Daulton vs Reyes

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well Shannon didn't quite play Petie's shot, but close -- instead of using the 5-ball to do the job, Shannon elevated his cue and massed around the 5-ball directly into those two balls by Efren's hole. Like so:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-05-05_22-08-24.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-05-05_22-08-24.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is how the balls ended up, so in this position it is Efren's shot.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-05-05_22-25-38.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-05-05_22-25-38.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
NH Steve said:

What a shot. He elevated to apply inside draw english on the cue ball and kicked to hit the 4 ball first.After hitting the 4 ball the cue ball caromed into the 9 ball and the inside english with draw aided him to position the cue ball where it ended up. Now that was a pool shot.

The reason he elevated was to apply draw to the cue ball to assure himself that he wouldn't lose control of the cue ball.

After contacting the balls the draw will take and the cue ball will end up near the foot rail.

Sometimes using draw on a kick it's easier to feel the action on the cue ball, in terms of accuracy. On this particular kick it was hard for Shannon to go wrong, providing he didn't hit the pink ball thickly. Even if he would of hit the 9 ball first the draw would of than pocketed the 4 ball and he would of cleared the pocket without mishap.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
What a shot. He elevated to apply inside english on the cue ball and kicked to hit the 4 ball first.After hitting the 4 ball the cue ball caromed into the 9 ball and the inside english with draw aided him to position the cue ball where it ended up. Now that was a pool shot.

Billy I.

Shots like this one are very difficult to execute, but if you familiarize yourself with this type of a shot you may just need it to escape a trap that you couldn't otherwise. This was a special shot executed by a special player.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
Shots like this one are very difficult to execute, but if you familiarize yourself with this type of a shot you may just need it to escape a trap that you couldn't otherwise. This was a special shot executed by a special player.

Billy I.
What a great shot ! I hope the Illiterati liked it.:)
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
NH Steve said:
I guess that Reyes has another chance to put Shannon on the 1 ball again. I like that shot from this position, providing Reyes can hit the cue ball low from this position. I'm guessing he'll shoot off the 6 ball to accomplish that. He shoots shots like that one exceptionally well.

Billy I.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
shot: about 1 to 1-1/2 tip(s) left, thin cut on the 1

Greenshot_2011-05-05_22-25-38.jpg

rationale: (1) it's an easy shot. (2) move a dangerous ball to the other side of the table while putting 2 - 3 other balls in play. (3) left daulton a tough chance bank or carom while accomplishing something.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Kiss Warning

Kiss Warning

Miller said:

View attachment 2972

rationale: (1) it's an easy shot. (2) move a dangerous ball to the other side of the table while putting 2 - 3 other balls in play. (3) left daulton a tough chance bank or carom while accomplishing something.
Miller, if the 1 ball is frozen to the bottom rail your shot risks a double kiss and you would lose control of both balls.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
sappo said:
Miller, if the 1 ball is frozen to the bottom rail your shot risks a double kiss and you would lose control of both balls.

put a little middle level cue left on it and it beats the OB. probably looks that way on a diagram, set it up and shoot it a few times.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
vapros said:
Yeah, Rod, I thought it was fabulous and stupendous. :D
Vapros, Don't get yourself mixed up. When it comes to the English language you're a member of the Illuminati. :)

"Urban dictionary"
Illiterati ;
Not so secret society of people who seemingly know something about Every subject, but somehow never grasped the basic concepts of the English language.
The Illiterati have many 'good ideas' about how to make the world a better place.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
wincardona said:
What a shot. He elevated to apply inside draw english on the cue ball and kicked to hit the 4 ball first.After hitting the 4 ball the cue ball caromed into the 9 ball and the inside english with draw aided him to position the cue ball where it ended up. Now that was a pool shot.

The reason he elevated was to apply draw to the cue ball to assure himself that he wouldn't lose control of the cue ball.

After contacting the balls the draw will take and the cue ball will end up near the foot rail.

Sometimes using draw on a kick it's easier to feel the action on the cue ball, in terms of accuracy. On this particular kick it was hard for Shannon to go wrong, providing he didn't hit the pink ball thickly. Even if he would of hit the 9 ball first the draw would of than pocketed the 4 ball and he would of cleared the pocket without mishap.

Billy I.

