>>>>>> Derby City Classic 2012 <<<<<<

Deeman

Verified Member
Whoever is (or are) our player(s) will no doubt want to buy back anyway, so that would be great to add to what we can offer the sponsored players...

Good enough for me! Anything to give our team another chance. I'll get with there or send it whenever you need it. I can't wait. Make sure we get the onepocket.org/AZ info to everyone when available.

DeeMan

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Ok guys, another year has rolled around, and it's time to book our rooms for the 2012 DCC before they're all sold out - prices are the same as last year...
out if you really exist or not ;
I know John H. wants a re-match, and maybe we'll also finish our partners game - I know Frank wants a piece of me, after he clocked my weak game in Mountain View ;) - and I know young-straight-shooting Dudley and Tim-dog are on the improve big time, and they know I'm over-the-hill now and can't wait to take advantage of the poor old Ghost :eek: - so I'll start saving up my $$$ now so I have enough with me to donate to everybody.

- Ghosty

I'LL be your huckleberry. Same spot as Mt View 11-7.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Dcc

Dcc

I was strongly considering not going this year since I couldn't get any of the other old farts to gamble last year and didn't get any action until the last night and went off to a couple Ohio boys.

I hope Dippy stays home. IMO he ruined the action for guys like me cause the action guys were pooling their $$ to take a shot at Dippy.

There were a few players in the Action Room that would play but were taking short shots and pulling up after a couple games. You could however, get a game where you were nutted up and were probably giving odds on the $$.

BUT, I have changed my mind and Kentucky and I have reserved our room and will be there. Just hope the action is a little more active than last year or it will be tournaments only for me.

Hope The Ghost is ready to play and finish our partner game. I still have nightmares about the four banks and out he made to tie it 3/3.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sad news (again)...It is looking like I may be AWOL again this year. I can no longer fly, Lenny and I were going to drive back to the 'iceberg', called Indiana...Now it seems he can't make it.

SuperDuck <---Will find a way to get us in action, somehow (if you ain't askeered)..

And c'mon now Papie...you can't skip another year at the DCC!, and miss out on all of the fun hanging out with all of us onepocket.org guys there, and disappoint all of your fans that will want to see you...:rolleyes: - and you don't want to miss watching in person, John H. and I battling each other...;)...and don't forget you would get to see 'Freddy the Beard' in person, signing autographs in his booth..:D...that said...

...planes and cars aren't the only way to get to Louisville...all you have to do is take the train - it's the nuts - get a nice sleeper car berth, drink YK, relax and watch the scenery while tracking cross the country...

...and I'll pick you up at the train station...:)

- Ghosty

PS, Now the rest of you guys that are going, help me convince Papie to get on the train on Jan. 22nd...:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
And c'mon now Papie..
...planes and cars aren't the only way to get to Louisville...all you have to do is take the train - it's the nuts - get a nice sleeper car berth, drink YK, relax and watch the scenery while tracking cross the country...
..and I'll pick you up at the train station...:)

- Ghosty

There is a train from Flagstaff to Chicago, sleeper cost is about $240 then the cost of the ticket. Ghost will drive you from there.
Or you can do what I do and take a valium for the flight. Using my disabled placard gets me on the plane first so I can get a seat that allows me the ability to make the flight. Just show your placard and you can go through the lines easier and get on board easier.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
He and I will argue more about what to shoot than when Billy and Artie played. Even so, we would still rob you and X?. i aint as dead as I used to be.

Beard

The Chicago entry would have to be the Ghost and on down.

How about this, at Freddy's suggestion ;

Freddy and Billy I. against me and The Ghost.

I will go for it if I can talk The Ghost into it.

I don't know John...thing is, I see three problems with this match-up - the first one a minor problem, and the next two being major problems >>>

#2. I was a math whiz in school, so I was able to compute this precisely: Freddy plays one ball under us - Billy plays two balls over us --- The equation thus clearly determining that we need a one ball spot.

