New DCC rules...

southavenrecreationcenter

Verified Member
From
SOUTHAVEN, MISSISSIPPI
It's just crazy to have a tourney where you show up at 9 or 10 AM and your first match might be the following day at 9pm... who has time for that? Since I'm going to mot, don't think I'm going to railyards mini derb, but still considering dcc... but it's hard for me to go to a tournament and NOT enter..I can't just watch... and I can't have the above happen again like it did 2 times ago..I couldn't believe my first round match was the following day... like 36 hours after it started.

I know Greg is probably looking for other venues but if you double the number of tables it goes a lot quicker...
Agree entirely

pickpick

Pool is growing! Tournaments everywhere are full! I personally can’t believe how many really good young players there are That I’ve never heard of! Good problem pool is having trying to accommodate the growing numbers?

baby huey

Verified Member
Steve, in an earlier post you said you were coming to DCC with some of your books. Please bring one for me sir. Also, i'd like you to use your influence on Greg Sullivan to hold a mini OP1B event some night after midnight. Thx

Cory in dc

Verified Member
My opinion they should skip “phase 1” and have just 2 phases at most — Grady 2 balls in the kitchen max after 3 hours and then their sudden death after 4. That lets everyone have the allotted time — 3 hours — to play their match with nothing but standard rules. As long as they don’t drag out the match it’s regular traditional One Pocket.

Seems to me that the problem is in the early rounds before players are eliminated -- too many players and too few tables. They could just run full Grady rules until the field is down to 128 and all buybacks are done. Then they could switch to regular rules, or to regular rules + Grady rules at the 3 hour mark. Too late for this year, of course.

Have fun in DCC, everyone!

baby huey

Verified Member
I didn't see EReyes name in the DCC line up? Also it looks like many Euros aren't coming as well? No Busty?