Is there any way to completely delete an entire post?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I had trouble with attachments showing up at the bottom after inserting pictures. And when I posted it the thumbnail attachments were still visible. I couldn't see any way to delete the whole post and start again. I could delete the text via the edit function, but not the thumbnails.

Is there no way to simply delete an entire post, including thumbnails?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I had trouble with attachments showing up at the bottom after inserting pictures. And when I posted it the thumbnail attachments were still visible. I couldn't see any way to delete the whole post and start again. I could delete the text via the edit function, but not the thumbnails.

Is there no way to simply delete an entire post, including thumbnails?
You should be able to delete/remove any image/attachment by clicking the X on them at the bottom of the form. Once you post something, you can't delete it but you can always edit it for the first 48 hours or whatever it is set to in case you see edits you need to make or posted something you decided you wanted to change. The reason for the time limit and the no deletion capability is so that if someone got mad for whatever reason and then decided to go in and delete all their posts, it would hurt the whole community so those parameters are set in place across the board.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
You should be able to delete/remove any image/attachment by clicking the X on them at the bottom of the form. Once you post something, you can't delete it but you can always edit it for the first 48 hours or whatever it is set to in case you see edits you need to make or posted something you decided you wanted to change. The reason for the time limit and the no deletion capability is so that if someone got mad for whatever reason and then decided to go in and delete all their posts, it would hurt the whole community so those parameters are set in place across the board.
I couldn't find an "X" at the bottom of the form. Do you mean at the bottom of the attachment? Even when I hit "edit", I don't see and X.