From A Bank Game Today

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I am cutting the 11 and returning the cueball to the headrail. I don't see anything offensive worth the risk, because you will be leaving an easier bank than the one that you are shooting now.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I am cutting the 11 and returning the cueball to the headrail. I don't see anything offensive worth the risk, because you will be leaving an easier bank than the one that you are shooting now.

Wow I can't even imagine not shooting at a bank from here.
Rod.
P.S. I might shoot at the bank and try to lay the CB between the 14 and 5 balls.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You could always just pocket the five and ease the cue ball up near the upper right hand pocket and let the spotted balls be blockers if you wanted to squeeze a little and fight for another shot.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
spot shot

spot shot

you should have practiced the spot shot enough to have above a 75% make average, it is the one shot that will come up over and over in bank pool... that being said you should stun the 11 straight back, the cue shouldn't move more than 4 inches to the left then you have your choice of straight backs for the win...

Just saying,

B

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Playing position for the 9 is breaking a bank pool axiom that I learned: Never, unless forced to do so, shoot at a bank that is more difficult than the one you are playing position for.

Leading 6-5 I feel no need to shoot the 11.

If anything, I would 4-rail the 11 and bring the cueball to the headrail (I tried it a few times, and has a good chance at being a viable shot)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
you should have practiced the spot shot enough to have above a 75% make average, it is the one shot that will come up over and over in bank pool... that being said you should stun the 11 straight back, the cue shouldn't move more than 4 inches to the left then you have your choice of straight backs for the win...

Just saying,

B

Thank you, Col Bill. The time you spent with me in my basement apparently didnt all go to waste!

First off, the absolute last thing I would do would be to make the 5 ball hanging in the corner. You have a 6 to 5 lead. He needs three balls. My overall intention from here -- in case I dont win the game on this shot - is to try and take TWO balls out of play at some point, so my opponent- needing three - cant win the game in one shot. Why would I want to burden myself with another ball to worry about? Sorry Jimmy B, no cookie for you.

Your opponent has just made a mistake and scratched. It is now time to win. I suggest you shoot the 11 ball the best way you know how and go all out for the win. Either straight back would be a good 2nd shot. If you are too shaky and puking slightly, then you can roll the 11 straight back and if you make it you should have a 2 in the side or 2 in the corner for the win.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Playing position for the 9 is breaking a bank pool axiom that I learned: Never, unless forced to do so, shoot at a bank that is more difficult than the one you are playing position for.

Leading 6-5 I feel no need to shoot the 11.

If anything, I would 4-rail the 11 and bring the cueball to the headrail (I tried it a few times, and has a good chance at being a viable shot)

You have cue ball in hand Chris, and a chance to win right now. The 11 straight back is only going to be slightly harder than either of the two straight backs you will leave. The fact that the win is at hand and there is only a slight difference in difficulty, qualifies for the "forced to do so" in this situation.

Beard

Jimmy B

Verified Member
My shot selection.???I

My shot selection.???I

I broke a cardinal rule.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Just saying,

B

Very good Fish, you win a cookie:).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXA338ro1mo[/ame]

My opponent set up to shoot the 11 straight-back at first and then changed his mind. He attempted the 9 straight-back to his left instead and almost knocked in the 5 ball with the 14. He missed the 9 ball and ended up losing the game, albeit not on my next turn at the table:(.

P.S. I would've shot the 11 straight-back, all day and all night.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Not sure but I might just shoot the 9 and stick right there.11 or the 9 either way doesn't really matter imo.JB

runarak

From
South West Ohio
From A Bank Game Today

If you don't shoot to win here, you need to grow a pair. I'm a fairly aggressive player but not wreck less.

I like my odds of getting a ball or two from here. JB is my teacher and he don't play scared either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I'll admit I was too passive here. This spot shot straight back is actually a shot I've never practiced, but I am certainly going to now.