Buddy Vs Jones #?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I see just one shot. The CB is not quite on the rail, so he must jack up and shoot into the 7 ball and draw the CB over near Buddy's pocket. Tell him to try not to scratch. :rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
I see just one shot. The CB is not quite on the rail, so he must jack up and shoot into the 7 ball and draw the CB over near Buddy's pocket. Tell him to try not to scratch. :rolleyes:
well vapros jeremy decided to use the 8 ball to get there
jj1.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
If Buddy can see the 9 ball that would be an option. Pocket the 9 ball and float to the top rail with the cue ball, leaving distance as an ally, and forcing Jeremy to make a good shot.

Billy I.

I see another option that would work well considering how well Buddy executes.

Buddy can shoot the 7 ball into the 14 ball sending the 14 ball across the table toward the 6 and 13 balls. He than can reposition the cue ball under the 4 ball positioned near the foot rail. WOW!!! Now that would be a possible game winner.
With this shot he would be clearing Jeremy's side and possibly creating a very strong position.

This shot is a better option than the 9 ball option, providing you can execute it.

Billy I.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Off the soid ball and frezze him to the ball on the bottom rail. Looks pretty good.

Theese guys are comeing up with some great shots. Nobody lost the cue ball yet.
artie they did make many shots in a row that were very well executed.
this hill game was a really great one pocket match with good moving and "mistake free execution" so far.
as usual the first mistake cost the player the game.
but its ..... shots away
stay tuned:)
and all of you keep commentating

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:
I see another option that would work well considering how well Buddy executes.

Buddy can shoot the 7 ball into the 14 ball sending the 14 ball across the table toward the 6 and 13 balls. He than can reposition the cue ball under the 4 ball positioned near the foot rail. WOW!!! Now that would be a possible game winner.
With this shot he would be clearing Jeremy's side and possibly creating a very strong position.

This shot is a better option than the 9 ball option, providing you can execute it.
I looked at that shot, but it doesn't look like there's enough angle to draw behind the 4. Artie's shot is a great move, and it would put JJ in a real jam.

Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
The simplest, most idiot proof shot to execute and it is an effective shot would be to go straight to the right hand side rail and back to freeze him on the 4. You might get a scratch if the clicks don't work right but you aren't taking any wild chances at leaving a runout.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
The simplest, most idiot proof shot to execute and it is an effective shot would be to go straight to the right hand side rail and back to freeze him on the 4. You might get a scratch if the clicks don't work right but you aren't taking any wild chances at leaving a runout.

This is the same as Arties shot (rub off the 4 ball ) except he doesn't take a chance on a foul and the 4 ball may further tie up the 7 and 14 balls. ;)
Rod.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Well, I might be confusing the 4 and the 7. I want to go directly to the side rail and back to the solid on the end rail and freeze him. If you rub off the other redder solid before you hit the side rail, you have to hit it perfectly. If you hit it just a little fat, you can hit the bottom rail well before the 7 ball and bounce out to where it is not blocking the 14.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
Well, I might be confusing the 4 and the 7. I want to go directly to the side rail and back to the solid on the end rail and freeze him. If you rub off the other redder solid before you hit the side rail, you have to hit it perfectly. If you hit it just a little fat, you can hit the bottom rail well before the 7 ball and bounce out to where it is not blocking the 14.

Petie, You're correct. :) If you don't think you can do it, then your shot would be fine.:p
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:
I looked at that shot, but it doesn't look like there's enough angle to draw behind the 4. Artie's shot is a great move, and it would put JJ in a real jam.

Doc
If Buddy can use the 7 and 14 balls to develop a strong position and control the cue ball that's what I look for him to do. But like you say if the angle is not there then he has a decision to make, whether to play all cue ball with Arties shot, or try to clear Jeremy's side with the 7 ball and play a little cue ball. By clearing Jeremy's side there's always a chance to make a ball and win, but you give up some of your control, but not all of it. But you will still clear Jeremy's side and that's always worth something.

