US Open One Pocket Mar 22-25th

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Who is going to the US Open One Pocket Mar 22-25th? Might play if I can get into town early enough otherwise will just go sweat action and maybe play a little.

Roll call. Who else is going?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Oh Oh. Tickets bought and I'm stuck on the dates due to work commitments.

Nick, it was originally scheduled to be held the 3rd week in december. Tough week just before christmas but i booked the flights, booked the hotel and booked the rental car. Then one day i look at the csi site and i don't see the december dates. i called and spoke to mary who told me they were in the process of picking new dates. she asked for my contact info and told me someone would call me, i assumed it would be mark. i never heard from anyone.

how much credibility do you think csi has with the pros? as far as im concerned they are a crap outfit. i am planning to attend for a couple of days next month im all booked again. then i read that many of the top players won't be there. now this rumor that they may change the date again!!! imagine if the usga did that for the dates of the us open in golf. it would never happen.

one last thing while im complaining, after not holding the event for a year or two last year with hardly any notice they held it in rhode island. why not have it on the moon? that would be just about as convenient for most of us.

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open One Pocket Mar 22-25th

Please take note.

The US Open Banks and the US Open One Pocket dates will NOT be changing.

It is unfortunate there is a conflict with the Scotty Townsend Memorial, however we don't have any other dates because of the Andy Mercer immediately (2 days) before us. That is held at the Rum Runner in Vegas, and attracts a good solid field.

I have been in contact with Jeff Sullivan and Ileana Ford, and we will try to avoid conflicts in the future. We announced our dates in September (I believe) and there was nothing intentional on either party. Shit happens......

Townsend event is a great event-but only 16 players at $1,000 entry. Our entry is $350, which hopefully will entice many players to partake. We will also have Tom Wirth on site giving seminars and lesson from 19th through the 25th.

If you have any questions, get in touch with Mark Griffin (702-835-2000)

Mark Griffin

CSI News

The dates will NOT be changing for this event, and entries are now open.
For information or to enter, go to http://www.playcsipool.com/2018-us-open-one-pocket.html

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Please take note.

It is unfortunate there is a conflict with the Scotty Townsend Memorial, however we don't have any other dates because of the Andy Mercer immediately (2 days) before us. That is held at the Rum Runner in Vegas, and attracts a good solid field.

I have been in contact with Jeff Sullivan and Ileana Ford, and we will try to avoid conflicts in the future. We announced our dates in September (I believe) and there was nothing intentional on either party. Shit happens......

Townsend event is a great event-but only 16 players at $1,000 entry. Our entry is $350, which hopefully will entice many players to partake. We will also have Tom Wirth on site giving seminars and lesson from 19th through the 25th.

Mark Griffin

Well that settles that. Back to my original question. Who else is going (or is local) and possibly wants to play?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
would LOVE to go Nick, and if I went, of course I would play in it!

I am afraid I wont be able to make it for the same reason I probably can't make the members tourney in June!

the last 4 vacations I have taken from work:

2018 DCC
2017 Member tourney (Chicago)
2017 DCC
2016 Member Tourney (New Orleans)

Although she was with me in Chicago and Louisville, I owe my wife a real vacation this year! Will see what happens but good luck if you play Nick, I will be jealous but rooting for ya! :)

Also, updated the event with the new flyer, thanks Mark!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Please take note.

Mark Griffin

The excellent O.P.Org team of specialized one pocket announcers are available if you give me enough advance notice. John “Gentlemen JOHN” Henderson leads the team.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
would LOVE to go Nick, and if I went, of course I would play in it!

I am afraid I wont be able to make it for the same reason I probably can't make the members tourney in June!

the last 4 vacations I have taken from work:

2018 DCC
2017 Member tourney (Chicago)
2017 DCC
2016 Member Tourney (New Orleans)

Although she was with me in Chicago and Louisville, I owe my wife a real vacation this year! Will see what happens but good luck if you play Nick, I will be jealous but rooting for ya! :)

Also, updated the event with the new flyer, thanks Mark!

All right then...if you don't have the "heart" to lie to her like I did then what can I say. Next time.