Buddy Vs Jones #?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
to leave jeremy like this
View attachment 2859
Both players are executing as well as they envision, which makes this even more educational and entertaining. I just love the way Buddy lays the cue ball down, as if he were playing on the wei table.

For the most part the pictures that are offered to us to evaluate are sufficient and we can see quite a bit. But there are certain crucial angles that are not visible for us to make a judgement with. But all in all this is a very rewarding experience.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy even from the commentating booth you mentioned how sometimes buddy or jeremy hit a shot that you or danny didnt see because of limitations of angles

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
View attachment 2859

I actually believe the way the balls are positioned they favor Jeremy If you can envision the cue ball positioned on the other side of the balls on the foot rail, Budddy would be in much more trouble than Jeremy is in now.

I.m going to go out on a limb and predict that Jeremy develops a stronger position than the one that Buddyhas now. And that Jeremy will eventually win the game based off of that position.

Now if Jeremy can somehow play off the 6 ball with left spin and get to the position I was referring to, Buddy will start to feel the walls caving in.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
View attachment 2859

I actually believe the way the balls are positioned they favor Jeremy

If you can envision the cue ball positioned on the other side of the balls on the foot rail, Buddy would be in much more trouble than Jeremy is in now.

I.m going to go out on a limb and predict that Jeremy develops a stronger position than the one that Buddy has now. And that Jeremy will eventually win the game based off of that position.

Now if Jeremy can somehow play off the 6 ball with left spin and get to the position I was referring to, Buddy will start to feel the walls caving in.

If Jeremy can carom off the 6 ball it's important for Jeremy not to be satisfied in JUST positioning the cue ball on the other side but to position the cue ball close enough to the 12 ball to snooker Buddy from playing off the 13 ball and sending Jeremy up table to the right.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
I actually believe the way the balls are positioned they favor Buddy.

If you can envision the cue ball positioned on the other side of the balls on the foot rail, Jeremy would be in much more trouble than Buddy is in now.

I.m going to go out on a limb and predict that Buddy develops a stronger position than the one that Jeremy has now. And that Buddy will eventually win the game based off of that position.

Now if Buddy can somehow play off the 6 ball with left spin and get to the position I was referring to, Jeremy will start to feel the walls caving in.

If Buddy can carom off the 6 ball it's important for Buddy not to be satisfied in JUST positioning the cue ball on the other side but to position the cue ball close enough to the 12 ball to snooker Jeremy from playing off the 13 ball and sending Buddy up table to the right.

Billy I.

I went back and changed the names, now they read as they were meant to.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres how he left it
its buddys shot
View attachment 2865

If Jeremy can carom off the 6 ball it's important for Jeremy not to be satisfied in JUST positioning the cue ball on the other side but to position the cue ball close enough to the 12 ball to snooker Buddy from playing off the 13 ball and sending Jeremy up table to the right.

That's what I was afraid Jeremy might do, and now Buddy can send him up table to the right and put him in trouble.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres how he left it
its buddys shot
View attachment 2865
Had Jeremy hit the shot a little harder and snookered Buddy from the 13 ball, Buddy would of been in deep trouble.:eek: But as it stands now there's still a lot of play left with Buddy possibly being the favorite.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
heres how he left it
its buddys shot
View attachment 2865

I would bank the 5 ball if he can see it. Or go off the stripe ball by the 6 ball.

Everything is getting tighter. Or go off the sripe ball too the first dimond if the agle is were he cant make the ball in front off his pocket.

That a good shot too. But you always have too look at the angles. And dot shot a shot that you could give him a shot too run 8 and out.

And when you cut the ball too go too the end rail/ Try too make a dead combination for youreself.

On the last shot if Buddy HAll would have froze the cue ball too the 7 ball Jeronie could not have gotten out off the trap.

But people dont realixe a quater off a inch howe big a difference it makes.

And you cut off his power to get out off the trap. Because that shot is no longer avaliable.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Had Jeremy hit the shot a little harder and snookered Buddy from the 13 ball, Buddy would of been in deep trouble.:eek: But as it stands now there's still a lot of play left with Buddy possibly being the favorite.

Billy I.

