Straightback on 5 but is diffixult to hit well
Probably that or off the 13 back in stacklet
As long as he cant see the 8
Dunno really

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Scott has a fair dominant position, meaning he has balls that he wants to protect. The 4 ball can be a liability, so it is expendable, and thus can be used, but mainly for a defensive shot, but there is a cross corner bank on the 4, very risky, can come with cost of leaving a cross corner bank, but I do not think the cb will leave a direct in shot.

If the 13 ball can be two railed and then bringing the cb back into the stack by the 3 & 12, that should do nicely.

Another shot is to bank the dark green ball straight up and down, it might go off the 8, but anyway you can get in a threatening position. Stroke down on the cb to drag to the opponent's side rail, having the stack protect your shot.

Thanks for the wwyd!
Whitey

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Providing that I can get enough of the CB (and it looks like I can), I'd shoot low on the CB bank the 7 straight back into the 8, rolling the CB over to the side rail by the pocket. If the 7 doesn't kiss off the 8 to pocket, there still will be 2 balls by my hole. The opponent will be in trouble from there.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Twelve balls on the table and I can only hit 4 or 5 of them, and from deep in my own pocket, too. I will play all cue ball, sending Jojo off the 6 ball and up to the head rail, trying to put him straight in on the 13 ball. Surely my next shot will have more options than this one.

beatle

Verified Member
2 shots i would see and shoot.

whiteys bank of the green ball(6,or7?) if i could dig enough to get across behind the stack..
or
kick at the 4 ball and send cue into the stack.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
bank turquiose one long and focus CB froze on head rail, or maybe just come off the r/s of green six and place CB straight in for his 13 close to headrail as possible.

beatle

Verified Member
ten thousand years of pool on this forum and no one can figure out what balls are which by the colors.

if everyone refused to buy the streams and pros refuse to play without traditional balls it would change back quickly.

im tired of hearing the commentators trying to guess what ball they are talking about. maybe they too should say no more commentating if played with non traditional colors.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
ten thousand years of pool on this forum and no one can figure out what balls are which by the colors.

if everyone refused to buy the streams and pros refuse to play without traditional balls it would change back quickly.

im tired of hearing the commentators trying to guess what ball they are talking about. maybe they too should say no more commentating if played with non traditional colors.

Beatle, it is equally surprising to see how many players and commentators have not learned that the color sequence on balls 1-7 is repeated on balls 9 -15. ie: 5 ball plus 8 =13 ball, same color, etc.

Reactions: lll

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

It's a bit confusing I agree. I could understand why they might have done that in the 80s/90s. It was a bit underwhelming to pay Accustats $25-30 per tape and hear Billy/Buddy/Grady guess what balls they were looking at. However, the days of subpar camera equipment are long gone and with current HD broadcasts the traditional colors are quite easy to tell apart.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Poeh
Straightback on 5 but is diffixult to hit well
Probably that or off the 11 back in stacklet
As long as he cant see the 8
Dunno really
Off the 4 looks like a better shot, to my eye anyway. The 11 goes to my hole (but not his) and once removed the 3 now goes for him (but not for me). No?

beatle

Verified Member
im surprised the commentators havent stood up. as they actually look like fools guessing at what each ball is to the people watching that dont know that all the different sets are different shades of colors that make no sense.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well scott decided to rearrange the furniture and move ALOT of balls towards his side
he came off the lower solid and went into the balls in the stack and forward with the cue ball
the blue line is the gist of the cue ball path
here is the shot and how he left it for efren
scott efern smokin 2014 shot.pngscott efrem smokin 2014 result 1.png

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, I was thinking of the that shot except how can you tell that the cb is going to go through the 13 ball and get to a safe position protecting the 8 ball.
thanks, Whitey
whitey
i think you meant the 11 ball
look at the before and after pick and look where the 11 ended up
scott must have visualized how full he would hit the 11 so the cueball would follow forward
thats my best guess