'Pancho'

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Beard passed in 2014. Pancho went 4 or 5 years before that. He had lost a leg (diabetes), and for any of youse that have the Encyclopedia and want to read up on him a little bit, you won't find him in the index under Pancho or Harvey Strauss. You need to look under the B's for Brooklyn Pancho......

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Beard passed in 2014. Pancho went 4 or 5 years before that. He had lost a leg (diabetes), and for any of youse that have the Encyclopedia and want to read up on him a little bit, you won't find him in the index under Pancho or Harvey Strauss. You need to look under the B's for Brooklyn Pancho......
Thanks Jimmy

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah that's em.
Last time I saw him was in N. Tampa area pool room, about 8 nine yrs ago, Buddy also was also there.
Only went there a couple times, don't remember the name, remember a HUGE American flag was close by, biggest one I've ever seen.
Car Dealership.
Could that have been longer ago than you thought? I know Buddy was house pro at Planet 9 Ball in Tampa, but that's been quite a few years ago before he moved back to Metropolis. That was really a nice room. Ole SmorgassBored used to hang out there. Maybe even ran their tournaments.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That sounds like it doc. 2016 I was working at Tampa Honda and heard about this room went there, later heard about it's closing.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Could that have been longer ago than you thought? I know Buddy was house pro at Planet 9 Ball in Tampa, but that's been quite a few years ago before he moved back to Metropolis. That was really a nice room. Ole SmorgassBored used to hang out there. Maybe even ran their tournaments.

Hey Doc....I left Ft. Lauderdale & Pompano Beach, and then was hanging around Tampa for a coupla weeks back in 2002....went into Planet 9 Ball a few times, but there was no action there...nothing much was going on at the really great old school Tampa poolroom Baker's either...the action was a few miles away at Fatso's poolroom....I played a young Benny Conway jr. at Fatso's - was pretty easy action for me cuz he was too young back then and like a lot of young guys, he was shooting at everything...we were going to partner up after that, but then I left and went to Fort Myers & Naples for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: lll