This to me is a very interesting situation and there are several options worth considering. Based on how well Buddy is thinking and executing i'm almost certain that he'll choose the best one for his game.

Keep in mind even if you are able to roll under the 4 ball there are still many ways for a good player to circumvent that move. But if you elect to clear Jeremy's side, it's cleared and that shot will benefit you for quite a few shots afterward.

Even though the simplicity of positioning the cue ball under the 4 ball looks enticing, there are other shots that carry value and shouldn't be ignored.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
If Buddy can use the 7 and 14 balls to develop a strong position and control the cue ball that's what I look for him to do. But like you say if the angle is not there then he has a decision to make, whether to play all cue ball with Arties shot, or try to clear Jeremy's side with the 7 ball and play a little cue ball. By clearing Jeremy's side there's always a chance to make a ball and win, but you give up some of your control, but not all of it. But you will still clear Jeremy's side and that's always worth something.

This to me is a very interesting situation and there are several options worth considering. Based on how well Buddy is thinking and executing i'm almost certain that he'll choose the best one for his game.

Keep in mind even if you are able to roll under the 4 ball there are still many ways for a good player to circumvent that move. But if you elect to clear Jeremy's side, it's cleared and that shot will benefit you for quite a few shots afterward.

Even though the simplicity of positioning the cue ball under the 4 ball looks enticing, there are other shots that carry value and shouldn't be ignored.

Billy I.

I would like too add a little bit off info. At the end off the shots once we have disected the shot inside out.

Can someone post what the best shot whould be in that situation for the learners.

ITs Cruciale and will help if someone wants too go back and look up a sitiation for that knid off shot.

Or maybe even number them and put them in catagoy. I just think it would be better organized.

But what do I no. I was born in poland in a wagon with Bombs falling. I couldnt have knowen too much.

But I out ran the nuts thier. A lot off people cant sat that.

But it would be better organized. Not that I am. Because I even lost my phone book. Thats how well organized I am.

But we do have some pretty sharp people on her that can do almost everything.

Its up too someone who knowes and can do it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sorry artie i cant organize the shots:(
but i think showing this sequence of great moves and replies is helping everyone with the discussions and showing of the ultimate shot.
obviously we wont do the whole game shot by shot:( (jk about the frown or do the match) but until the fatal flaw its great learning for those of us that dont know everything ...yet:)
so heres what buddy did. he went off the 2 and left whitey up table
bb3.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres how he left it
its buddys shot
View attachment 2832
Larry, this is the position you initially showed, but there is a slight problem with the picture. There are only 14 visible balls that we can see. But there are actually 15 balls on the table. Many times that one ball that is not shown can make a difference in the shot selection. I'm assuming that you have the ability to show the entire table, if so the entire table shown would be better for evaluating shots.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres how he left it
jeremy's shot
View attachment 2840
If you notice in this picture the striped ball that's in front of the cue ball is the big problem for Jeremy. When you showed the original position leading to this result the striped ball was not visible. That one ball that was not visible encouraged Buddy to shoot the shot he did.

Now take that striped ball away and Jeremy has options to choose from, but with the stripe ball there his options are very few.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
heres how he left it
jeremy's shot
View attachment 2840

Its hard too see thesee angles and what numbers the balls are.I would shoor the 3 ball two rails too the second dimond and it witll hit the stripe ball and I have a chance too make a ball and if I miss He will be by the end rail doubled up with nothing too shoot.

One little role and its 8 and out. Or he can snoot the ball he is close too and shoot it into the nine ball and bring the cue ball accross the table too the irst dimond on the end rail.

And Buddy will be in real bad spot. This is another free shot too run out.

Or you can bank the 8 ball intoo the stripe ball and follow the cue ball too the rail.

The easuest shot is the second shoot. Shooting the closest ball and controling the cue ball. And the object ball.

THe strongest shot is the first shot too run out. But something will give or happen real soon.

Or I cant see the angle real good its tootough cut the ball real thin and but the cue ball by about the half a dimond and lock him up behind the stripe ball on the bottom rail.

But its hard too see the angle off the ball were the cue ball is.