I'm thinking he jacked up to get the angle off the end rail via a little masse. The rest of the reasons were good too.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Miller said:

View attachment 2972

I like this shot. Its a lot like the one Rod pulled on me a few threads ago and I plan to use it every time I get in a similar situation.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
petie said:
I'm thinking he jacked up to get the angle off the end rail via a little masse. The rest of the reasons were good too.

Don't fool youself, it was not a masse shot. A masse shot is much more difficult to control, in terms of accuracy, and controlling the cue ball. With a masse you would lose the cue ball, something you can't afford to have happen. The shot was executed exactly the way I described, and for the reasons I explained. That's what made the shot so inviting, the ability to control it. It was a well thought out shot that was executed equally as well.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
petie said:
I like this shot. Its a lot like the one Rod pulled on me a few threads ago and I plan to use it every time I get in a similar situation.
That's a very good shot, but in this situation it's not as good as it is normally, because of the target being smaller than it normally is. You usually shoot to go into a larger stack, if you notice that the stack is not of normal size, understanding that, your margin for error is reduced and this shot then has to be struck just about perfectly. But if your confident you can do it, go for it.

Billy I.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
wincardona said:
That's a very good shot, but in this situation it's not as good as it is normally, because of the target being smaller than it normally is. You usually shoot to go into a larger stack, if you notice that the stack is not of normal size, understanding that, your margin for error is reduced and this shot then has to be struck just about perfectly. But if your confident you can do it, go for it.

Billy I.

If I'm shootin' it, I'm using high left so I can hit a bigger chunk of it so I bank the object ball out before I get a double kiss and I don't hit it as hard as Miller did. This is because it is too easy to slip off the top of the rack and give your opponent acces to the balls near your pocket.

Having said that, I know Efren and other top players can VERY consistenly go off the 6 and put you ON, not just behind, the one. I've seen Nick do it shot after shot in practice changing the angle he had at it and changing the location of the balls. What a player. I guess I'm saying I need to practice that shot to make it mine. I'm sure you can do it too. I watched a vid of you and Grady and your cueball was very impressive.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Miller said:

View attachment 2972

If someone shoots this shot I will give them back half thier money. And I would like too see domeone shot this a execuite it and only getting one shot. Why would you even shoot this shoot.

He let the guy out iff the trap too start with. And nowe he is going too shoot another trick shot.

I thought Mike macy is the best trick shot shooter?

All you have too do is hit the ball thin on the left side and go two railrs up the table and he is in big trouble.

You dont need too shoot any trick shots. Stick too shooting simple smart shots. Dont look too do anything fancy. Its hard enough as it is shooting the correct shots.

Not going into trick shots and confusing people. Everybody on this site is not a expert.Ckeep the game simple and the basick good percentage shots.

Dont look too fly before you can jump. Execution mistakes are made by shooting shots that are hard too controle.

Shooting simple and correct shots will get the money.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Artie Bodendorfer said:
If someone shoots this shot I will give them back half thier money. And I would like too see domeone shot this a execuite it and only getting one shot. Why would you even shoot this shoot.

He let the guy out iff the trap too start with. And nowe he is going too shoot another trick shot.

I thought Mike macy is the best trick shot shooter?

All you have too do is hit the ball thin on the left side and go two railrs up the table and he is in big trouble.

You dont need too shoot any trick shots. Stick too shooting simple smart shots. Dont look too do anything fancy. Its hard enough as it is shooting the correct shots.

Not going into trick shots and confusing people. Everybody on this site is not a expert.Ckeep the game simple and the basick good percentage shots.

Dont look too fly before you can jump. Execution mistakes are made by shooting shots that are hard too controle.

Shooting simple and correct shots will get the money.

ouch and ok.

i was thinking that it was actually a pretty simple thin hit shot. i do appreciate your feedback.

what ball are you going off of to get 2 rails up table?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Miller said:
ouch and ok.

i was thinking that it was actually a pretty simple thin hit shot. i do appreciate your feedback.

what ball are you going off of to get 2 rails up table?

I think its the 4 ball. the ball is wright by the nineball. Thats the shot I would shot.

Those hard too control shots are not for me. Thats were a lot off mistakes are made.

And Eferine had him all locket up. Guess what he is not all locket up nowe.

And I would like to see some go behind the one ball. If its so easy why didnt Eferine do it.

THe qouistion was answered when he shot it.

And I dont no why he would even try that. The way the two balls were by his pocket.