>>>>>> Derby City Classic 2012 <<<<<<

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I should be there early too. Last year we we had a get together at the steakhouse and had a good time.

Lou organized it last time and as we get closer maybe we can put something together.

I like to get there a day early but it is a long day and am not ready for serious pool.

hmmm... that was the Open in Vegas, John.

The steak house at the DCC is *very* good -- far better than the Riv...

Lou

SJDinPHX

Suspended
hmmm... that was the Open in Vegas, John.

The steak house at the DCC is *very* good -- far better than the Riv...

Lou

Lou,

John has become such a "tournament roadie" it is hard for him to remember which major tournament, was where..Makes me very jealous..:eek:

PS..John, do you have your plans made for the Dubai Open yet ?..Is ScrzBill sponsoring you ? Do you need a roomie, or is he going along too ?..:cool::..He seems to have unlimited funds, could he sponsor me too ? ..Does he know, I am playing VERY good now..:D

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Lou,

John has become such a "tournament roadie" it is hard for him to remember which major tournament, was where..Makes me very jealous..:eek:

PS..John, do you have your plans made for the Dubai Open yet ?..Is ScrzBill sponsoring you ? Do you need a roomie, or is he going along too ?..:cool::..He seems to have unlimited funds, could he sponsor me too ? ..Does he know, I am playing VERY good now..:D

We made a $600 score Friday in Mtn View so he may be ready to add another horse to his stable.

Between you and me though, he is starting to bug me a little. Wants to know ... Who am I playing, what game, how much and other little details instead of just keeping quiet and sending in the $$. I hate it when they want to get involved in the game making.

I told him your loss to Preacher Ronn was just a spread and not to pay any attention to it but he also watched the game with Lenny.

I had him talked into staking me against Stroud but Bill's finish in the OK tournament and his practice regimen have soured him on that one. He doesn't understand that being in the pool room and drinking a few Absolut Citrons while telling war stories keeps me in stroke and I don't need to practice.

We will be at DCC and I hope to have him straightened out by then and be in action.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
We made a $600 score Friday in Mtn View so he may be ready to add another horse to his stable.

Between you and me though, he is starting to bug me a little. Wants to know ... Who am I playing, what game, how much and other little details instead of just keeping quiet and sending in the $$. I hate it when they want to get involved in the game making.

I told him your loss to Preacher Ronn was just a spread and not to pay any attention to it but he also watched the game with Lenny.

I had him talked into staking me against Stroud but Bill's finish in the OK tournament and his practice regimen have soured him on that one. He doesn't understand that being in the pool room and drinking a few Absolut Citrons while telling war stories keeps me in stroke and I don't need to practice.

We will be at DCC and I hope to have him straightened out by then and be in action.

John, I sent the 4K you said you needed for the play Friday night by Pay Pal. It says you received it.:cool: As far as the 30K you axked me to get for the DCC, my tax attorney says I will have a big tax bill due at the end of the year getting it now. I don't understand why you need it before next week.:frus Hey, what do I know?, I'm just the stuck horse. If you can wait until after the first of the new year, then I can draw on my yearly 80K allowance.:lol We need to book some winners, so line up some more games. When is the Dubai Open? I haven't heard of that one. Teresa and I are going on a World cruise right after we return from Louisville and the cruise does go to Dubai. I will check the dates to see if they match. Is it a good idea to add another horse at this time? SJD wants to stay in AZ. Maybe we should add Bill Stroud, I could watch him practice all day.:eek:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Lou,

SJD-I have booked a suite for you in case you are able to come. The reverberations in our shared room are wall shattering. If you come to visit, bring noise canceling head sets. Teresa and I are going to Dubai on a world cruise, we'll see you there.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I know hardly anyone here knows me except the Ghost, and Freddy... However, this year I have not seen the same "woofing", and gamesmanship in setting up matchs for DCC.

So far the only game in town is the partner game between, John H., the ghost and Freddie the Beard. Don't know if Dr. Billy is playing in it or not...

Since I am probably "dead" money in the tournament, I will have lots of time to watch and or play should any of you be interested...

C'mon it is a lot more fun, reading the woofing posts than flame B.S. anyway...

Serious D player looking for a game or two...lol

Bille

P.S. I'll take the same spot from the Ghost I got last year in Chicago...

Ok Bille, you want some woofing? - I'll oblige you...

...didn't Freddy teach you any hustling and advanced-matching-up techniques while you were here? ;)...you need them, cuz the Ghost is hard to trap you know...that said...

Now you just asked me for the same spot as I gave you in Chicago...but the Ghost is ever vigilant - the Ghost is alert - the Ghost sleeps in the poolroom with one eye open...the Ghost read, and filed away the post that you made a few months ago, where you said that with all that you learned in Chicago and 6 months of practicing it all - your game has gone up 2-3 balls..:eek:...you shouldn't have boasted like that in public, where the Ghost could hear you, and take note...:D...

And meanwhile, what spot are we talking about anyway - we played with three different spots last time we played, till we found one where you where you were finally beating me - 5 balls I believe it was - 13-8...

So let's calculate: You won with 13-8, so that means the game should be 12-8...but, you said you improved by 2-3 balls, so that means the correct game is 10-8/9-8...

But the Ghost is a go-off at heart, so he will ignore the math, and overspot you, by making you this one-time offer, available only at the 2012 DCC, of...

...11-8 for a sociable $50 a game...:)

- Ghost <--------grande pescado

Ghost,
Sounds good to me... any chance with that bet I get the beard to coach?

Only if I can have either sidepocketkid or SJDuck coaching me...:D

- Gho$t

`````````````````

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
One Pocket Shirts

One Pocket Shirts

Hey Ghost,

I won't be going to the DCC this year, decided to take the savings and spend 2 months in Florida instead, but I will be watching the video streaming if it's available.

Was curious how you were doing with the sale of your one pocket t shirts?

Have a great time.

John:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hey Ghost,

I won't be going to the DCC this year, decided to take the savings and spend 2 months in Florida instead, but I will be watching the video streaming if it's available.

Have a great time.

Yeah, and I am going to miss seeing you there :(

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey Ghost,

Have a great time.

Hi John....I missed your post earlier....Steve and I will miss seeing you at the DCC this year....That is a very tough choice for a diehard pool player: DCC or 2 months in Florida...:D....If your wife had a vote in it - it's Florida for sure...:)...

Hey John...If you're going to be near lll/Larry's area at all (you could determine that), you should get together with him to play some One Pocket - I know he'd love to meet one of our forum brothers...

Have a great time down there...

- Ghost

bergencountybil

Dcc

Dcc

Hi John....I missed your post earlier....Steve and I will miss seeing you at the DCC this year....That is a very tough choice for a diehard pool player: DCC or 2 months in Florida...:D....If your wife had a vote in it - it's Florida for sure...:)...

Hey John...If you're going to be near lll/Larry's area at all (you could determine that), you should get together with him to play some One Pocket - I know he'd love to meet one of our forum brothers...

Have a great time down there...

- Ghost

I'm not going to Florida for 2 weeks, instead I'm going to the Derby City Classic. That's a vacation!!!