Live Now...freezer V Gabe, Race To 6, Galveston

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm watching the game trying to bet SJD $50 on the next game and he's over here. SJD, pick your player and we'll sweat a $50 bet. Just don't past post or whatever the hell those cheaters do.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
wow, that's one of the worst games I've ever seen either of them play. JoeyA is trying to make every excuse in the book everytime they miss anything. They're tired, the table is too fast, the table is not level, they're playing too fast, thinking ahead, gonna loosen up shortly...

No one ever makes all those excuses for me when I play bad and I don't have any of my own money up. I have to make them up myself.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
CaliRed said:
wow, that's one of the worst games I've ever seen either of them play. JoeyA is trying to make every excuse in the book everytime they miss anything. They're tired, the table is too fast, the table is not level, they're playing too fast, thinking ahead, gonna loosen up shortly...

No one ever makes all those excuses for me when I play bad and I don't have any of my own money up. I have to make them up myself.

Yeah, that's why I stopped watching it halfway through that game - and I'm not going back....I'll wait till tomorrow for the real thing - Efren vs. Cliff....:cool:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yeah, that's why I stopped watching it halfway through that game - and I'm not going back....I'll wait till tomorrow for the real thing - Efren vs. Cliff....:cool:

It was kind of pitiful. I stayed for all of it.

jay helfert

Verified Member
Looked like they chopped the money to me. It was all put up by the Taylor Road crew. That's the problem with matches like these. No incentive to win.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jay helfert said:
Looked like they chopped the money to me. It was all put up by the Taylor Road crew. That's the problem with matches like these. No incentive to win.
That's a good point Jay. I understand that the Earl/Reyes 10-ball match went the same way: Rone put up 5K, then the players chopped it 3500/1500.

They might consider offering to stream any larger gambling match of particular interest, and play each player a performance fee-- say $500 or more. That way the guys would play to win their bet, but have a consolation fee for their participation.

They charged to watch Reyes/Strickland. So alternatively, they could let the players split the gate. The arena must hold 200 or more spectators, so at $10 a pop that would be an extra dime apiece.

Some might pale at the proposition of having their gambling on video; but on the other hand everyone knows what they're doing anyhow.:cool:

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jay helfert said:

The Taylor Road bunch surely needs to re-evaluate their generous donations to almost ANY two player's in an exhibition type format. Their heart is in the right place, but.......!

They appear to be a little bit naive in thinking they will ever get very much different, (than what they got last night) from two good friends. (even though they certainly deserved a little more effort at a good match, for their cash.)

Saver's are common, but if two player's are just going to split the $$$$ down the middle, (and maybe bet breakfast on the side)...chances are...you will get what we saw last night.

Just a thought...enough marque match-ups will occur, during the course of a tournament.
ANY two player's will give it their best shot, to keep from getting knocked out of the tournament, even if they are brothers.

Rather than burn up $$$$, with meaningless "Exhibition Matches"...why not offer a bonus, (or spiff) of (?) K $$$, on some of these match-up's ? Then, even if the player's agree to save (or split) the bonus $$$$....It would almost guarantee a little extra effort, and a good show for the fans.

Also, as an added bonus for the fan's,..... "intelligent" side wagers could be made on the match.

Theres nothing wrong with being friends, but friends or not...does anyone believe we saw the match we would have seen, If Scott and Gabe were on the one loss side...fighting for their tournament life.... JMHO

PS A Shmidt/Harriman match, may be the only "exhibition" game out there...that would almost guarantee a true "winner take all" event..:eek:

Last edited: