Pick your favorite 1P match

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Danny Smith v. Efren Accu-Stats Channel

My all time favorite match is not on youtube. It is Efren vs. Alex from the DCC. I am not sure what year, but Efren is wearing an orange shirt and Alex is wearing a white one. It is an unbelievable match.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The Big one 2017 Tony Chohan vs. Dennis Orcollo. Four days.

This is also my favorite. I was lucky enough to do the final day commentary with George Michaels on POV Pool. At one point we had over 4K viewers on the free stream. Once the players saw this, they started negotiating for a cut on the following streams.

Last edited:

evergruven

Verified Member
My all time favorite match is not on youtube. It is Efren vs. Alex from the DCC. I am not sure what year, but Efren is wearing an orange shirt and Alex is wearing a white one. It is an unbelievable match.

2006, maybe? I've seen clips of that match, I think..billy is commentating and alex is cracking up at some of efren's sorcery

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
2006, maybe? I've seen clips of that match, I think..billy is commentating and alex is cracking up at some of efren's sorcery
I don't think that could be it. I'm pretty sure the match is available on video only (legally) from Accu-Stats, and that would not be likely to have Billy and Alex commentating at DCC.

To answer the thread question, JJ and Buddy, 1998, with the commentators Billy and Danny speculating which of players weighed the most. After that, JJ lost 140 pounds, and Buddy found it.

evergruven

Verified Member
I don't think that could be it. I'm pretty sure the match is available on video only (legally) from Accu-Stats, and that would not be likely to have Billy and Alex commentating at DCC.

sorry, I meant billy was commentating and alex was the opponent
here's a clip from 2006, after efren won the 1p finals over jason miller
he's wearing an orange shirt, and altho we don't see alex in the clip
pags did evidently place third that year, so maybe efren played him
I can't find the other clip I mentioned, so not sure..just my best guess

Rospaw1966

The Big one 2017 Tony Chohan vs. Dennis Orcollo. Four days.
Great match. Watched all 4 parts and watched the final day a few times over the last few months. Watched Tony play live a couple of weeks ago in Iron City. One of my top 5 players. U think his game would improve if he stayed off his phone! The man hurries back to his corner to check his phone.

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
sorry, I meant billy was commentating and alex was the opponent
here's a clip from 2006, after efren won the 1p finals over jason miller
he's wearing an orange shirt, and altho we don't see alex in the clip
pags did evidently place third that year, so maybe efren played him
I can't find the other clip I mentioned, so not sure..just my best guess
That is the match.

unoperro

Verified Member
You are spot on Billy is commentating and Alex is Efrens opponent. Alex is humored by Efren's simple but 100% effective answers to anything Alex does.
Efren runs over Alex then runs over Jason Miller. Looks like men against boys. More specifically the "MAN" !

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

To answer the thread question, JJ and Buddy, 1998, with the commentators Billy and Danny speculating which of players weighed the most. After that, JJ lost 140 pounds, and Buddy found it.
I love this match too and I have requested to Goldy (works for accustats) to load it on YouTube. They said it would be scheduled for January, but it's 3.5 hours so who knows

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Danny Smith v. Efren Accu-Stats Channel

Just to confirm, it's the semifinal match between Efren and Alex in 2006. Fantastic match, Efren played like Efren at his peak. He then followed it up in the finals, but don't blink as it's over quickly 😂.

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_083641329.jpg
    IMG_20220120_083641329.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
There are a few good videos not yet mentioned:

- Grady v Efren, an "after hours" action from 1991 Willards Classic. A great match but sadly without commentary -

- Efren v Bobby Emmons, from the Efren challenge series, wasn't too bad. I believe Efren was giving up 9-6. The other matches from the series against George Teyechea, Fach Garcia and John Lassek are worth a watch, too. -

- Parica v Bugs, Legends of One Pocket 1992, with Weenie Beenie and Johnny Ervolino commentating. Do I need to say more? -

- Corey v Shannon, 2000 World Championship. Corey uses an 8-ball break. This one will crack you up -

- Scott v John Schmidt, an insane game of one pocket commentated by Scott. It also features on Scott's Power One Pocket DVD (don't recall which volume) -

That's it for now.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

Rospaw1966

lol The "Corey v Shannon, 2000 World Championship. Corey uses an 8-ball break." was a great video. I have watched it a couple times in the last few months. Game play was good but watching Shannon's reaction / expression was priceless! Talking about throwing someone off his game ..... like inviting someone to dinner and you smoke BBQ all night to impress the person only to find out they are a vegetarian. lol

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
1991 Legends of One Pocket - Cook v Parica.

Totally forgot about mentioning this. Hitting balls with Figueroa yesterday, and for some reason we were talking about it and jogged my memory. Don't know if it is on YouTube or not.

Cookie Monster plays as perfect game of one pocket that has probably been chronicicalled on video between two great players. (There is a WWYD somewhere in the archives.)

Well worth the watch for any aficionado.

😉