sponsorship fund. The voting will be open until midnight this Friday night.

Steve Lomako (Banks)
Ace (One Pocket or Banks)
Bernie Pettipiece (One Pocket)
Lou Figueroa (One Pocket)
onepockethacker (One Pocket)

There will be one Bank player representative and one One Pocket representative and each will have their entry and buyback covered. Additional $$ sponsorship will be split between the One Pocket and Banks.

Thank you to all who have contributed!

Greg Sullivan (both initial tournament entries)
Pelican (both buy-backs)
Lenny Marshall
lll
T Hood
Dustin Miller
Cascader
Wincardona

*I don't know the math terms, but my intent is to tally the regular member votes separately from the contributor votes and use whatever multiplier is necessary so that the contributor votes have equal value to the general votes.
You know when you have a close race, every vote counts -- that's what we have going here. So if you have not voted yet and you want your vote to really count, get your vote in now! Either by posting here or by PM. There's just one more day (midnight Eastern time Friday)!

Deeman

Verified Member
I voted for Ace in both events but it would be great to see him in Banks and Bernie in One Pocket.

DeeMan

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Player sponsorship results

Player sponsorship results

34 Members participated in the voting. The voting was very close, but I do not see how I can show anything without revealing who people voted for. I guess you have to trust me on this, but you can kind of see the results reflected in the public comments.

I am pleased to announce that OnePocket.org will be sponsoring these two players in the 2013 Derby City Classic:

Bernie Pettipiece in One Pocket
Walter "Ace" Kelly in Banks

Everyone who voted, contributed & was in the running should all be proud and pleased with these two players representing us. Since so far, we are not repeating sponsorship to the same players, those that were not chosen for this event become favorites for future events. We hope to be able to do this again for Tunica and also for the US Open One Pocket later this year.

I am open to suggestions on how we do this in the future. I know some good ideas that have come up, including a raffle to help support the fund and give those who donate a chance to win something themselves. I also wonder about a pro-am format of some kind.