[/SIZE]

Hey John.....Talked to Freddy today and I said to him, "so howsabout that one ball spot that I believe John and I are entitled to, to make the partners game even?"..:heh - Freddy said, "fuggedabout it" - in english John, that means no...he then went on to say that it wasn't because of his play that they couldn't give us anything (he said he's hitting them good these days) - he said it was because Billy is over-the-hill and helpless and can't make a ball anymore..:eek:..:rolleyes:...:D

- Ghosty

PS, We haven't heard from Billy yet about this match up...:)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'll be getting to the DCC early - around 6:00 p.m. on Thursday...it's good getting there a day before the tournament starts, I recommend it - you can take your time getting settled in, it's easy to get a table, have time to get used to the tables, etc. - on Friday, things start moving fast....anybody else who's going to to get an early start and be there Thursday night and wants to meet-up and play some, let me know.

- Ghost

PS, Efren, if you're reading this - I'll play with 10-6 and the breaks...:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'll be getting to the DCC early - around 6:00 p.m. on Thursday...it's good getting there a day before the tournament starts, I recommend it - you can take your time getting settled in, it's easy to get a table, have time to get used to the tables, etc. - on Friday, things start moving fast....anybody else who's going to to get an early start and be there Thursday night and wants to meet-up and play some, let me know.

- Ghost

I should be there early too. Last year we we had a get together at the steakhouse and had a good time.

Lou organized it last time and as we get closer maybe we can put something together.

I like to get there a day early but it is a long day and am not ready for serious pool.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Be there thursday

Be there thursday

I'll be there about 5 or 6 thursday nite. I used to have a bad habit of playing for big money just as soon as I got out of the car. That aint gonna happen no mo'.

Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Booked

Booked

I will arrive on Thursday, booked through till Saturday... Really looking forward to my first Derby, and meeting a bunch of onepocket.org members...

I will be leaving south Mississippi at O dark thirty thursday morning, if anyone else wants to meet up somewhere in between Long Beach and KY... I believe the drive is about 12 hours...

Bille

Deeman

Verified Member
Heard Dippy is having woman troubles in NYC, may not be recovered enough to show!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Depends on if the rumors are true...

Depends on if the rumors are true...

Heard Dippy is having woman troubles in NYC, may not be recovered enough to show!

Dippy has a lot more than 'women' problems (or so I've heard) However, if he is anything...He is unpredictable !!..:rolleyes:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

- Ghost

PS, Efren, if you're reading this - I'll play with 10-6 and the breaks...:)

Efren called me and told me to tell you: "If you want to play, we play even and you take your lumps. BATAH". :sorry
I may have spelled BATAH wrong. When they say it, it means: you're dead.:p

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Dippy has a lot more than 'women' problems (or so I've heard) However, if he is anything...He is unpredictable !!..:rolleyes:

I hope he stays away. Lots of the action guys were out of regular action either pooling their $$ to take shots at Dippy or bet on the side with him.

He got games from some of them that all he had to do was show up to win. It will probably be tougher for him to get the nuts now but he is not good for the overall action IMO.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I hope he stays away. Lots of the action guys were out of regular action either pooling their $$ to take shots at Dippy or bet on the side with him.

He got games from some of them that all he had to do was show up to win. It will probably be tougher for him to get the nuts now but he is not good for the overall action IMO.

Too elaborate (a little) on my earlier post, My info is from a fairly reliable source... I have been told that, if the Dipster shows up at the DCC..He may be "personna non gratis" to several VERY tushy type people, who will surely be in attendence...

I wish Dippy would post something to negate these very believable 'rumors'..DR Bill, just curious, have you not heard them ??:confused:

Nosy ol' Duck..;)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

The year before the Dipster showed up there was a lot of play for guys even like me. Last year it seemed the action was tighter. A couple of guys from Chicago I have been playing were pooling their money trying to score off the Dipster. One guy who is from around my area and normally will play several times, spent most of his time in the Dipster action. If he shows, I'll be disappointed. For the guys with $50-100K in their pockets, they will be happy. If he would play for $5-10K, that would be different, but he won't. I don't play for much, $200 a game, couple of thousand for a set. I'm not a high roller, I just have an itch.:frus:frus