In order for Buddy to gain an advantage he needs to reposition the cue ball possibly behind the 6 ball. The ball that's positioned deeply in the far top right corner. Short of that will not get the job done for Buddy. Buddy can go into the 6 ball and then to the bottom cushion, using the 10 ball to double up Jeremy.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I would bank the 5 ball if he can see it. Or go off the stripe ball by the 6 ball.

Everything is getting tighter. Or go off the sripe ball too the first dimond if the agle is were he cant make the ball in front off his pocket.

That a good shot too. But you always have too look at the angles. And dot shot a shot that you could give him a shot too run 8 and out.

And when you cut the ball too go too the end rail/ Try too make a dead combination for youreself.

On the last shot if Buddy HAll would have froze the cue ball too the 7 ball Jeronie could not have gotten out off the trap.

But people dont realixe a quater off a inch howe big a difference it makes.

And you cut off his power to get out off the trap. Because that shot is no longer avaliable.

Banking the 5 ball doesn't look like an option, I don't believe he can see enough of it to do that. But even if he could I wouldn't shoot that shot in fear of running the risk in givin Jeremy a rail first kick at the ball in front of his pocket. Buddy must play all cue ball here, and playing toward the 6 ball will accomplish that.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy you were right .jeremy let him see enough of the stripe to go uptable behind the six
like this
bb15.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
leaving him like this
its jeremys shot now
View attachment 2867
From this position Jeremy doesn't have many options. If I were Jeremy I would be thinking how I can someway end up getting the cue ball back to where Buddy shot it from. Since i'm in back of the 6 ball I can't do what I want to do on this shot, but I can start the process. If Jeremy shoots the cue ball in between the rail and the 6 ball, eventually he will be able to hit another ball and hopefully fall to the bottom rail, on Buddies side of the table.

Another option that Jeremy has is to shoot the 6 ball straight ahead and draw the cue ball to the top rail frozen to the rail around the first diamond. From there Buddy will have a shot that he won't like shooting. Buddy will then have a couple of options and most likely will end up playing safe. But if he chooses to go after the winning shot, he could just as easiiy lose with it as well. Providing Jeremy shoots the 6 ball straight ahead and draws the cue ball back.

Those are the two options I see that Jeremy has. So far this has been a very interesting and well played game. We're seeing two champions playing some great one pocket hopefully the ending will be as entertaining as it has been to this point.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
From this position Jeremy doesn't have many options. If I were Jeremy I would be thinking how I can someway end up getting the cue ball back to where Buddy shot it from. Since i'm in back of the 6 ball I can't do what I want to do on this shot, but I can start the process. If Jeremy shoots the cue ball in between the rail and the 6 ball, eventually he will be able to hit another ball and hopefully fall to the bottom rail, on Buddies side of the table.

Another option that Jeremy has is to shoot the 6 ball straight ahead and draw the cue ball to the top rail frozen to the rail around the first diamond. From there Buddy will have a shot that he won't like shooting. Buddy will then have a couple of options and most likely will end up playing safe. But if he chooses to go after the winning shot, he could just as easiiy lose with it as well. Providing Jeremy shoots the 6 ball straight ahead and draws the cue ball back.

Those are the two options I see that Jeremy has. So far this has been a very interesting and well played game. We're seeing two champions playing some great one pocket hopefully the ending will be as entertaining as it has been to this point.

Billy I.

Never give up a shot in this positon. No matter what. Not even a give up shot. Squeeze your opponent into malimg a mistake. This game should be won on a mistake not a sell out give up shot.

And this game should not have any end game too it at all. First mistake looses the game. Thats howe I see this game.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
billy you were right .jeremy let him see enough of the stripe to go uptable behind the six
like this
View attachment 2866
Larry.... just a helpful tip on your text boxes. You can resize them to more fit the text that's in them. If you start watching this video here, it will pick up on the text box. [ame="http://youtu.be/9o_uXIfmvK8"]http://youtu.be/9o_uXIfmvK8[/ame] at 2 mins it shows the resize option. You might have to turn the audio up a bit, since it was recorded kind of low.

You're doing a great job!!!!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
IF Jeremy shoots the cue ball in between the rail and the 6 ball, eventually he will be able to hit another ball and hopefully fall to the bottom rail, on Buddies side of the table.
So far this has been a very interesting and well played game. We're seeing two champions playing some great one pocket.

Billy I.
Agreed A lot of fine shots and safeties. I like the shot above best. :)
Rod.