MOT report

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
First I want to thank Dustin, John, Matt, and Steve for putting on a great tournament. As others have said, this is as much a social event as it is a competitive event. I have made a lot of good friends on this site and I enjoyed seeing those of you that attended the Southaven event.

Friday
I drew a bye in the first round and then played Chicago Mike in the second round. Mike and I both struggled a bit in this match. In the end, I struggled a little less pulling out the win.

Saturday
My first match was with Dave Gross (12Squared) on the Diamond table. I won this match 3-1 but the score does not tell the story, as is often the case. Dave made some incredible shots pocketing a ball only to have some weird scratch occur. We all know about his 3C background which ia a great weapon to have but I think his creativity and execution is his real strength.
in closing, Dave is not only a fierce competitor but a great guy as well, I enjoy playing him win or lose.

Next up is John Rauski (sp?) or JR. John plays me very tight moving the CB with great care and precision taking a 7/0 lead in the first game. He leaves me a opening and I square the game at 7-7. The object ball is on the rail just above my side pocket with the cb right behind it. I thin off the ball taking the CB 2 rails out of the top corner with the idea of bringing the CB just below the 2 side pocket. I come up just short leaving the CB in line with the object ball on the rail. John makes a incredibly thin back cut bank to win the game. What a shot! Anyway John wins the next game taking a 2-0 lead. I go into grind mode and somehow sneak out a win.

Sunday
I play Andy Warren in the hot seat match, he mops me up 3-0. Needless to say I struggled in this match and Andy played great.

My next match is Jay from Mo. Jay is a new member and I am really glad he joined the group. He is a great guy with a really really solid game. That said, neither Jay or myself brought our games to this match. I won but it was not pretty...for either of us.

Finals against Andy Warren race to 4. Andy is another new member, to me anyway. He is a really nice guy with a great game. Anyway on to the match. I take a 2-0 load and Andy wins the next 2 to tie it up. I win the 5th game to go 3-2, and Andy wins the next 2 to win the match.

I want to congratulate Andy Warren for some great play throughout the tournament. He definitely earned the win.

Ben

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the great report Ben!

You are always one of the favorites and did not disappoint this event either, good playing man!

See you again soon buddy!